Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Dream car garage, Billy Idol, Eyes Without a Face edition.

In this edition you will pick 5 cars born without a VIN.  Can be anything from a Sand rail powered by an air cooled VW motor to a top fuel dragster.   Most kit cars would qualify, as would most brass era cars from the early days of motoring.  You could pick something interesting like a vintage group B rally car, or a modern NASCAR stock car. Home built specials, engineering prototypes, factory concept cars, the sky is the limit. 

MSO from kit car maker is not considered a VIN in this thread.

Eyes without a face.....cars without a VIN....what 5 cars will you pick?

F_11229lowres_small.jpgF_11229lowres_small.jpg

• pick-favorites-factory-five-huntington-b

Factory 5 type 65 coupe, car #1.

1965 Shelby FFR Type 65 Daytona Coupe

http://www.factoryfive.com/kits/type-65-coupe/

Car #2, Caterham Lotus 7.

caterham-seven-360-05-1.jpg

pr2010-07-08.jpg

Formula Continental race car.

https://www.scca.com/videos?categories=formula-continental

Well engineered and built air cooled VW poWhite Hill Mid Engine Sand Rail 2 Seater Dune Buggy 1679cc Volkswagen VWwered sand rail....

White Hill Mid Engine Sand Rail 2 Seater Dune Buggy 1679cc Volkswagen VW

10072905_2007481623351.JPG

1 hour ago, A Horse With No Name said:

In this edition you will pick 5 cars born without a VIN.  Can be anything from a Sand rail powered by an air cooled VW motor to a top fuel dragster.   Most kit cars would qualify, as would most brass era cars from the early days of motoring.  You could pick something interesting like a vintage group B rally car, or a modern NASCAR stock car. Home built specials, engineering prototypes, factory concept cars, the sky is the limit. 

MSO from kit car maker is not considered a VIN in this thread.

Eyes without a face.....cars without a VIN....what 5 cars will you pick?

• Factory 5 type 65 coupe, car #1.

http://www.factoryfive.com/kits/type-65-coupe/

Car #2, Caterham Lotus 7.

Dude, I was SO going to do one of these!!

Well, I was going to split them up, lol. But I was eventually going to do a race car one, a concept car one, and kit car/custom builder one. Having only 5 to pick from all of these is like impossible. I feel like I'm going to have an aneurysm trying to figure this one out.

11 minutes ago, Frisky Dingo said:

Dude, I was SO going to do one of these!!

Well, I was going to split them up, lol. But I was eventually going to do a race car one, a concept car one, and kit car/custom builder one. Having only 5 to pick from all of these is like impossible. I feel like I'm going to have an aneurysm trying to figure this one out.

Was trying to make it challenging, i guess I succeeded!

I'm doing multiple lists, sorry.

Racecar list-

McLaren MP4/6- Maybe the most iconic F1 car of all-time.

247ab83f6fbeb6e65962c1511d7ab3f7.jpg

Audi R8 R- The most dominant modern prototype built. Proably the prettiest, too.

546b78adee34c_-_audi-r8-lmp-05-lg.jpg

McLaren F1 GTR Long Tail- The car that gave way to the great GT1 cars of the late 90's. Textbook loophole using. Plus, Gulf livery.

McLaren.jpg

1987 Porsche 962C- Won Le Mans my birth year, the most dominant endurance racer ever built.

061-1984-Porsche-962C-Rothmans-1987-Le-M

Porsche 917K- The rise of a giant; motorsports would never be the same.

47025898.Martini917k.jpg

• Agree 2

Would love the '42 GM 'Super Pontoon Special' for a daily driver :

42 SuperPontoon 2.jpg

'38 Studebaker COE delivery for a truck :

38 StudeCOEdelivery.jpg

'69 AMC AMX/2 for a sports car :

69 AMC AMX II 1.jpg

'63 Pontiac Tempest SD421 for a race car, finished the below race EIGHT laps over the ferrari GTO :

tempest4.jpg

'49 GM Corsair for a family hauler :

49 GM 'Torpedo'.jpg

Edited by balthazar
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Frisky Dingo said:

Damn, was gonna use the Nomad in another list of mine.

Well then use it.  How many Ford Raptors and other popular modern stuff do we have in the other threads?

I think the real value in threads like this is in seeing what other people actually have on their minds. We both approached this one with a different philosophy.  I wanted cars that I could actually drive and make me a better competition driver.

Well...other than the Thomas Flyer.

You wanted historically and culturally significant race cars. Both of our approaches are correct.