New Harbour Report

At least the japanese companies finally decided to include ALL their plants.

Nissan did not include thier factory in Mexico, wonder why? Just like they didn't include their new Canton plant for its first two years of operations probably because of all the problems they were having there. Wouldn't it be nice if GM could leave a few of the underperforming plants off the list in order to improve their score.

Oh this whole thread is fast becoming pointless as is typical around here. Compare the data that is available. That is all you can do.

As for the posters that want to compare what is and what is not American.

Get over it already.

Waving the flag is not helping GM's sales.

Must I point out again, GM's sales are down 16% year over year, last month.

The public does not care.

are these year over year percents results of the "fleet"sales? i noticed the toyota sales figures include the fleet sales, too as most tend to include them. GM still outsells with the most overall volume but the drop in overall sales seems to me as a result of selling less fleet vehicles. granted the camry sold 40,000 and the accord was close to that number but other than that everything else seems to be fair game. i think the point of the nh reports reflects a perfection that is somewhat suspect. yes sales are down and perceived quality is a head scratcher but if everyone wants to paint a picture they should be using the same paint.

if nobody truly cared gm sales would already be irrelevant. signs of a trend? perhaps. but one segment doesnt necessarily make you a leader. if we wanted to only look at suv, trucks, and all 4x4 sales where would that leave toyota and honda?

the plan from the best i can tell is to turn a profit and sell cars. ingenious, i know.

if it means selling less cars then you used to but make more money, increase resale value, and improve quality and perception(items such as the new harbour reprt) then it becomes a little more tricky. down the road this should make more sense but still, can anyone clarify for me if these lower percents are a result of a reduction fleet sales?