Site update a bit confusing

Not sure if I am overlooking this or not, while I like the way posts now show up in this new updated version, I do have a challenge in getting to the Forum list of threads as from the home page I do not find where to go to get the forum list. The minimalist tool bar at the top has gotten too minimalist.

This is what I see:

image.png

image.png

image.png

Getting to this page I was lucky as I typed in /forums after the www.cheersandgears.com address in my browser.

What I see with the new theme is More->Community->Forums to get to the forum list.  Oddly, if I come in fresh that navigation doesn't seem to work (clicking on Forums had no response).   Only after I've clicked on an article does it work. 

My usual navigation though is to come in, click on Unread Content (or specific items in Social Stream). 

4 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

@dfelt how about now

Awesome, what ever you did seems to have fixed the toolbar at the top and I can get around pretty much normal. I do notice that the notifications for new posts shows up, but when I click on the bell, they all look the same. Before the new posts were bold but not anymore.

The rest of the site seems to be working much better than when I posted last night.

THANK YOU!!! You ROCK!!!! :metal:

Weird, but since I posted this 40 min ago, I just got my first notification and now it is bolded and appears to be working fine. Weird. 🤷‍♂️

36 minutes ago, Potluck said:

site update looks fine to me. probably just user error

We have actually had some very bad patches from the Forum software company and a few other corruption issues. More than just user error

11 minutes ago, dfelt said:

We have actually had some very bad patches from the Forum software company and a few other corruption issues. More than just user error

To be more clear:

1. The upgrade to the new version went fine.
2. The theme (which is separate from the forum software) got corrupted before the software upgrade.
3. The upgrade required a new theme and the one I originally picked didn't work out well, so we're back on the default. (This is where I think @dfelt was experiencing issues)

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

To be more clear:

1. The upgrade to the new version went fine.
2. The theme (which is separate from the forum software) got corrupted before the software upgrade.
3. The upgrade required a new theme and the one I originally picked didn't work out well, so we're back on the default. (This is where I think @dfelt was experiencing issues)

Much appreciate the clarity. Thank you.