dfelt

Faraday Future Reveal at CES

10 posts in this topic

dfelt    1,863

G. David Felt
Staff Writer Alternative Energy - www.CheersandGears.com

Faraday Future Reveal at CES

Faraday has been emailing me daily the last few days about their big reveal at CES tomorrow Jan 3rd. Here is their latest email about their new auto. I have to say that this back lit image reminds me of the car in Demolition Man.

Exciting times for EV's this year!

FaradayFutureCESReveal.jpg

FAPTurbo    1,090

based on all their internal bs, they should be called fraudy future. 

dfelt    1,863

Here is the Reveal, so what do you all think?

dfelt    1,863

At 15:20 is where the actual presentation begins with Nick.

36:02 they show their self parking with no one in the car, VERY COOL. 

EPA rated at 378 miles per Charge for the 130kWh battery pack.

1050HP or 783 kW motors. 2.39 seconds on 0-60.

58:36 they finally bring the car on stage and show off the 0-60 speed.

1hr 01:50 they cover the drag of .25 and how every point reduced is a 12 mile gain in battery range.

1hr 8 min they start showing off the production and details of the car and then finally bring the actual auto on the stage at 1hr 11:30 min.

1:20:00 they show off the interior and talk about the car, rear doors are suicide doors. Interior is very roomy it looks like and I think cool.

The whole thing is great to watch, the last 30 min is probably what most will want to see as they tour the auto for everyone.

FF91 deliveries will begin in March 2017.

oldshurst442    1,038

I dont like the way it looks....its an SUV type thing...YUK!

But everything about it, if true, is awesome...

Ill still drool over a now 5 year old design in a Tesla Model S.

Edited by oldshurst442

dfelt    1,863
28 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

Tesla S I can barely fit in the front seat and due to the lack of head room the back seat is a failure for me. This as you say and it is a CUV auto has a great drag of .25, 378 miles battery pack and clearly some serious internal room. Love the Suicide Doors.

oldshurst442    1,038
35 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

I must have missed it, but how does the interior look like?

I mentioned Tesla, but I recall that when Tesla was presenting the Model S, they were also flaunting a recharging station program...

Faraday Future....not so much!!!

6 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Tesla S I can barely fit in the front seat and due to the lack of head room the back seat is a failure for me. This as you say and it is a CUV auto has a great drag of .25, 378 miles battery pack and clearly some serious internal room. Love the Suicide Doors.

Yeah...I could see where a SUV thingy might be a better design than a sedan.

Seeing as I am a small dude, a midsized sedan works best for me, while a SUV thingy works best for you as you are a giant!!!

All is good...different needs for different people!

Ill praise the Faraday....this Faraday SUV thingy looks 1000000000000000 times better than the Tesla Model X!!!

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Upvote 1

dfelt    1,863
2 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

I must have missed it, but how does the interior look like?

I mentioned Tesla, but I recall that when Tesla was presenting the Model S, they were also flaunting a recharging station program...

Faraday Future....not so much!!!

Yeah...I could see where a SUV thingy might be a better design than a sedan.

Seeing as I am a small dude, a midsized sedan works best for me, while a SUV thingy works best for you as you are a giant!!!

All is good...different needs for different people!

Ill praise the Faraday....this Faraday SUV thingy looks 1000000000000000 times better than the Tesla Model X!!!

Totally agree with you, way better than Tesla X. We need both, EV sedans and suvs.

dfelt    1,863
6 hours ago, FAPTurbo said:

unreleased vapourware concepts always look cool

If they truly meet their March 2017 and start delivery of the auto's then far from Vaporware, but I get your point.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By dfelt
      G. David Felt - Staff Writer Alternative Energy - www.cheersandgears.com
      ALCRAFT Motor Company EV Startup

ALCRAFT Motor Company made it's debut this week with a AWD Shooting brake performance hatchback. Company CEO David Alcraft has assembled a team of industry veterans and has signed agreements with several partner companies such as Delta Motorsports for the powertrain, Continental for the Safety System and Michelin for Tires. "This is to be a British car company that brings in quality traditional skills with high technology on carbon fiber in the emerging low carbon car market", according to Alcraft.
      The first effort for the ALCRAFT Motor Company is this "Alcraft GT" a 2 person AWD EV. There will be two battery options, a 200-250 mile and a 300+ mile battery pack. Powertrain is expected to be 600 HP with 840 Lb Ft Torque with a 4wd torque vectoring sys and a 0-62 MPH of 3.5 seconds. This initial 2 person will have a 500 litre luggage area. Alcraft has stated that a 2+2 configuration will happen on the same platform. Expected production is 2019.
      ALCRAFT MOTOR COMPANY

• By William Maley
      Earlier this year, Smart announced that it would be ending sales of the gas models and switch over to selling electric only models. This announcement has many Smart dealers running for the exit.
      According to Automotive News, dealers had until the end June to make a decision whether to keep selling Smarts or move to a service-only operation. Out of the 85 dealers in the U.S., 58 (about two-thirds) would move to the service-only operation. Smart spokeswoman Donna Boland said these numbers are preliminary.
      Dealers that opt out of selling Smart will transition to service once they sell out of inventory. The 'vast majority' are expected to transition by the end of this year.
      The remaining 27 dealers are in areas with zero-emission vehicle mandates that will give the brand "the highest market penetration potential," Boland said. Such areas include San Francisco, New York, and Los Angeles.
      As Automotive News points out, Smart's 27 dealers will make it one of the smallest dealership networks in the U.S. The likes of Lamborghini and Lotus have larger dealer networks at 31 and 41 respectively. 
      Source: Automotive News (Subscription Required)

