There will soon be another police vehicle you'll need to keep an eye out for. Today, Dodge announced the Durango Pursuit which will give police departments another choice in the utility segment.
Power comes from the 5.7L HEMI V8 producing 360 horsepower and 390 pound-feet of torque. This comes paired with an eight-speed automatic and full-time all-wheel drive system. A two-speed transfer case should help out if a chase goes off-road. There are numerous upgrades including stronger brakes, heavy-duty oil cooler and water pump; and larger alternator. Standard equipment includes tri-zone temperature control, eight-way power adjustments for the driver, and trailer sway control.
“Unofficial testing results at the Michigan State Police 2018 model-year vehicle evaluation event created such a stir among law enforcement agencies that we simply had to find a way to build this vehicle. The Dodge Durango is already known as the Charger of SUVs, so it is only natural that the new Durango Pursuit complements the Charger Pursuit in police fleets across the country,” said Steve Beahm, Head of Passenger Car Brands, Dodge//SRT, Chrysler and FIAT – FCA North America.
Police departments will need to be quick on ordering one, as Dodge will only be offering the Durango Pursuit for a limited time.
Dodge Announces Police Pursuit Version of 2018 Durango
May 10, 2018 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Dodge is expanding its police vehicle lineup, adding a new Pursuit version of its Dodge Durango.
“Unofficial testing results at the Michigan State Police 2018 model-year vehicle evaluation event created such a stir among law enforcement agencies that we simply had to find a way to build this vehicle,” said Steve Beahm, Head of Passenger Car Brands, Dodge//SRT, Chrysler and FIAT – FCA North America. “The Dodge Durango is already known as the Charger of SUVs, so it is only natural that the new Durango Pursuit complements the Charger Pursuit in police fleets across the country.”
The 2018 Dodge Durango Pursuit is powered by the legendary 5.7L HEMI® V-8, coupled with a full-time, active all-wheel-drive (AWD) system. This is the same powertrain combination most commonly deployed in the Dodge Charger Pursuit, the top-selling police sedan in the U.S. market. The Durango Pursuit also offers a two-speed transfer case for true low-range off-road capability and incorporates larger, heavy-duty anti-lock brakes that deliver a 60-0 mile per hour (mph) stopping distance of 134 feet.
Other notable standard features of the 2018 Dodge Durango Pursuit include:
- 5.7L V-8 HEMI with Fuel Saver Technology delivers best-in-class horsepower (360) and torque (390 lb.-ft.)
- Eight-speed automatic transmission delivers quick shifts and improved fuel economy
- Rear-wheel-drive-based drivetrain is the foundation for Durango’s outstanding on-road driving performance. Standard AWD further enhances driver confidence by leveraging the SUV’s 50/50 weight distribution
- Segment’s longest wheelbase (119.8 inches) provides added stability and improved handling
- Best-in-class 7,200 lb. towing capability
- 8.1 inches of ground clearance
- ParkView® rear backup camera with ParkSense® alert
- Eight-way power adjusting driver seat controls
- Air conditioning with air filtration
- Under-vehicle mount for spare tire, maximizing interior cargo space and accessibility
- Class-exclusive, K-9 friendly Tri-Zone interior temperature control
- Trailer sway control
- Spot lamp wiring prep package
- 220-amp alternator
- 800 cold cranking amp (CCA) battery
- Heavy-duty oil cooler and water pump
- Power locking fuel filler door
The new 2018 Dodge Durango Pursuit V-8 AWD is available for order for a limited time. For more information, law enforcement agencies should call (800) 999-3533.