Last week, we brought you news that Dodge was planning to build a number of special edition Vipers to commemorate its 25th anniversary and the end of the production run. This week, we bring you the news that all of these models are sold.
According to Dodge, all of the special edition models sold out in five days. Here is the breakdown,
- 1:28 Edition ACR: Sold out within 40 minutes
- VoooDoo II Edition ACR: Sold out in 2 hours
- Snakeskin Edition GTC: Sold out in 2 days
- GTS-R Commemorative Edition ACR: Sold out in 2 days
- Dodge Dealer Edition ACR: Sold out in 5 days
Because of the rapid sales, Dodge is introducing one more special edition. The Snakeskin Edition ACR features a new green color with a snake-skin stripe, the ACR Package, Extreme Aero Package, and a set of carbon ceramic brakes. Like the GTC, there will only be 31 Snakeskin Edition ACRs built. The order books for this model will open later this month.
Press Release is on Page 2
Dodge Viper 25th Anniversary Limited-edition Models Sold Out
In Response to Customer Requests New Snakeskin ACR Added to Special-edition Viper Lineup
- 1:28 Edition ACR (American Club Racer) – all 28 units sold out within 40 minutes
- VoooDoo II Edition ACR – all 31 units sold out within two hours
- Snakeskin Edition GTC – all 25 units sold out within two ordering days
- GTS-R Commemorative Edition ACR – all 100 units sold out within two ordering days
- Orders for the 2017 limited-edition models opened on Friday, June 24
- Responding to customer requests, Dodge is introducing Snakeskin ACR Edition and will build as many as 31 units
June 30, 2016 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Dodge Vipers certainly do go fast, both literally and figuratively. After first going on sale Friday, June 24, 206 special-edition 2017 Dodge Vipers designed with exclusive content to celebrate the 25th anniversary and final year of Viper production are totally sold out.
Leading the selling spree was the new 1:28 Edition ACR. All 28 units sold out in just 40 minutes. All 31 units of the VoooDoo II Edition ACRs had new owners within two hours. The Snakeskin Edition GTC (25 units) and GTS-R Commemorative Edition ACR (100 units) took only two ordering days to sell out. All 22 units of the Dodge Dealer Edition ACR sold out within five ordering days.
"From just 40 minutes to five days, the 25th Anniversary special-edition Dodge Vipers sold out incredibly fast, insuring their future collectability,” said Tim Kuniskis, Head of Passenger Cars – Dodge, SRT, Chrysler and FIAT, FCA – North America. “Our customers are asking, so we’re adding one more special edition — the Dodge Viper Snakeskin ACR.”
An all-new ACR version of the Snakeskin Edition will be made available with up to 31 units to continue the 25th Viper Anniversary celebration. Orders for the Snakeskin ACR special edition will open in mid-July.
New 2017 Viper Snakeskin Edition ACR
- Color was inspired by the original 2010 Snakeskin ACR
- Features new Snakeskin Green exterior with a custom snakeskin-patterned SRT stripe, ACR Package, Extreme Aero Package, carbon ceramic brakes, ACR interior, serialized instrument panel Snakeskin badge and a custom car cover that matches the exterior paint scheme and showcases the customer name above the driver’s side door
- As many as 31 units of this new special-edition configuration will be produced for 2017
- Looking back in Viper history: 31 units of the original Snakeskin Viper ACR were built in 2010