Interesting, Happy for their Truck and SUV sales but this also shows the current times we live in with car sales down big time and over all sales down.

Auto cost are crazy high.

40 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Interesting, Happy for their Truck and SUV sales but this also shows the current times we live in with car sales down big time and over all sales down.

Auto cost are crazy high.

Operational costs like insurance are also going through the roof,  Modern cars are very expensive to repair when damaged, and injury costs are very high also.  Couple that with a society that loves to sue, and we will see what happens.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Operational costs like insurance are also going through the roof,  Modern cars are very expensive to repair when damaged, and injury costs are very high also.  Couple that with a society that loves to sue, and we will see what happens.

Yup, Just another reason I am holding off on buying a new auto and enjoying my paid off auto's.

If I do anything, it will be a conversion of my 1994 suburban to AWD with in hub wheel motors. I so am hooked on this type of conversion after seeing what they did to an AMG wagon.

Check out the work they are doing on F150 AWD and the AMG line. I have to say the HP / Torque of the F150 is crazy!

http://www.proteanelectric.com/

Check out their video page

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVRVkmIAK5z2CSaowkZ1cg

F150_in_the_snow.mp4

Awesome Video of Proteans AWD F150 Conversion truck.

8 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Yup, Just another reason I am holding off on buying a new auto and enjoying my paid off auto's.

If I do anything, it will be a conversion of my 1994 suburban to AWD with in hub wheel motors. I so am hooked on this type of conversion after seeing what they did to an AMG wagon.

Check out the work they are doing on F150 AWD and the AMG line. I have to say the HP / Torque of the F150 is crazy!

http://www.proteanelectric.com/

Check out their video page

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVRVkmIAK5z2CSaowkZ1cg

F150_in_the_snow.mp4

Awesome Video of Proteans AWD F150 Conversion truck.

Sounds like with a few more vehicles you will need a full time mechanic and a fleet manager, along with a building to store everything in.

1 minute ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Sounds like with a few more vehicles you will need a full time mechanic and a fleet manager, along with a building to store everything in.

LOL, call it old age, but I am thinning the herd and simplifying my life. I think I will be happy with my 3 chosen auto's.

1994 GMC Suburban, currently CNG, considering conversion to pure AWD Electric.

2006 Escalade ESV Platinum edition

2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer SS AWD.

Wanted to get a bolt, but after driving it and the wife not liking the style of the dash, that is now on hold till they update the BOLT to a pure black dash or anything other than the funky White V they put on the dash that just shows dirt.

In regards to Ford, I have to wonder why Ford is not jumping on using in wheel Hub motors to offer a Pure F 150 EV. After all 430HP & 2,350 lb-ft of torque. Talk about bragging rights to an outstanding ability of a pure EV pickup.

19 minutes ago, dfelt said:

In regards to Ford, I have to wonder why Ford is not jumping on using in wheel Hub motors to offer a Pure F 150 EV. After all 430HP & 2,350 lb-ft of torque. Talk about bragging rights to an outstanding ability of a pure EV pickup.

Pure EV F150 will not sell well in areas where buyers have the intellectual curiosity of a bar of soap, which is most of the country where F150 sells.

Might do well in an urban market though...ford would do better with an EV ecosport or something.

Edited by A Horse With No Name

11 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Pure EV F150 will not sell well in areas where buyers have the intellectual curiosity of a bar of soap, which is most of the country where F150 sells.

Might do well in an urban market though...ford would do better with an EV ecosport or something.

My thought is that many state, county and city gov's are wanting a EV pickup that can haul and tow short distances. This would be a perfect market for them as well as GM who ever gets there first and then you would have the public seeing these silent strong machines getting daily work done.

Your right that in the mid west, this would be a hard sell, but I think the east and west coast would buy it up. Not a hybrid as GM has tried but a pure EV.

Hey there, we noticed you're using an ad-blocker. We're a small site that is supported by ads or subscriptions. We rely on these to pay for server costs and vehicle reviews.  Please consider whitelisting us in your ad-blocker, or if you really like what you see, you can pick up one of our subscriptions for just $1.75 a month or $15 a year. It may not seem like a lot, but it goes a long way to help support real, honest content, that isn't generated by an AI bot.

See you out there.

Drew
Editor-in-Chief

Write what you are looking for and press enter or click the search icon to begin your search

Change privacy settings