Tow Hitch Advice

Need some tow hitch advice: I want to put a motorcycle carrier on the back of an Avalanche. The carrier is rated for a 600 lb bike and weighs 97 pounds itself.

One of these: http://amzn.to/2x1Hkc0

The bike I want to put on there is 485 fully fueled for a total weight of 582 after adding the carrier.

I know much is made about tongue weight when towing, but I'm not really towing in this case, it's really just a platform with a bike riding on it. Can I put this setup on an Avalanche with a 500 lbs max tongue weight? The max tongue weight with a weight distributing hitch (which is not possible in this scenario) is at least 800lbs depending on setup, so the metal can take it.  A Class III hitch receiver is supposed to be rated to a 600 lb max tongue weight. 

Something else makes me think this is just GM being stupid. The Escalade EXT and Suburban are rated at 600 lbs... and I doubt they use different receiver hardware between those two  and the Avalanche. 

I'm just 85lbs over the official GM rating...... thoughts?

tagging @balthazar and @ocnblu

13 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

motorcycle carrier on the back of an Avalanche.

I am not sure about a motorcycle carrier on the back of an Avalanche. But there was a wacky British idea during WW2 to put an aircraft carrier on an iceberg...

http://99percentinvisible.org/article/project-habbakuk-britains-secret-ice-bergship-aircraft-carrier-project/

world-war-ii-secret-weapons-4-638.jpg?cb

42 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Pffft- GM under rates their capacities. You are so close to the rating I wouldn't think twice about it.

How far of a trip are you taking?

This would be for long distance trips. Pittsburgh to Miami and back or Pittsburgh to Denver and back.  I use(d) the Avalanche as a camper with an air mattress in the back and would sleep with my feet in the bed area and my head in the cab with the midgate down.