Future Vehicle

All right, currently I have a 2001 Chevrolet Impala LS 9C1 sedan. 3.8L 231cid 90* Buick V6, 4T65E transmission. 115,720 miles on the odometer. Oil changed every 3500 miles (give or take 20miles), transmission fluid changed at 100,000 along with coolant flush and refill. Full tune-up (plugs, wires, oil, trans fluid, coolant, hoses, pcv valve, etc) performed at 105,000 miles. Brakes replaced all the way around by 80,000 miles, front rotors turned at that time. Replaced front wheel hub assemblies at 109,000 miles (although I have to yank the driver's one out again due to a bad ABS wheel speed sensor). Front end aligned at 85,000. Struts never replaced, although that's the next project along with both Oxygen Sensors. Car runs great, gets excellent gas mileage (averaged 34 mpg on the way to Pensacola this weekend), looks pretty good (if you can forgive the running crack in in the windshield and hail dings). I still owe about 9-grand on the car (don't ask, I got screwed into it after totalling my 99 GA SE2 coupe), but I'm looking forward to trading it in in the near future.

I'm looking at really only two vehicles to replace it with, a crew cab Silverado/Sierra, or a Trailblazer (for some reason the Envoy just doesn't look as good). I don't really have many requirements, color and options package doesn't really matter to me. If its one of the trucks I'd prefer it with the V8, or the DuraMax/Allison combo; if its the T/B the I6 is the perferred powerplant. My only other requirements are that there is enough room for my wife and our upcoming rug rat and that it has a cd player. Payment-wise, I'm looking at probably no more than my current payment on the Impala (about 260 a month), but I know that I could handle up to about 280 if necessary.

Anyone got good suggestions, or ideas?

equinox SS duuuh

hah no really the equinox is great and i like it better than the envoy unless you want to get the envoy denali or envoy extended with the V8 go with the equinox or equniox SS when it comes out its a great vehicle

I have seriously thought about an Av, and I don't, repeat DO NOT wanta minivan (the wife wants one, or a Magnum, but I damn sure don't). And yes, I know that the DuraMax's fuel filter is huge, I sell at least one a day (I work at CarQuest Auto Parts...so yeah, i know how big some parts are). I really wouldn't mind the diesel option on a truck simply becuase I know that the Duramax is a reliable oil-burner. I also plan on doing some towing with the vehicle, so that pretty well ousts any choices from the minivan and cross-over market. And I can't have a Tahoe or Suburban (according to the dear wife who is currently standing over my shoulder).

How about an Uplander? Minivans are generally roomier, easier on gas, and more carlike to drive than SUVs.

Heck no..Uppies are Junk.

I watched one catch fire at the dealership while I was getting an oil change...

Nuff said.

Go TB-and lease-there should be some good deals sooner or later....

I've seen TBs going for 169 a month with not much down....

go for the Isuzu ASS ENDER or the 9-7x, just to be different. Bet you could find a smokin Ranier deal. Maybe even a new Bravada still somewhere.

I'm not joking about the ASSENDER. they have a larger standard warranty and the dealers are desperate to sell em.

Edited by regfootball

Good point reg, only one problem, not an Izusu dealer anywhere close (closest one is about an hour away and I don't really want to drive that darned far for a ride). And I've seen some of the deals on the TB, and I've test driven one, and I like it, but right now I've got too much negative equity built up in my Impala at current time, therefore, I can't really get the vehicle in the next week, or even month right now. But I am definitely looking.