Jump to content
  • William Maley
    William Maley

    Teased! 2017 Honda Ridgeline

    Sign in to follow this  

      Honda Reveals What They'll Be Showing At Detroit


    Honda's showing for the upcoming Detroit Auto Show will be the 2017 Ridgeline pickup and today, the automaker released a teaser shot. Our first thought when we saw the picture was: Yep, that's a truck.

     

    Ok, maybe we are being somewhat snarky here. But it looks likes Honda is going for more of a truck shape than the previous Ridgeline.

     

    "Ridgeline will deliver everything you'd expect in a Honda from incredible packaging and fuel-efficiency to top safety technologies and innovative, segment-first features," said Jeff Conrad, senior vice president and general manager of the Honda Division.

     

    We'll have more details when the Ridgeline debuts on January 11th.

     

    Source: Honda

     

    Press Release is on Page 2


     

    Honda Accelerates Sweeping Light Truck Makeover with New Ridgeline Pickup Set for Global Debut at the 2016 North American International Auto Show

     

    Dec 18, 2015 - TORRANCE, Calif
    Honda will challenge conventional thinking in the midsize pickup segment with the return of the Honda Ridgeline truck, set to make its world debut at the 2016 North American International Auto Show in Detroit on Monday, January 11 at 1:15 p.m. EST. Designed, developed and manufactured in America, the all-new Ridgeline is the fourth new or significantly refreshed light truck model introduced by Honda in the past 18 months and will hit roads nationwide in the first half of next year.

     

    "We developed this new Honda Ridgeline to offer something new and fundamentally better suited to the way many buyers use their truck," said Jeff Conrad, senior vice president and general manager of the Honda Division. "Ridgeline will deliver everything you'd expect in a Honda from incredible packaging and fuel-efficiency to top safety technologies and innovative, segment-first features. We're honored to once again debut the Ridgeline in Detroit at the North American International Auto Show."

     

    Honda began the complete remake of its light-truck lineup in the fall of 2014 with the freshened 2015 Honda CR-V, America's best selling SUV. Earlier this year, Honda launched the all-new HR-V crossover, gateway to the Honda truck lineup, and the third generation of its popular Pilot three-row SUV. In 2016, Honda will continue the strengthening of its light-truck family of vehicles with the new Ridgeline and a fully redesigned Odyssey minivan.

     

    Calendar year 2015 sales of Honda light trucks are up 11.8 percent to 599,507 vehicles through the end of November and are on track to set a new all-time sales record for the brand, beating the previous best of 602,123 units in 2006.

     

    Like the first generation Ridgeline, which also debuted at NAIAS in 2005, the all-new Ridgeline was designed and developed by Honda R&D Americas, Inc., in its Torrance, California design studio and Raymond, Ohio, research and development center. The Ridgeline and its engine will be producedi by Honda Manufacturing of Alabama, Inc., in Lincoln, Alabama.

    Sign in to follow this  


    User Feedback

    Recommended Comments

     

    I want my Avalanche....

     

    Why did GM kill the Avalanche and ditch QuadraSteer on GMC trucks?

     

     

    Low take rate on the Quadrasteer...

     

    The avalanche? Because they're idiots.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites


    Join the conversation

    You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
    Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

    Guest
    Add a comment...

    ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • Similar Content

    • By William Maley
      The coronavirus has caused a number of auto shows to either be pushed back (New York) or cancelled (Geneva). Add another show to the list as the Detroit Free Press is reporting tonight at the Detroit Auto Show has been cancelled.
      In a memo that was sent to sponsors today, organizers of the show said that the TCF Center (formally known as Cobo Hall) has been designated as field hospital by Federal Emergency Management Administration [FEMA] for the next six months.
      "The health and welfare of the citizens of Detroit and Michigan is paramount. TCF Center is the ideal location for this important function at this critical and unprecedented time,” NAIAS executive director Rod Albert wrote in the memo obtained by the Free Press.
      The news was confirmed by ABC affiliate WXYZ after speaking with the chair of the 2020 show, Doug North.
      "The North American International Auto Show is officially canceled. TCF is working with FEMA to use the center to deal with the COVID-19 outbreak," said North.
      Ford and General Motors also confirmed the cancellation to The Detroit News.
      Michigan is becoming one of the hardest hit states with COVID-19. State officials announced today that there are 4,650 confirmed cases and 111 deaths linked to COVID-19. Wayne County, where the show takes place has the highest numbers of the state - 2,316 confirmed cases and 46 deaths.
      This was going to be a big year for the Detroit Auto Show with the move to the summer. Plans included rides and drives; an off-road course, and demonstration of autonomous vehicles.
      Source: Detroit Free Press, The Detroit News, WXYZ

      View full article
    • By William Maley
      The coronavirus has caused a number of auto shows to either be pushed back (New York) or cancelled (Geneva). Add another show to the list as the Detroit Free Press is reporting tonight at the Detroit Auto Show has been cancelled.
      In a memo that was sent to sponsors today, organizers of the show said that the TCF Center (formally known as Cobo Hall) has been designated as field hospital by Federal Emergency Management Administration [FEMA] for the next six months.
      "The health and welfare of the citizens of Detroit and Michigan is paramount. TCF Center is the ideal location for this important function at this critical and unprecedented time,” NAIAS executive director Rod Albert wrote in the memo obtained by the Free Press.
      The news was confirmed by ABC affiliate WXYZ after speaking with the chair of the 2020 show, Doug North.
      "The North American International Auto Show is officially canceled. TCF is working with FEMA to use the center to deal with the COVID-19 outbreak," said North.
      Ford and General Motors also confirmed the cancellation to The Detroit News.
      Michigan is becoming one of the hardest hit states with COVID-19. State officials announced today that there are 4,650 confirmed cases and 111 deaths linked to COVID-19. Wayne County, where the show takes place has the highest numbers of the state - 2,316 confirmed cases and 46 deaths.
      This was going to be a big year for the Detroit Auto Show with the move to the summer. Plans included rides and drives; an off-road course, and demonstration of autonomous vehicles.
      Source: Detroit Free Press, The Detroit News, WXYZ
    • By William Maley
      The rumors that have been swirling around for the past year have been laid to rest this morning. General Motors announced that Hummer will be returning as GMC-branded electric pickup truck boasting 1,000 horsepower and 11,500 lb-ft of torque. 0-60 mph will take three seconds. Those hoping for details about battery capacity, charging, and price will need to keep waiting until May 20th when GMC will officially show off the truck. Before then, GMC will preview the truck in a thirty second ad during the Super Bowl on Sunday.
      “GMC builds premium and capable trucks and SUVs and the GMC HUMMER EV takes this to new heights. We are excited to debut our revolutionary zero-emissions truck during the biggest night in TV advertising," said Duncan Aldred, vice president of Global Buick and GMC in a statement.
      Production will take place at GM's Detroit-Hamtramck plant, with sales beginning next fall.
      Source: GMC
      GMC HUMMER EV Pairs Incredible Capability, Zero Emissions
      “Quiet Revolution” campaign telegraphs GMC’s future with its first all-electric truck DETROIT – GMC will introduce the GMC HUMMER EV, bringing bold design and remarkable capability to the electrified vehicle space, during this weekend’s big game, in an ad titled “Quiet Revolution.”
      The spot juxtaposes the staggering anticipated performance metrics of GMC’s first all-electric truck with the remarkable quietness inherent in the operation of an electric vehicle.
      The GMC HUMMER EV truck will showcase the GMC brand’s design and engineering potential, and will feature:
      1,000 horsepower 11,500 lb-ft of torque 0 to 60 mph in 3 seconds “GMC builds premium and capable trucks and SUVs and the GMC HUMMER EV takes this to new heights,” said Duncan Aldred, vice president of Global Buick and GMC. “We are excited to debut our revolutionary zero-emissions truck during the biggest night in TV advertising.”
      The GMC HUMMER EV will be revealed on May 20, 2020 and built in Michigan at General Motors’ Detroit-Hamtramck assembly plant.
      The 30-second TV spot is scheduled to air during the second quarter of the big game. The spot highlights the anticipated performance of GMC’s all-electric super truck, which will generate remarkable metrics in terms of horsepower, torque and acceleration while providing incredible on- and off-road capability. All of this is combined with the vastly reduced noise and zero emissions inherent in the operation of an electric vehicle.
      As part of the digital and social media marketing push surrounding the big game ad, GMC will take over the YouTube homepage masthead on Friday, Jan. 31. Customers can follow the conversation at #GMCHummerEV.