View full article
    • By William Maley
      Earlier this year, Smart announced that it would be ending sales of the gas models and switch over to selling electric only models. This announcement has many Smart dealers running for the exit.
      According to Automotive News, dealers had until the end June to make a decision whether to keep selling Smarts or move to a service-only operation. Out of the 85 dealers in the U.S., 58 (about two-thirds) would move to the service-only operation. Smart spokeswoman Donna Boland said these numbers are preliminary.
      Dealers that opt out of selling Smart will transition to service once they sell out of inventory. The 'vast majority' are expected to transition by the end of this year.
      The remaining 27 dealers are in areas with zero-emission vehicle mandates that will give the brand "the highest market penetration potential," Boland said. Such areas include San Francisco, New York, and Los Angeles.
      As Automotive News points out, Smart's 27 dealers will make it one of the smallest dealership networks in the U.S. The likes of Lamborghini and Lotus have larger dealer networks at 31 and 41 respectively. 
      Source: Automotive News (Subscription Required)
    • By dfelt
      Leaf 2.0 Spec's Leak Online

Spy's seem to be getting the upper hand at Nissan or Nissan is deciding to take an aggressive attack on controlling the release of data about the Nissan Leaf 2.0. While the rumors of multiple size of batteries is unconfirmed and no comment from Nissan since earlier this year word of a 340 mile battery pack option would be available, we do have confirmed base starting points for the price at each of the three trim levels.
      Leaf 2.0 will have the following specifications:
      147 HP with 236 pound feet of torque
      Base Battery is 40 kWh
      Base Trim starting price:
      S - $29,990
      SV - $32,490
      SL - $36,200
      Curb Weight 3,433
      Full reveal to the public - September 5th 2017
      You can click review the full details of the Leaf 2.0 here at the Autoblog story. It gives full details about the car and some are rather interesting. Example is that the Chevrolet Bolt has a 10" screen and the Leaf 2.0 is showing a 5" screen. Interior cargo capacity is 30 cubic feet. HP is a bump up from Leaf 1.0 as they go from 107 and 187 to 147 and 236. Yet this is a far cry from the Bolts 200 and 266. Also we now know that the Leaf 2.0 will have a 40kWh base battery compared to 60kWh for the Bolt and the Tesla 3's 50 kWh base battery or 75 kWh battery option. The leaf will have a standard 36 month or 36,000 mile warranty and 60 month or 60,000 mile power train warranty. 
      Leaf 2.0 kicks the Bolt's and Tesla 3's butt is in pricing with a base starting price of $29,990 compared to Bolts $37,495 base price and Tesla 3 $35,000 base price even though you have to wait till end of 2018 to get a base Tesla 3 and these prices are before any federal and or state rebates / credits.
      carscoop story 1
      Autoblog video
      Based on the carscoop's story they have taken the cameo and a Photoshop job of what they expect the final Leaf 2.0 to look like.

• By dfelt
      States Leading Charge to Ban ICE Auto's.

The last 48 HRS has been very interesting as we have a story that is developing. Washington state in it's battle to reduce climate change is considering following other countries by setting goals to phase out ICE auto's.
      Washington state has stated the following for this:
      We used a record 2.78 billion gallons of gasoline in Washington State in 2015. Every gallon of gasoline releases 20 pounds of carbon dioxide. Cars and trucks account for nearly 45 percent of our region’s carbon footprint. Washington spends more than $6 billion annually on gasoline, most of which goes to out-of-state fossil fuel companies to finance drilling, fracking, pipelines and destructive environmental practices. Driving electric vehicles will save the average Washington family about $1,200 a year in fuel costs. Washington has clean and low-cost hydroelectric power, making electric vehicles a sensible and cost-effective solution. Car and truck exhaust is responsible for 53,000 deaths annually in the United States. Washington State and Olympia should implement the following policies: Adopt a phase-out date of 2030 for the sale of new gasoline and diesel vehicles, consistent with the global trend. Plan for and build the charging infrastructure necessary for mass electric vehicle adoption. Create incentives to spur the sale of electric vehicles including preferential HOV lane access, lower tolls, vehicle registration discounts, and preferred parking. Increase funding for infrastructure for public transportation, bicycling and walking. The governor who has signed off on all climate change legislation is wanting to lead the USA in being the first state to start the process of phasing out ICE auto's as he joined New York and California to abide by the Paris Climate Accord.
      This will create an interesting business climate of how auto dealerships will survive if the auto companies are not building enough EV's for the public to buy. So many questions and not enough answers are brought on by this. 
      While I am all for EV's, I do question this aggressive approach for the state that I live in.
      Washington State Phasing Out ICE Auto's

• My Clubs

• Who's Online (See full list)