During Stellantis EV Day and Software Day at the beginning of 2021, we now will get a more detailed look at the New Chrysler EV brand as they plan to unveil the first of many EVs in the 96-year history of the iconic brand as Stellantis plans to build back better Chrysler.
The airflow as shown on Jay Leno's garage dates from 1934 and is now ready for a revival of the name in the all-new electric vehicle.
The plans for Chrysler at the 2022 CES show is as follows:
- Chrysler will introduce the Chrysler Airflow Concept and outline its future electrification strategy at CES 2022 in Las Vegas on January 5, 2022
- CES 2022 will feature first public display of the Chrysler Airflow Concept, which was previewed in Stellantis EV Day and Software Day presentations earlier this year
- Chrysler will share a roadmap for building on the iconic brand’s 96-years-plus reputation for innovative engineering, groundbreaking style and affordable luxury
While the current concept was shown earlier this year at the Stellantis EV day, CES 2022 will be the start of the Chrysler revival as they show off the Chrysler Airflow as the first of a new portfolio of EVs.
How much of the concept makes it into production and what all new changes and platform that will be used is expected to be touched on as CEO Chris Feuell will present on January 5th, 2022 @ 11am PST.
Chrysler has had amazing success with their latest version of the Pacifica AWD Hybrid minivan with the most advanced AWD system in its class.
Chrysler roadmap will show how they will deliver on their promise of iconic, elegant, executed autos for the 21st century delivering at an attainable value around the globe.
Stellantis plans to have a showcase of electrification at the CES 2022 show as they will display the production Citroen Ami Urban EV, Jeep Grand Cherokee 4xe equipped with the award-winning Uconnect 5 in-car-technology system, DS Automobiles Formula E race car, Fiat new 500 as well as the Chrysler Airflow.
One does not need to be in attendance at the CES 2022 to hear and see the reveal of the EV portfolio, you can watch it here:
To quote the press release:
Elements of the Stellantis stand at CES 2022 include:
- Chrysler Airflow: Chrysler debuts the Airflow Concept, leading the brand's transformation to clean mobility and seamlessly connected customer experiences.
- Citroën Skate Mobility Concept: An autonomous and electric transport robot that that moves around cities, paired with Pods to offer fluid, shared and inventive urban mobility.
- Citroën Ami: An ultra-compact, two-passenger urban EV. In France, the Ami is accessible by users as young as 14, with “à la carte” offerings that target specific uses, a fully online journey, innovative distribution methods and a three-hour charge time.
- DS E-Tense FE21: Two-time defending champion in the ABB FIA Formula E World Championship, the 1,984-pound car (with driver) uses a 900-volt system that includes a 52 kWh battery, powering a 338-horsepower electric motor. The lightweight design combined with electric torque drives the car from 0-60 mph in about 2.8 seconds.
- New FIAT 500: The new 500 is the FIAT flagship and stands for New Dolcevita, social relevancy and sustainability. The iconic all-new small EV is the most popular FIAT and the epitome of the Italian car: beautiful, a classic design, an artwork, an inspiration. New 500 is connected, has a range of up to 199 miles, features 85kW fast charge and is the first city car with Assisted Driving Level 2. The New 500 is the most sold EV within the Company.
- Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer: A Premium American Icon reborn as the new standard of sophistication, authenticity and mobility. The premium extension of the Jeep® brand offers legendary 4x4 capability, on-road refinement and a design that exudes American craftsmanship and heritage, delivering a host of leading-edge technology features, such as exclusive Fire TV built in and a front passenger screen experience.
- Jeep Wrangler 4xe: The most capable, technically advanced and eco-friendly Wrangler ever. Available in Europe, China and the United States, the Wrangler 4xe’s plug-in hybrid powertrain is capable of up to 21 miles of nearly silent, zero-emission, electric-only propulsion.
- Jeep Grand Cherokee 4xe: The first Grand Cherokee to offer a plug-in hybrid electric variant. Its introduction signals the continued pursuit of the brand’s global vision of accomplishing “Zero Emission Freedom,” by offering a fully electric Jeep vehicle in every SUV segment by 2025. The Grand Cherokee 4xe targets an estimated 25 miles (40 km) of all-electric range and 57 MPGe, with 375 hp and 470 lb.-ft. of torque and is equipped with the award-winning Uconnect 5, which offers new technology for 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee, including a 10.1-inch (25.7 cm) display, five-times-faster operating speed (when compared to the previous generation) and over-the-air (OTA) updates.
Stellantis Media - MEDIA ADVISORY: Chrysler to Unveil Chrysler Airflow Concept, Announce Roadmap for Brand’s Future at CES 2022 (stellantisnorthamerica.com)
Stellantis Media - (stellantisnorthamerica.com)
Stellantis Media - Stellantis Showcases Technology Driven Future at CES 2022 With On-site and Virtual Experiences (stellantisnorthamerica.com)
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.