• Greetings Guest!

CheersandGears.com was founded in 2001 and is one of the oldest continuously operating automotive forums out there.  Come see why we have users who visit nearly every day for the past 16+ years. Signup is fast and free, or you can opt for a premium subscription to view the site ad-free.

G. David Felt
Staff Writer Alternative Energy - www.CheersandGears.com

Faraday Future Reveal at CES

Faraday has been emailing me daily the last few days about their big reveal at CES tomorrow Jan 3rd. Here is their latest email about their new auto. I have to say that this back lit image reminds me of the car in Demolition Man.

Exciting times for EV's this year!

FaradayFutureCESReveal.jpg

based on all their internal bs, they should be called fraudy future. 

Here is the Reveal, so what do you all think?

At 15:20 is where the actual presentation begins with Nick.

36:02 they show their self parking with no one in the car, VERY COOL. 

EPA rated at 378 miles per Charge for the 130kWh battery pack.

1050HP or 783 kW motors. 2.39 seconds on 0-60.

58:36 they finally bring the car on stage and show off the 0-60 speed.

1hr 01:50 they cover the drag of .25 and how every point reduced is a 12 mile gain in battery range.

1hr 8 min they start showing off the production and details of the car and then finally bring the actual auto on the stage at 1hr 11:30 min.

1:20:00 they show off the interior and talk about the car, rear doors are suicide doors. Interior is very roomy it looks like and I think cool.

The whole thing is great to watch, the last 30 min is probably what most will want to see as they tour the auto for everyone.

FF91 deliveries will begin in March 2017.

I dont like the way it looks....its an SUV type thing...YUK!

But everything about it, if true, is awesome...

Ill still drool over a now 5 year old design in a Tesla Model S.

Edited by oldshurst442

28 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

Tesla S I can barely fit in the front seat and due to the lack of head room the back seat is a failure for me. This as you say and it is a CUV auto has a great drag of .25, 378 miles battery pack and clearly some serious internal room. Love the Suicide Doors.

35 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

I must have missed it, but how does the interior look like?

I mentioned Tesla, but I recall that when Tesla was presenting the Model S, they were also flaunting a recharging station program...

Faraday Future....not so much!!!

6 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Tesla S I can barely fit in the front seat and due to the lack of head room the back seat is a failure for me. This as you say and it is a CUV auto has a great drag of .25, 378 miles battery pack and clearly some serious internal room. Love the Suicide Doors.

Yeah...I could see where a SUV thingy might be a better design than a sedan.

Seeing as I am a small dude, a midsized sedan works best for me, while a SUV thingy works best for you as you are a giant!!!

All is good...different needs for different people!

Ill praise the Faraday....this Faraday SUV thingy looks 1000000000000000 times better than the Tesla Model X!!!

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

I must have missed it, but how does the interior look like?

I mentioned Tesla, but I recall that when Tesla was presenting the Model S, they were also flaunting a recharging station program...

Faraday Future....not so much!!!

Yeah...I could see where a SUV thingy might be a better design than a sedan.

Seeing as I am a small dude, a midsized sedan works best for me, while a SUV thingy works best for you as you are a giant!!!

All is good...different needs for different people!

Ill praise the Faraday....this Faraday SUV thingy looks 1000000000000000 times better than the Tesla Model X!!!

Totally agree with you, way better than Tesla X. We need both, EV sedans and suvs.

6 hours ago, FAPTurbo said:

