May 2021 Auto Spotting Channel

Post your May auto spotting here!

Ran an errand to Costco and saw this classic auto!20210426_134304.jpg

• Upvote 1

Getting groceries this first weekend of May, I decided that the funkiness of this Oldsmobile grille might be suitable for a spotting post. 

Historically known for more elaborate grilles, this grille, with what look like two small semicircular air scoops, was featured on some full-size 88s (the jelly bean greenhouse ones, and this one had alloy wheels, too).  This design vocabulary also found its way onto the grilles of an Olds Bravada or two.

KIMG9823.thumb.JPG.c15cda504e0a1db53ea52de3c490d410.JPG

I always notice it because these vehicles aren't too common, and neither are Oldsmobiles that look like this.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, trinacriabob said:

Getting groceries this first weekend of May, I decided that the funkiness of this Oldsmobile grille might be suitable for a spotting post. 

Historically known for more elaborate grilles, this grille, with what look like two small semicircular air scoops, was featured on some full-size 88s (the jelly bean greenhouse ones, and this one had alloy wheels, too).  This design vocabulary also found its way onto the grilles of an Olds Bravada or two.

KIMG9823.thumb.JPG.c15cda504e0a1db53ea52de3c490d410.JPG

I always notice it because these vehicles aren't too common, and neither are Oldsmobiles that look like this.

There is a silver 88 with this front parked in a driveway down the street...hasn't moved in a while, has a flat tire.

Saw a very sharp gold/bronze '71 Riviera this afternoon, also saw a dark blue previous generation Ram 1500 4x4 pickup---short bed w/ regular cab---didn't realize they made that configuration in recent years...looked stubby.