Sign in to follow this  
regfootball

G6 GTP spotting

8 posts in this topic

regfootball    234

I've seen this car on the lots....but tonight I think was the first time I saw one live on the drive. I parked next to it at the Target. It was sharp! RED. Manual transmission. Tan/Black interior. High polished wheels and panorama sunroof.

Love that car. Now I wonder why I didn't look harder at getting one. I think its just a hair smaller than what I want and honesly I think the car is a bit narrow. Oh, and the pushrod thing.

Anyways, in red, a very sexy car. The big wheels do everything for the look. I was impressed someone bought a stick version.

Edited by regfootball

cavalier36    7

I have a 2006 G6 GT, I abolutely love it.. I would put it up against an Accord, Camry, Altima or Fusion anyday.. alot better than my previous car a 2004 Cavalier.. in fact they dont even compare..

CSpec    515

Just read in Autoweek that the 2007 G6 GTP will get a new 252 HP 3.6 V6 as well as a 6-speed.  Is this the same combo offered in the Aura?

The G6 powertrain lineup is really confusing. The GTP is now just the coupe and sedan, and if you get it with an auto it's the 3.6 and 6-speed combo. However, if you get it with the 6-speed manual, you still get the 3900.

regfootball    234

The G6 powertrain lineup is really confusing. The GTP is now just the coupe and sedan, and if you get it with an auto it's the 3.6 and 6-speed combo. However, if you get it with the 6-speed manual, you still get the 3900.

don't get me going on that.....

Hell yeah. Those dual pipes add alot of visual flare to it also, but the whole 3.9 for the stick and 3.6 for the auto....vgbbiouajorwdvnboiudiorvohiaewvoiavhoivaeiop!! WTF GM!!!!!

mightymouse    1

It has to do with warranty issues and people melting clutches...

if everyone drove them properly, they would offer that combo.

Some people should not be allowed to shift! that won't happen either

MyerShift    7

Won't people destroy clutches with the 3900 or a 3.6L?

I still think that such a powertrain combination is odd.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this