unreleased vapourware concepts always look cool

If they truly meet their March 2017 and start delivery of the auto's then far from Vaporware, but I get your point.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By dfelt
      We are in the Golden Age of Auto's with a revolution that will see the gentle passing of ICE Auto's as they are replaced by the EV Auto. With today's small 2% plus market share, the EV auto is having a major impact on auto suppliers. 
      According to the director of product development, filtration and engine peripherals J.D. Kehoe of Mahle Filter Systems of North America, the ICE downsizing, 48V Hybridization and electric traction motors are affecting the development of future powertrains. Mahle's corporate strategy is to keep on top of all trends supporting the wide variety of options and yet that also comes with the added danger that if you make the wrong call, a company could be on the hook for millions of dollars in parts cost if they build and support the wrong tech version of any given powertrain.
      You have the success of the Chevrolet Bolt, Nissan Leaf and Tesla making up the 2-3% of global deliveries today and by 2023 the auto industry expects to have 205 EV models on the market replacing many ICE models.
      Manufactures have a wide range that specify from 200V to 400V based on the battery packs with each electric motor up to 134HP depending on vehicle design. 
      Mahle has grown their EV portfolio to off EV-oriented technology to OEM customers from high-voltage liquid cooled electric traction motors  that operate in the 400V to 800V range with power output up to 240HP with unlimited lifetimes as they are brushless designs that require little to no maintenance and they are working to increase their motors power density to have offerings up to supercar level.
      Mahle offers 48V IPM synchronous electric motors that can operate in a range of 42V to 52V to meet the needs of various designs for mild hybrid applications.
      Areas of instant growth that Mahle and other auto suppliers are hiring for is in needs of electric AC and heater systems that are low voltage demanding along with leak detection devices as all the new closed system EV systems have a new wave of monitoring to optimize performance / efficiency. 
      Example of this is the need to monitor battery-cell electrolytes that must not come in contact with water or humidity from the cooling system.
      While powertrains are expected to reduce as much as 75% in complexity and parts compared to ICE powertrains, electronics are expected to expand greatly in the various uses from monitoring subsystems to safety and occupant comfort.
      As auto companies look to reduce weight, use new technology material like carbon fiber and high strength plastics the needs to adjust and change quickly means the nimble suppliers will win the evolving change in consumer / commercial auto's.
      Wards Auto Story
      Mahle web site
    • By William Maley
      We know that the current Volkswagen Beetle will soon be heading off to the great parking lot in the sky sometime next year, and that a direct replacement will not happen. But there is talk about bringing back the Beetle as an electric vehicle.
      Volkswagen's design chief Klaus Bischoff revealed to Autocar that he has already made a sketch of a possible Beetle EV, but it will be some time before the automaker makes a decision whether to move forward with this or not. Some of this comes down Volkswagen wanting to get the bigger-selling electric cars into production first (see I.D. hatchback and  I.D. Crozz) before moving onto the 'emotional' models.
      “Our duty is to get the volume [ID] models under way. These cars have super-complicated technology and if you do too much, it’s an overload. Then we [can] move into more exotic cars and the field of emotion,” said Bischoff.
      If Volkswagen does give the green light for a Beetle EV, what could it look like? According to Autocar, the model could grow in size and get two extra doors.
      “The Beetle of today is a very attractive two-door coupé or convertible, but it is limited in the amount of cars that it can sell because it’s a niche. If you look at MEB, the shortest wheelbase [possible] is the ID [hatchback]. If you took that and did the Beetle on it, you have plenty of room so there’s no compromise in functionality any more. So it could be a very attractive car,” explained Bischoff.
      We know there is a fan of an electric Beetle, Volkswagen Group CEO Herbert Diess.
      “We could [build an electric Beetle], because it is rear-wheel drive, no grille. If we wanted to do a Beetle electrically, it would be much better than the current car. Much closer to the history of the Beetle," Diess told Car and Driver back in October.
      Source: Autocar

View full article
    • By William Maley
      We know that the current Volkswagen Beetle will soon be heading off to the great parking lot in the sky sometime next year, and that a direct replacement will not happen. But there is talk about bringing back the Beetle as an electric vehicle.
      Volkswagen's design chief Klaus Bischoff revealed to Autocar that he has already made a sketch of a possible Beetle EV, but it will be some time before the automaker makes a decision whether to move forward with this or not. Some of this comes down Volkswagen wanting to get the bigger-selling electric cars into production first (see I.D. hatchback and  I.D. Crozz) before moving onto the 'emotional' models.
      “Our duty is to get the volume [ID] models under way. These cars have super-complicated technology and if you do too much, it’s an overload. Then we [can] move into more exotic cars and the field of emotion,” said Bischoff.
      If Volkswagen does give the green light for a Beetle EV, what could it look like? According to Autocar, the model could grow in size and get two extra doors.
      “The Beetle of today is a very attractive two-door coupé or convertible, but it is limited in the amount of cars that it can sell because it’s a niche. If you look at MEB, the shortest wheelbase [possible] is the ID [hatchback]. If you took that and did the Beetle on it, you have plenty of room so there’s no compromise in functionality any more. So it could be a very attractive car,” explained Bischoff.
      We know there is a fan of an electric Beetle, Volkswagen Group CEO Herbert Diess.
      “We could [build an electric Beetle], because it is rear-wheel drive, no grille. If we wanted to do a Beetle electrically, it would be much better than the current car. Much closer to the history of the Beetle," Diess told Car and Driver back in October.
      Source: Autocar
    • By William Maley
      The Mustang Shelby GT350 is already quick around a track, but Ford believed they could do better. So they brought the GT350 into their workshop and made various tweaks and changes. The end result is the 2019 Shelby GT350 that not only promises to be quicker, but also easier to drive at the limit.
      It begins with the tires. Ford worked with Michelin on developing tires specific to the GT350. The end result is a set of special Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires with a unique tread pattern and compound. They wrap around a set of restyled 19-inch wheels. The anti-lock brakes and steering have been retuned to handle the performance of the tires.
      The suspension gets a new set of springs, anti-roll bars, and an updated tune for the MagneRide adaptive dampers. A new aero package includes a revised grille with sections that are blocked out, revised rear wing, and a Gurney flap.
      Ford has also worked on making the Shelby GT350 a bit more comfortable for passengers. There are new door panel inserts, power adjustments for the front seats, dual-zone climate control, 12-speaker audio system, and a eight-inch touchscreen.
      Pricing hasn't been announced, but the 2019 GT350 will be available beginning early next year.
      Source: Ford

‘Somewhere, Carroll Is Smiling;’ New 2019 Shelby GT350 Adds Tech From Mustang Road Course Racing And All-New Shelby GT500
      Upgraded 2019 Mustang Shelby GT350 improves on precision and balance all to deliver faster lap times and performance on-track and on the street 2019 Mustang Shelby GT350 performance enhancements include improved aerodynamics that reduce drag with the new spoiler and adds downforce with new available Gurney flap installed, new custom Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires, plus chassis and antilock brake tuning for dramatically greater grip Shelby GT350 benefits from Ford Performance Mustang road course racing experience and Shelby GT500 aerodynamic advancements, plus hundreds of hours of on-track and full vehicle simulations; Billy Johnson, Ford GT World Endurance driver, helped dial in final performance tuning DEARBORN, Mich., June 11, 2018 – To improve the new Ford Mustang Shelby® GT350 driver confidence and lap times, Ford Performance leveraged its Mustang road course racing programs and all-new upcoming Shelby® GT500, infusing GT350 with the very latest in track and street technology.
      “Somewhere, Carroll is smiling,” said Hermann Salenbauch, global director for Ford Performance vehicle programs. “The new Shelby GT350 is our ultimate track Mustang. We’ve stuck to Carroll Shelby’s original formula for winning championships and made our Shelby GT350 even better with the latest in race-proven aerodynamics, tire and chassis technology.”
      From F-150 Raptor to the Ford GT supercar, Ford Performance is creating authentic performance cars, trucks and utilities that deliver heart-pounding excitement for customers around the world.
      Next-level chassis technology and aerodynamics
      Building on a road course racing and track-focused legacy born in 1965, Ford Performance engineers and designers incorporated the latest advances in tire, aerodynamics and chassis technology into the 2019 Mustang Shelby GT350.
      Working exclusively with Michelin, the team also engineered new Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires with a Shelby GT350-specific tread pattern and different compound to deliver more grip for significantly improved acceleration and lateral acceleration, as well as braking. The 295/35 front and 305/35 rear tires are fitted to improved stiffness and optimize new 19-inch aluminum wheels.
      An all-new rear spoiler with optional Gurney flap and optimized grille closeout was designed and tuned with experience gained from wind tunnel development of the Ford Performance Mustang road course racing cars and upcoming Shelby GT500 model. Together, they deliver significant rear greater aerodynamic efficiency when equipped with the new optional Gurney flap on the rear spoiler, which will be available after launch.
      Upgrades to Mustang Shelby GT350’s standard MagneRide active suspension complement the aero and tire enhancements with recalibrated springs and revised damping to take full advantage of the improvements.
      Stopping power is provided by six-piston front and four-piston rear caliper Brembo™ brakes. For added control and improved driver feedback, Shelby GT350’s electric power-assist steering and three-mode electronic stability control settings feature enhancements taken from Ford Performance’s hundreds of hours of competitive track testing.
      Tuning with Billy Johnson in the driver’s seat
      Billy Johnson knows racing. As a driver for the FIA World Endurance Ford GT and IMSA Mustang GT4 programs, Johnson has broad expertise in what makes for a great driver’s car. He worked with Ford Performance to dial in the Shelby GT350 for 2019.
      Shelby GT350’s exclusive high-revving 5.2-liter V8 remains the most powerful naturally aspirated Ford production engine ever and the only one of its type in the segment – delivering 526 horsepower and 429 lb.-ft. of torque at a blistering 8,250-rpm redline. It’s mated to a track-proven and precise-shifting Tremec® 6-speed manual transmission.
      Johnson said the result of the new Mustang Shelby GT350’s aerodynamics tuning, revised brake calibration, and much greater downforce is a more balanced, higher-performing car on the straightaways and especially in the corners.
      “Along with improved grip, brake and chassis refinements, Shelby GT350 brings a whole new level of performance driving,” he said. “It’s a rewarding car to drive on track for amateurs and pros alike, while making the driver feel like a superhero. It’s confidence inspiring in corners and begs to be pushed harder and to take corners faster.”
      More craftsmanship, technology and style
      Inside, driver and passengers of the 2019 Mustang Shelby GT350 are treated to a comfortable, stylish and purpose-built cockpit boasting the latest in advanced technology and premium materials expected of a world-class sports car.  
      Fresh sporting cues include a standard machined aluminum instrument panel appliqué with an available exposed carbon fiber version, plus newly designed door panel inserts in dark slate Miko® suede with accent stitching. A wrapped center console offers rich world-class craftsmanship. Standard Recaro race seats with firm side bolstering and open pass-throughs for safety harnesses offer the highest level of performance, while new power-adjustable seating is available with Miko suede inserts for those looking for added comfort.
      A new high-performance, custom-tuned 12-speaker B&O PLAY audio system by HARMAN is now available for the 2019 Mustang Shelby GT350, controlled via the now standard 8-inch SYNC® 3 touch screen that features SiriusXM and FordPass™ Connect. Dual-zone electronic automatic temperature control is now standard, along with a universal garage door opener.
      New colors for the 2019 Mustang Shelby GT350 include Velocity Blue and for the first time, Ford Performance Blue. Optional factory-painted over-the-top racing stripes are available in high-gloss Shadow Black, Oxford White or Kona Blue. Mirror-mounted Shelby Cobra Projection Lamps come standard in the available Technology Package.
      The 2019 Mustang Shelby GT350 will be available starting in early 2019 and will be built at Flat Rock Assembly Plant in Flat Rock, Michigan. Enrollment in an exclusive, complimentary Track Attack driving program from Ford Performance is included with each vehicle.

