Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Pecking Order of the Jeep 4x4 systems?

David

Pecking Order of the Jeep 4x4 systems?

Thanks to Drew, I had overlooked the web page that Jeep has on their powertrain systems.

http://www.jeep.com/en/4x4/

Now that we have this great resource, I need some help in figuring out the pecking order of where things line up or are similar. Why you ask? Easy in the sense that my son who bought out of college his first new auto, a 2012 Jeep Patriot Latitude Trail rated edition is now ready to step up to a nicer auto and has decided to get a Jeep Grand Cherokee.

We have tested them and he pretty much has all the details hammered out except for one question he asked me. I have searched and searched various jeep forums and no one really has a good feeling for where the various 4x4 systems line up in comparison to other products.

So the question is as follows: 

Where does the Patriot Latitude Trail Rated system line up in comparison to the Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 system options? Is it between the the Quadra Drive II and Quadra Trac 1 system or below the Quadra Trac 1 system?

My son wants equal to what he already has and is not sure if he goes with the all black Jeep GC Altitude edition if he is moving up or down in the 4x4 department? If the system is above the Altitude Quadra Trac 1 system, then he will have to go with a higher trim level. He is trying to get as much as possible by staying in his chosen price range.

So anyone know how the Jeep 4x4 systems line up against each other, especially the trail rated program?

Interesting..no idea how the systems compare across model lines.  Looks like my GC has the Quadra-Trac II system (I don't have the air suspension).    I figure it will be fine for Ohio snows and occasionally grubbing around on the farm (dirt and gravel roads out there, and lots of mud). 

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

1 hour ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

Interesting..no idea how the systems compare across model lines.  Looks like my GC has the Quadra-Trac II system (I don't have the air suspension).    I figure it will be fine for Ohio snows and occasionally grubbing around on the farm (dirt and gravel roads out there, and lots of mud). 

Knowing  that I could buy an updated 4wd system right from the factory makes the idea of a Jeep much more interesting.