      View full article
    • By William Maley
      The rumors that have been swirling around for the past year have been laid to rest this morning. General Motors announced that Hummer will be returning as GMC-branded electric pickup truck boasting 1,000 horsepower and 11,500 lb-ft of torque. 0-60 mph will take three seconds. Those hoping for details about battery capacity, charging, and price will need to keep waiting until May 20th when GMC will officially show off the truck. Before then, GMC will preview the truck in a thirty second ad during the Super Bowl on Sunday.
      “GMC builds premium and capable trucks and SUVs and the GMC HUMMER EV takes this to new heights. We are excited to debut our revolutionary zero-emissions truck during the biggest night in TV advertising," said Duncan Aldred, vice president of Global Buick and GMC in a statement.
      Production will take place at GM's Detroit-Hamtramck plant, with sales beginning next fall.
      Source: GMC
      GMC HUMMER EV Pairs Incredible Capability, Zero Emissions
      “Quiet Revolution” campaign telegraphs GMC’s future with its first all-electric truck DETROIT – GMC will introduce the GMC HUMMER EV, bringing bold design and remarkable capability to the electrified vehicle space, during this weekend’s big game, in an ad titled “Quiet Revolution.”
      The spot juxtaposes the staggering anticipated performance metrics of GMC’s first all-electric truck with the remarkable quietness inherent in the operation of an electric vehicle.
      The GMC HUMMER EV truck will showcase the GMC brand’s design and engineering potential, and will feature:
      1,000 horsepower 11,500 lb-ft of torque 0 to 60 mph in 3 seconds “GMC builds premium and capable trucks and SUVs and the GMC HUMMER EV takes this to new heights,” said Duncan Aldred, vice president of Global Buick and GMC. “We are excited to debut our revolutionary zero-emissions truck during the biggest night in TV advertising.”
      The GMC HUMMER EV will be revealed on May 20, 2020 and built in Michigan at General Motors’ Detroit-Hamtramck assembly plant.
      The 30-second TV spot is scheduled to air during the second quarter of the big game. The spot highlights the anticipated performance of GMC’s all-electric super truck, which will generate remarkable metrics in terms of horsepower, torque and acceleration while providing incredible on- and off-road capability. All of this is combined with the vastly reduced noise and zero emissions inherent in the operation of an electric vehicle.
      As part of the digital and social media marketing push surrounding the big game ad, GMC will take over the YouTube homepage masthead on Friday, Jan. 31. Customers can follow the conversation at #GMCHummerEV.
    • By Drew Dowdell
      Infiniti today released a teaser image of its upcoming QX55 crossover coupe. The QX55 is largely expected to be based on the Infiniti QX50, meaning a front-wheel drive or all-wheel drive based crossover sporting a variable compression 2.0 liter turbocharged engine and a CVT.  The VC Turbo produces 268 horsepower and 280 lb.-ft of torque.  The base QX50 starts at $37,250, so expect a QX55 to be slightly more money.
      Infiniti will launch the car in 2020, but they say more details will come before then. 

      View full article
  • Posts

  • Social Stream

  • Today's Birthdays

    1. HoLottaBuicks
      HoLottaBuicks
      (40 years old)
  • Who's Online (See full list)

  • My Clubs

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook

×
×
  • Create New...