View full article
    • By William Maley
      The Mustang Shelby GT350 is already quick around a track, but Ford believed they could do better. So they brought the GT350 into their workshop and made various tweaks and changes. The end result is the 2019 Shelby GT350 that not only promises to be quicker, but also easier to drive at the limit.
      It begins with the tires. Ford worked with Michelin on developing tires specific to the GT350. The end result is a set of special Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires with a unique tread pattern and compound. They wrap around a set of restyled 19-inch wheels. The anti-lock brakes and steering have been retuned to handle the performance of the tires.
      The suspension gets a new set of springs, anti-roll bars, and an updated tune for the MagneRide adaptive dampers. A new aero package includes a revised grille with sections that are blocked out, revised rear wing, and a Gurney flap.
      Ford has also worked on making the Shelby GT350 a bit more comfortable for passengers. There are new door panel inserts, power adjustments for the front seats, dual-zone climate control, 12-speaker audio system, and a eight-inch touchscreen.
      Pricing hasn't been announced, but the 2019 GT350 will be available beginning early next year.
      Source: Ford

‘Somewhere, Carroll Is Smiling;’ New 2019 Shelby GT350 Adds Tech From Mustang Road Course Racing And All-New Shelby GT500
      Upgraded 2019 Mustang Shelby GT350 improves on precision and balance all to deliver faster lap times and performance on-track and on the street 2019 Mustang Shelby GT350 performance enhancements include improved aerodynamics that reduce drag with the new spoiler and adds downforce with new available Gurney flap installed, new custom Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires, plus chassis and antilock brake tuning for dramatically greater grip Shelby GT350 benefits from Ford Performance Mustang road course racing experience and Shelby GT500 aerodynamic advancements, plus hundreds of hours of on-track and full vehicle simulations; Billy Johnson, Ford GT World Endurance driver, helped dial in final performance tuning DEARBORN, Mich., June 11, 2018 – To improve the new Ford Mustang Shelby® GT350 driver confidence and lap times, Ford Performance leveraged its Mustang road course racing programs and all-new upcoming Shelby® GT500, infusing GT350 with the very latest in track and street technology.
      “Somewhere, Carroll is smiling,” said Hermann Salenbauch, global director for Ford Performance vehicle programs. “The new Shelby GT350 is our ultimate track Mustang. We’ve stuck to Carroll Shelby’s original formula for winning championships and made our Shelby GT350 even better with the latest in race-proven aerodynamics, tire and chassis technology.”
      From F-150 Raptor to the Ford GT supercar, Ford Performance is creating authentic performance cars, trucks and utilities that deliver heart-pounding excitement for customers around the world.
      Next-level chassis technology and aerodynamics
      Building on a road course racing and track-focused legacy born in 1965, Ford Performance engineers and designers incorporated the latest advances in tire, aerodynamics and chassis technology into the 2019 Mustang Shelby GT350.
      Working exclusively with Michelin, the team also engineered new Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires with a Shelby GT350-specific tread pattern and different compound to deliver more grip for significantly improved acceleration and lateral acceleration, as well as braking. The 295/35 front and 305/35 rear tires are fitted to improved stiffness and optimize new 19-inch aluminum wheels.
