Sign in to follow this  
William Maley

VW News: Rumorpile: Volkswagen I.D. Buzz Concept Appears To Be Given The Go Ahead

Volkswagen has been teasing us for a number of years with Microbus concepts that never seem to go anywhere. The latest one is the I.D. Buzz that debuted earlier this month at the Detroit Auto Show. But an insider says this concept will go into production.

Automotive News Europe spoke to a source at Volkswagen who said, "I know what you're going to ask and the answer is 2022. Diess wants it."

The second sentence in that quote is important. Diess refers to Herbert Diess, the brand chief for Volkswagen. According ANE, Diess is a big fan of the I.D. Buzz concept in part as the original bus "is a feel-good throwback to the days when VW stood for flower power, not toxic pollutants."

According to other sources, the production variant of the I.D Buzz will be very close to the concept, minus the retractable steering wheel.

Whether it actually goes into production or not remains to be seen.

Source: Automotive News Europe (Subscription Required)
Pic Credit: NewspressUSA

View full article

Cool, not a mini van person but still very cool! :metal: Will be a hit for the Pot head Crowd! :P Guess that covers much of Washington, Colorado, California! :roflmao: 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Today's Birthdays

1. gerardo
      gerardo
  • Similar Content

• By William Maley
      The idea of Porsche doing a 911 hybrid has come and gone, and it seems to be coming once again.
      Bloomberg has learned from sources at Porsche that they are considering a hybrid powertrain for their iconic sports car once again. If given the green light, it would appear a few years after the launch of the next-generation 911 (due sometime next year) and possibly offer up to 40 miles of electric-only range. A problem that engineers are working on is trying to cut down battery weight the handling characteristics the vehicle is known for.
      It should be noted the Porsche has been going back and forth on this idea since 2014. Back in May, Porsche's head of development for the 718 and 911 said plans for 911 plug-in hybrid were canceled last year due to weight concerns and not being able to make much a profit as they would with a standard 911.
      Source: Bloomberg
    • By William Maley
      The idea of Porsche doing a 911 hybrid has come and gone, and it seems to be coming once again.
      Bloomberg has learned from sources at Porsche that they are considering a hybrid powertrain for their iconic sports car once again. If given the green light, it would appear a few years after the launch of the next-generation 911 (due sometime next year) and possibly offer up to 40 miles of electric-only range. A problem that engineers are working on is trying to cut down battery weight the handling characteristics the vehicle is known for.
      It should be noted the Porsche has been going back and forth on this idea since 2014. Back in May, Porsche's head of development for the 718 and 911 said plans for 911 plug-in hybrid were canceled last year due to weight concerns and not being able to make much a profit as they would with a standard 911.
      Source: Bloomberg

View full article
    • By William Maley
      Bentley appears to have electric vehicles on the brain. Back in September, we reported that the luxury automaker decided to go forward on an electric coupe over a small SUV. It seems there are plans for another electric vehicle.
      According to a report from Automobile Magazine, Bentley will be working on its own version of the Porsche Mission E codenamed J1. The new model will use the Mission E architecture which is said to have three different power outputs - 402, 536, and 670 horsepower. But there is talk of Porsche working on a monster version producing 936 horsepower and coming with larger batteries. Expect a four-door coupe design and possibly wearing the name of Barnato.
      There is a wrinkle to this as Audi is said to be working on its own take on the J1 possibly named e-tron GT.
      Source: Automobile Magazine

View full article
  • My Clubs

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook