440 Mile Cascade Loop Scenic Byway is the First fully Electrified highway of the Top 10 Drives in the Country!

G. David Felt - Staff Writer Alternative Energy - www.cheersandgears.com

440 Mile Cascade Loop Scenic Byway is the First fully Electrified highway of the Top 10 Drives in the Country!

Thanks to businesses and home owners the 440 mile Cascade Loop Scenic Byway is fully electrified from the south end of Whidbey Island up and over Deception pass, east to Liberty bell pass, down to Winthrop, over to Wenatchee and back over Highway 2, Stevens Pass to Everett.

the-cascade-loop1.jpg

LibertyBellPass.jpg

This expansion of the Electric highway continues to open up this beautiful country to everyone especially those that want to minimize their carbon footprint.

Cascade Loop Story & Video

West Coast Electric Highway

This is how it starts.

Gas stations were sparse when the horseless carriage was upon humanity. The highway system was all but a futuristic dream too during this time.

By the time Route 66 came around, gas stations were springing up slowly slowly and along the way, motels and diners and all kinds of wonderful family owned businesses flourished along that route.

Then the highway system got built, then roadside gasoline stations with McDonald were sprouting like mushroom and route 66 is just a ghost of a route that only in the last 15 years has regained popularity to due nostalgia.

In the ancient times....it took millennia to establish the trade routes we have today.

"All roads lead to Rome"  but before that..."Rome was not built in a day" are two expressions that I think are relevant in my little speech just now. :soapbox:

• Thanks 1

Wonderful!  Good news for a change....

43 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

This is how it starts.

Gas stations were sparse when the horseless carriage was upon humanity. The highway system was all but a futuristic dream too during this time.

By the time Route 66 came around, gas stations were springing up slowly slowly and along the way, motels and diners and all kinds of wonderful family owned businesses flourished along that route.

Then the highway system got built, then roadside gasoline stations with McDonald were sprouting like mushroom and route 66 is just a ghost of a route that only in the last 15 years has regained popularity to due nostalgia.

In the ancient times....it took millennia to establish the trade routes we have today.

"All roads lead to Rome"  but before that..."Rome was not built in a day" are two expressions that I think are relevant in my little speech just now. :soapbox:

...and the Romans got a lot from the Greeks...educated Greek slaves taught the children of wealthy Roman citizens...ensuring the best parts of Greek culture also became part of Roman culture.

So in the end all roads lead to Athens...

...and were it Athens Ohio there are a lot of good driving roads nearby...i need a Tesla roadster and a Miata roadster as garage mates...life is too short...

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

...and the Romans got a lot from the Greeks...educated Greek slaves taught the children of wealthy Roman citizens...ensuring the best parts of Greek culture also became part of Roman culture.

So in the end all roads lead to Athens...

There was an Ancient Greek philosopher (I forget which one) who once said:

"Greece is at the center of the world, Athens is at the center of Greece and the Parthenon is at the center of Athens"

So yeah...you and other Athenians past and present at least agree on one thing...:D

(Its said that Athenians are pompous egotistical show offs)

I must admit though....I am immensely proud to be Greek.

And although my ancestors are not Athenians nor from the Attica region or Central Greece, they did come from a Province that was loyal to Athens more so than the other city-states...so Ill casually flaunt Athenian (and Greek) pride from time to time!

7 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

...and were it Athens Ohio there are a lot of good driving roads nearby...i need a Tesla roadster and a Miata roadster as garage mates...life is too short...

Yes....life is too short.

A Tesla and Miata roadster shall be in your near future.

The Oracle of Delphi, Indiana told me so.

Percy Jackson led me to the temple.

Edited by oldshurst442