      An all-new rear spoiler with optional Gurney flap and optimized grille closeout was designed and tuned with experience gained from wind tunnel development of the Ford Performance Mustang road course racing cars and upcoming Shelby GT500 model. Together, they deliver significant rear greater aerodynamic efficiency when equipped with the new optional Gurney flap on the rear spoiler, which will be available after launch.
      Upgrades to Mustang Shelby GT350’s standard MagneRide active suspension complement the aero and tire enhancements with recalibrated springs and revised damping to take full advantage of the improvements.
      Stopping power is provided by six-piston front and four-piston rear caliper Brembo™ brakes. For added control and improved driver feedback, Shelby GT350’s electric power-assist steering and three-mode electronic stability control settings feature enhancements taken from Ford Performance’s hundreds of hours of competitive track testing.
      Tuning with Billy Johnson in the driver’s seat
      Billy Johnson knows racing. As a driver for the FIA World Endurance Ford GT and IMSA Mustang GT4 programs, Johnson has broad expertise in what makes for a great driver’s car. He worked with Ford Performance to dial in the Shelby GT350 for 2019.
      Shelby GT350’s exclusive high-revving 5.2-liter V8 remains the most powerful naturally aspirated Ford production engine ever and the only one of its type in the segment – delivering 526 horsepower and 429 lb.-ft. of torque at a blistering 8,250-rpm redline. It’s mated to a track-proven and precise-shifting Tremec® 6-speed manual transmission.
      Johnson said the result of the new Mustang Shelby GT350’s aerodynamics tuning, revised brake calibration, and much greater downforce is a more balanced, higher-performing car on the straightaways and especially in the corners.
      “Along with improved grip, brake and chassis refinements, Shelby GT350 brings a whole new level of performance driving,” he said. “It’s a rewarding car to drive on track for amateurs and pros alike, while making the driver feel like a superhero. It’s confidence inspiring in corners and begs to be pushed harder and to take corners faster.”
      More craftsmanship, technology and style
      Inside, driver and passengers of the 2019 Mustang Shelby GT350 are treated to a comfortable, stylish and purpose-built cockpit boasting the latest in advanced technology and premium materials expected of a world-class sports car.  
      Fresh sporting cues include a standard machined aluminum instrument panel appliqué with an available exposed carbon fiber version, plus newly designed door panel inserts in dark slate Miko® suede with accent stitching. A wrapped center console offers rich world-class craftsmanship. Standard Recaro race seats with firm side bolstering and open pass-throughs for safety harnesses offer the highest level of performance, while new power-adjustable seating is available with Miko suede inserts for those looking for added comfort.
      A new high-performance, custom-tuned 12-speaker B&O PLAY audio system by HARMAN is now available for the 2019 Mustang Shelby GT350, controlled via the now standard 8-inch SYNC® 3 touch screen that features SiriusXM and FordPass™ Connect. Dual-zone electronic automatic temperature control is now standard, along with a universal garage door opener.
      New colors for the 2019 Mustang Shelby GT350 include Velocity Blue and for the first time, Ford Performance Blue. Optional factory-painted over-the-top racing stripes are available in high-gloss Shadow Black, Oxford White or Kona Blue. Mirror-mounted Shelby Cobra Projection Lamps come standard in the available Technology Package.
      The 2019 Mustang Shelby GT350 will be available starting in early 2019 and will be built at Flat Rock Assembly Plant in Flat Rock, Michigan. Enrollment in an exclusive, complimentary Track Attack driving program from Ford Performance is included with each vehicle.
  • My Clubs