Damnit!

Nick

So, yesterday my family and friends decided to get together, pack a whole bunch of $h!, and go to the beach for father's day. They left early in the morning...like 10:30 or so...I said f@#k that noise and slept in till around noon-ish...I decided I'd just meet them at the beach.

It's time to leave and right now my car is kind of out of commission for the moment...nothing serious, just doing a couple things, so I couldn't drive it, so my sister let me drive her car. So everything is all good. I get down to the beach, and you can either park in the lot for $7 bucks, or park on the side of PCH for free. I didn't have any cash on me, so I went driving up and down the coast in the general area of where everybody else was located and I eventually found this small spot in what was just a line of cars up and down the beach (it's usually pretty hard to find parking on the street, especially on a very crowded day like today). So I parallel parked my way in, and that was that...it was a bit of a walk form where I was parked to where everybody else was, but no big deal.

So, it's time to leave. My buddy decides to ride back with me...We were walking up and down PCH around Zuma for a good hour or so and I was starting to get pissed and worried. We couldn't find the car, and to make matters worse, my family wasn't answering their phones. I figured the car was stolen, or it was towed. I couldn't understand why it would be towed though because I remember specifically looking for signs that said where to park, that, and I also couldn't imagine all those cars that were around me were parked illegaly as well.

I called up 411 and had them direct me to the parking enforcement. They said if my car was towed it would be at Malibu HS. Right after I got off the phone the tow truck driver pulls up and asks if I was missing a car, then he proceeded to take my friend and I to the lot. I guess we were the last guys to pic up the car...there was another guy in front of us finishing up getting his car back...apparently the guy towed over 20 cars from that general area that day, and my sister's car was the last one he got...great... :rolleyes:

$149 bucks later and I'm out. And to top it all off, a ticket for $50 bucks for not following the signs, and then another $30 for a missing front plate. :banghead:

Though, the ticket isn't a big deal...I can get that taken care of...I know I wasn't parked in a no parking zone, but I can't fight it...it's my word against theirs, and they already have their f@#king money, so they couldn't care less what I have to say...

I got sunburned as well... :(

f@#k me...

*cliffs*

Slept in and met family at the beach in my sister's car...Parked in the street in what I understood to be a legal parking zone and at the end of the day, I found no car. Car got towed, $149 bucks later, plus additional ticket for parking infraction and no front plate, plus sunburn equals a fantastic end to the day.

Awww, sorry to hear that Nick. Good thing the car wasn't stolen though. Following signs in the city can be a royal bitch--I should take a picture of some of them sometime. There are even signs reminding you to not honk your horn--you know, cause NYC is already so quiet. :rolleyes:

I used to get tickets all the time when I went to Hofstra University--they decided during finals week to pave their main parking lot and ALL areas around the university are "no parking" zones--except for the one I parked at--which was no parking after 10AM. Needless to say, I got there at 10:01 (no joke 1 minute late--and to think, if I just didn't go over my entire French final, this wouldn't have happened), and the officer was already writing out my ticket and wouldn't stop it.

Sunburnt? They say camera flashes have some healing properties to them. :P

:lol::lol:

Man, this sucks.

Just called the girl I'm seeing (not sure if I'd call her "girlfriend" yet)...

anyways, today is my birthday, and she had promised me naughty things. I've only known her for 2 weeks but it is going really well. Here I thought that asians were shy, she was raised in China and everything, and asks to play strip poker on the 3rd date :thumbsup:

So... I call her up today and she is not feeling well. She says she will see me tomorrow and "make up for it". So at least that's good to hear, but my birthday is still gonna suck...

Exactly.

Not sure if this is as applicable for you, ocn...

There's just something about taking an 'innocent' girl and making her say dirty things.

:)

We've talked about things youre definately NOT supposed to talk about in the first two weeks of dating - serious $h!.

I've never bonded with someone so quickly before. Sitting here talking about her has already made me feel less upset about tonight. I REALLY hope this works out.

...and that her version of 'making it up to me' sucks. In the right way.

Exactly.

Not sure if this is as applicable for you, ocn...

There's just something about taking an 'innocent' girl and making her say dirty things.

:)

We've talked about things youre definately NOT supposed to talk about in the first two weeks of dating - serious $h!.

I've never bonded with someone so quickly before. Sitting here talking about her has already made me feel less upset about tonight. I REALLY hope this works out.

...and that her version of 'making it up to me' sucks. In the right way.

Hehehehehe, sorry bout your day Nick. I bolded that line dart becuase it's a VERY true statement :ohyeah: