• Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

    Kia K9/Quoris Coming To The U.S. Next Year, Called The K900


    William Maley

    Staff Writer - CheersandGears.com

    September 20, 2013

    As we were expecting, Kia told its dealers this week that the K9/Quoris flagship sedan will be coming to the U.S. in early 2014. The flagship will wear the K900 nameplate (WHY?!) and have a marketing blitz during the 2014 Super Bowl according to dealers.

    The K900 will be Kia's first rear-wheel drive sedan sold in the U.S. and become the brand's flagship. It will come with the choice of either a V6 (likely the 3.8L with 290 horsepower) and V8 (likely the 5.0L Tau V8 from Hyundai with 420 horsepower). An eight-speed automatic transmission is expected to come as well.

    Pricing wasn't disclosed, but rumors have pointed to a price range between $50,000 to $70,000. As Don Hobden, chairman of Kia's national dealer council put it, the K900 is "a 7-series value for a 5-series price."

    Kia also told its dealers that the K900 rollout will begin at dealerships on the West Coast, in New England, and Florida before going on sale nationwide. Dealers will undergo special training and buy special items for their showrooms. This sounds very familiar when Hyundai launched the Equus.

    Source: Automotive News (Subscription Required)

    William Maley is a staff writer for Cheers & Gears. He can be reached at william.maley@cheersandgears.com or you can follow him on twitter at @realmudmonster.

    0


    Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0


    User Feedback


    It's funny they mention the 7 series because it looks like they copied the styling from it too.

    I just don't understand why someone would buy a $70,000 Kia. I would be perfectly happy with a BMW 5 series, Mercedes C Class or Audi A6 instead.

    0

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites


    Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

    Guest
    You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
    Add a comment...

    ×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

      Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor




  • Popular Stories

  • Today's Birthdays

    1. 94commo
      94commo
      (50 years old)
    2. Aerodynamic
      Aerodynamic
      (30 years old)
    3. LPE427Fbird
      LPE427Fbird
      (42 years old)
  • Similar Content

    • By William Maley
      Chinese automakers see the U.S. as a land opportunity and have been making promises to start selling vehicles in the near future. None so far have made it. Now one Chinese brand is reconsidering their plans.
      SAIC Motor Corp., China's largest automaker and partner with GM, has put their U.S. ambitions on hold. Michael Yang, executive director of SAIC Motor’s international department said at a briefing that they have uncertainties about the trade policy between China and the U.S. due to the election of Donald Trump. Yang went on to say that the company would implement their U.S. strategy once it has gotten clarity. For the time being, SAIC has moved up plans to start selling vehicles in the European Union.
      “Eventually we aim to have all, but at the moment we are focusing on” China and then Europe, Yang said. “The reason is the ‘climate change’ after the new presidency.”
      This contrasts with another Chinese automaker, Guangzhou Automobile Group Co., (GAC) which plans on entering the U.S. by 2019 with their Trumpchi brand. Although there is talk that GAC is considering changing the name of the brand before arriving in the U.S.
      Source: Automotive News (Subscription Required)

      View full article
    • By William Maley
      Chinese automakers see the U.S. as a land opportunity and have been making promises to start selling vehicles in the near future. None so far have made it. Now one Chinese brand is reconsidering their plans.
      SAIC Motor Corp., China's largest automaker and partner with GM, has put their U.S. ambitions on hold. Michael Yang, executive director of SAIC Motor’s international department said at a briefing that they have uncertainties about the trade policy between China and the U.S. due to the election of Donald Trump. Yang went on to say that the company would implement their U.S. strategy once it has gotten clarity. For the time being, SAIC has moved up plans to start selling vehicles in the European Union.
      “Eventually we aim to have all, but at the moment we are focusing on” China and then Europe, Yang said. “The reason is the ‘climate change’ after the new presidency.”
      This contrasts with another Chinese automaker, Guangzhou Automobile Group Co., (GAC) which plans on entering the U.S. by 2019 with their Trumpchi brand. Although there is talk that GAC is considering changing the name of the brand before arriving in the U.S.
      Source: Automotive News (Subscription Required)
    • By William Maley
      Mercedes-Benz is still waiting on the EPA to give the ok for them sell 2017 model year diesel vehicles. This is causing them to rethink their diesel strategy in the U.S.
      Speaking with reporters at the New York Auto Show this week, Mercedes-Benz USA CEO Dietmar Exler said engineers are still in talks with the EPA over their diesel vehicles. Exler admitted that he isn't aware of the current status of those talks. When asked about the future of diesel sales for the U.S., Exler said,
      "No decision made one way or the other."
      Before the EPA put all 2017 model year diesel vehicles under an intense review process, only 2 to 3 percent of Mercedes' total U.S. sales were made up of diesels.
      It should be noted that Mercedes-Benz has also canned plans on bringing over diesel version of the C-Class sedan last year.
      Exler said the focus going forward would be electric vehicles, with 10 new EVs being launch by 2025.
      Source: Reuters

      View full article
    • By William Maley
      Mercedes-Benz is still waiting on the EPA to give the ok for them sell 2017 model year diesel vehicles. This is causing them to rethink their diesel strategy in the U.S.
      Speaking with reporters at the New York Auto Show this week, Mercedes-Benz USA CEO Dietmar Exler said engineers are still in talks with the EPA over their diesel vehicles. Exler admitted that he isn't aware of the current status of those talks. When asked about the future of diesel sales for the U.S., Exler said,
      "No decision made one way or the other."
      Before the EPA put all 2017 model year diesel vehicles under an intense review process, only 2 to 3 percent of Mercedes' total U.S. sales were made up of diesels.
      It should be noted that Mercedes-Benz has also canned plans on bringing over diesel version of the C-Class sedan last year.
      Exler said the focus going forward would be electric vehicles, with 10 new EVs being launch by 2025.
      Source: Reuters
    • By dfelt
      G. David Felt - Staff Writer Alternative Energy - www.cheersandgears.com
      Hyundai and Kia possibly replacing 1.2 Million engines!
      According to a breaking story on King 5 News, Hyundai and Kia are recalling 1.2 million auto's for possible engine failure. 
      2013 - 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport & Sonata
      2011 - 2014 Kia Sportage & Sorento
      Company has stated that debri from manufacturing was possibly left in the engine that will restrict oil flow to connecting rod bearings that will increase temperatures and cause premature wear and failure on the bearings.
      Dealerships will inspect engines and if wear is detected, will replace the block if needed at no cost.
      The Detroit Free Press also has this story but states that the recall is 1.4 million as they are also including Canada and South Korea models affected in this recall.
  • Recent Status Updates

  • Who's Online (See full list)