November Car Spotting Thread

Robert Hall

Saw a Chevy Bolt for the first time today, a white one at an intersection..it had gear on the roof that looked like autonomous vehicle testing gear (spinny things like I saw on the Uber Fusion autonomous car I saw a couple months ago). 

Nice to see you back....

White 56 Thunderbird on a car carrier this morning in the lot of the place I was getting my morning coffee....effin awesome!

Finding that I am getting more into the 50's and earlier cars and also more into post 1985 as well.  Really burned out personally on the Muscle car era and traditional American classics.

Bring me a vintage jaguar XK 150 or a nice modern Cayman and we are golden....

Been busy busy busy the last few months....was on a house hunting trip in the Cleveland area last week, put an offer on a house, waiting, as the realtor has had trouble getting a hold of the owner....if this falls through, will make another trip back after Thanksgiving to look at more houses...

• Agree 1

Still have to write up my Seattle 2016 International Autoshow and my impressions on the BOLT as they had them for test drive and on the showroom floor.

6'6" tall 280lbs of me in a comfy BOLT.

IMG_1580.JPG

IMG_1575.JPG

16 hours ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

Been busy busy busy the last few months....was on a house hunting trip in the Cleveland area last week, put an offer on a house, waiting, as the realtor has had trouble getting a hold of the owner....if this falls through, will make another trip back after Thanksgiving to look at more houses...

Sounds like I will be road tripping Cleveland. Visiting a friend in Tiffin often...good thing the TDI Jetta is getting such good fuel economy...Ran 57.8 On the tank I went to Tiffin on...

When they buy it back I am leaning WRX...

Saw an R32 Skyline after meeting friends for a dinner and a movie last night...he was running next to me on I 270 when I was going home. Nice to start the day with the Bird and end it with the Nissan.

16 hours ago, dfelt said:

Still have to write up my Seattle 2016 International Autoshow and my impressions on the BOLT as they had them for test drive and on the showroom floor.

6'6" tall 280lbs of me in a comfy BOLT.

IMG_1580.JPG

IMG_1575.JPG

Odd, you look almost exactly like I pictured you. Right now my thoughts are to replace the Jetta with a WRX and the Mini with a Bolt when they have been out a couple of years.

14 hours ago, dfelt said:

Yes that is me in the Bolt! :P

Now you just need an older Ford performance truck in the garage so you can have a Bolt of lightning 

3 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Now you just need an older Ford performance truck in the garage so you can have a Bolt of lightning 

:o What my Trailblazer SS does not count? ;) 

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a rare unicorn.  Mercury Topaz GS 2-door with 2-tone paint.  Body and interior are in mint condition.  I believe it belongs to a Costco employee because I've seen the car there multiple times over the last few weeks (I'm a 3 - 4 visits per week kinda guy)

15220209_10154556201891413_2705559487975799131_n.jpg

15283964_10154556202011413_5793787816496908384_n.jpg

23 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Here's a rare unicorn.  Mercury Topaz GS 2-door with 2-tone paint.  Body and interior are in mint condition.  I believe it belongs to a Costco employee because I've seen the car there multiple times over the last few weeks (I'm a 3 - 4 visits per week kinda guy)

15220209_10154556201891413_2705559487975799131_n.jpg

15283964_10154556202011413_5793787816496908384_n.jpg

Front tire looks a bit flat, but WOW, that is in Cherry condition. Wonder if they got it from an Estate sale. I have found many older auto's in cherry condition from estate sales.

Nice catch Drew.