Create New...
    G. David Felt

Honda SUV e:prototype Reveal at Auto Shanghai 2021 Plus More

Auto Shanghai 2021 was Honda's world premiere of their first BEV, the Honda SUV e:prototype near production ready. The first of 10 BEVs by 2025 for the China market not including PHEVs.

Honda showed off their first of 10 up coming BEVs, the Honda SUV e:prototype which is scheduled to go on sale spring 2022 as the first Honda-brand EV in China. Interesting is that Honda has kept very quiet about their Global plans for EV's or even PHEVs. Honda which has not in the past had much R&D into BEVs signed a contract with GM to use their BEV platform for EVs and one could make the assumption that this is based on the same platform as the Chevrolet Bolt and Bolt EUV auto. Honda has also stated that they will use the Ultium platform of batteries and motors in future auto's also.

image.png

If this Honda SUV e-prototype is based on the Chevrolet Bolt platform, it is a striking image.

image.png

Honda also then premiered their Breeze PHEV as their first ever plug-in hybrid model. This auto is based on Honda's original hybrid system that has been sold in Europe as well as the North America market. The Breeze will go on sale in China in the second half of 2021.

image.png

Honda has stated that their third generation of Honda CONNECT will be available in the Breeze and all new products coming out in China this year and moving forward. All Honda brand auto's will have advanced driver-assistive systems and over-the-air updates, wireless delivery of software updates.

Honda Global | April 19 , 2021 "Honda Exhibits the World Premiere of the “Honda SUV e:prototype” at Auto Shanghai 2021"

1 hour ago, balthazar said:

How so?

It is actually a better streamlined look than the Chevrolet Bolt EUV. To me a more striking image than what Chevrolet released.

At least gm is recovering costs by having Honda use their ev tech.

Honda e-concept

image.png

Chevrolet Bolt EUV

image.png

4 hours ago, David said:

At least gm is recovering costs by having Honda use their ev tech.

Honda e-concept

image.png

Chevrolet Bolt EUV

image.png

First questioning the moon landing and then finding this pair attractive. I am going to unleash my woodworking tools and destroy that tall ladder you fell off of head first.

9 hours ago, balthazar said:

They're both full-on 'meh'.
    Add to that tho- the Honda is a concept, so brace yourself for the dumbing down.

Other than the Civic Type R, and to a lesser extent the Civic SI, everything they build is inspired by a carboard box viewed through the viewpoint of a meth addict in a Vinton county Ohio Trailer park. And that is being generous.

40 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

It definitely looks more normal and less potato-like than the Bolt.

More generic than the plastic container I dipped hummus out of last night for dinner.  Please don't become so desperate in your automotive tastes that you will give extra credit to an effort that deserves a "32" on a scale of 1  to 100. A mid 70's Cutty or Big Plymouth Fury awaits your love. This deserves your dog giving a golden shower in a Walmart parking lot.

42 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

It definitely looks more normal and less potato-like than the Bolt.

The Bolt is so ugly it's kinda cute, like a bulldog. Honda design is kinda lame, honestly.

^ Lol... regarding the Bolt and this concept, if I ever post on here that I've traded my Jeep on one of these or another generic appliance CUV, you will know it's not really me--that I've been lobotomized and am now a zombie.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

There is a reason I have largely given up on modern cars and switched to tools, trains, woodworking equipment, 4WD trucks, audio equipment and the like.

Some funk for you to listen to when you are cruising in the Jeep.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Some funk for you to listen to when you are cruising in the Jeep.

I love some James Brown...been listening to a lot of Prince, yesterday was the 5th anniversary of his death.. :(

• Agree 2

Just now, Robert Hall said:

Yeah. Got my Stereo set back up, listening to a ton of new music and re discovering a bunch of old stuff. Friend gave me an Onkyo TX-NR 808 AV reciever for my living room system. Moved a sofa for them, seemed like a fair trade. Shame to just use it for two channel use, but it pushes two speakers as well as it pushes 11.

Looking at a couple of Magnepan LRS speakers for my family room system, would need to upgrade my Carver Amp to something that would run 4 Ohms of Impedance. Would love to find an old Adcom 555 or the like. Pre AMp is Emotiva, they and outlaw audio build some nice amps. I like buying from smaller comanies.

While this seems to be getting away from cars, here is a link to the LRS I am auditioning Saturday morning. Why can't everyday cars have this level of design coolness?

• Agree 2

• google-news-icon.png

• google-news-icon.png

Cheers and Gears Logo

Since 2001 we've brought you real content and honest opinions, not AI-generated stuff with no feeling or opinions influenced by the manufacturers.

Please consider subscribing. Subscriptions can be as little as $1.75 a month, and a paid subscription drops most ads.*

You can view subscription options here.

*a very limited number of ads contain special coupon deals for our members and will show

• Community Hive Community Hive

Community Hive allows you to follow your favorite communities all in one place.

Follow on Community Hive

• Yeah, it doesn’t pass the sniff test at all. No vehicle, not even a full size SUV, takes even 10 minutes to fill up much less 22. That doesn’t even qualify as making sense to believe it takes 22 minutes to fill up ANY vehicle that only has four tires on it.
    • I've literally timed myself AND posted it here at one time. I don't know if your PNW nozzles are the size of a drinking straw, but it never takes more than 5 minutes at a pump.  You have lost your mind if you think you'll convince any human that you've stood at a pump for TWENTY-TWO MINUTES just filling up an Escalade. There a 100% chance you're lying if you're saying it took you 22 minutes to fill-up an Escalade from E every time.  Damn. 14 minutes. That's a good 9-10 minutes longer than it would take to fill-up most anything with a gasoline engine.  @Drew Dowdell, your Avalanche probably has the same or very similar size gas tank of an Escalade, right? Do you stand there for 20 minutes or more regularly?
    • FUD - Unless your driving a subcompact, 5 minute fueling is not true. Compacts to Midsize to Full size can take from 8 to 22 minutes to fuel. If the filters of the gas station are dirty, it can take longer. Yes I realize not everyone drives an Escalade ESV, but that is 22 minutes of standing and fueling at Costco, longer at other stations it seem to be. Yes, I spent a few minutes waiting, but over all I got all my shopping done, so a few minutes was no different than at a gas station. I charged this morning for the wife, was 52 degrees outside and the 350kW Electrify America charger did the 80% charge from 14% in 15 minutes and then I left to go get the grandkids and drop them off at school, so the 10 to 80% charge is fast as my Escalade.
    • You just said you still had to wait a few minutes after you were done shopping. That few minutes is all it takes to go from E -> F in an internal combustion vehicle. Until you're charging at home, overnight, there is no real savings or convenience involved. Once your free trial period of public charging has expired, it costs about the same to charge publicly at those fast chargers.  At home charging is really the only way to save money and time with an EV, when it comes to fuel costs.

• There are no registered users currently online

Hey there, we noticed you're using an ad-blocker. We're a small site that is supported by ads or subscriptions. We rely on these to pay for server costs and vehicle reviews.  Please consider whitelisting us in your ad-blocker, or if you really like what you see, you can pick up one of our subscriptions for just $1.75 a month or $15 a year. It may not seem like a lot, but it goes a long way to help support real, honest content, that isn't generated by an AI bot.

See you out there.

Drew
Editor-in-Chief

Write what you are looking for and press enter or click the search icon to begin your search

Change privacy settings