Ultimate Dream Garage: 24HR LeMans Winners Edition

So, with this past weekend being the true greatest spectacle in motorsports- the 24hrs of LeMans- I thought it could make for a good UDG thread.

Rules-

1) Maximum of 5 cars.

2) Cars can be from any era/year.

3) Cars MUST be OVERALL winners to be eligible.

4) Your selection MUST also be the ACTUAL RACE WINNING CAR. Not a different car of the same make/mfr because you like that team/livery/etc better. In other words, down to the exact number and driver combo. 

* I will do a separate thread for non-race winning cars, so don't get hung up over that one.

2 hours ago, Frisky Dingo said:

So, with this past weekend being the true greatest spectacle in motorsports- the 24hrs of LeMans- I thought it could make for a good UDG thread.

Rules-

1) Maximum of 5 cars.

2) Cars can be from any era/year.

3) Cars MUST be OVERALL winners to be eligible.

4) Your selection MUST also be the ACTUAL RACE WINNING CAR. Not a different car of the same make/mfr because you like that team/livery/etc better. In other words, down to the exact number and driver combo. 

* I will do a separate thread for non-race winning cars, so don't get hung up over that one.

I will do this tonight when I have a chance to think about this one..

I hate to do so many is such a short range, but the 90's through mid-2000's was by far my favorite era of sports car racing. It was when I discovered endurance racing, and it was before today's format of enclosed cars with hybrid systems and whatnot. There was a much more direct link to road cars back then, and I miss that.

1970- Porsche KG Salzburg 917K

9183433335_02fc5e85cd_b.jpg

1987 (my birth year)- Rothmans Porsche 962C

image21.jpg

1998- Porsche AG 911 GT1-98

DSC_66461.jpg

1999- BMW Motorsport V12 LMR

bmw_v12_lmr___1999_le_mans_winner_by_ult

2000- Audi Sport Team Joest R8

audi-r8.png

I will match your Audi with the 2011 Audi R18 TDI overall winner.

image.png

I will give you the 1987 Porsche as I love the 962...for choice #2....

My birth year is 1965 not 1987, but we will go with the Ferrari from 1965, a 250 LM

image.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1965_24_Hours_of_Le_Mans

I have always liked the Jag D type, 1955 Winner:

image.png

Shown as a slot car just for fun...

1939 Bugatti 57 for my final choice...the Tank...

image.png

Thanks for this thread, it was a lot of fun!