• Popular Stories

  • Similar Content

    • By William Maley
      FORD TOTAL U.S. SALES UP 5 PERCENT IN NOVEMBER, RETAIL UP 10 PERCENT; F-SERIES, SUVS AND LINCOLN VEHICLES DRIVE GAINS
      Ford Motor Company’s U.S. sales for November  total 197,574 vehicles – up 5 percent versus a year ago – with retail sales up 10 percent and fleet sales down 9 percent Ford F-Series has its best November since 2001 on strong F-150 and Super Duty retail demand; total F-Series sales of 72,089 trucks is up 11 percent Ford brand SUV sales increase 20 percent with 60,079 vehicles sold Lincoln sales total 9,429 vehicles for November, representing a 19 percent increase on strong demand for its newest products, including Lincoln Continental, MKX and MKZ DEARBORN, Mich., Dec. 1, 2016 – Ford Motor Company’s overall sales totaled 197,574 vehicles in November – a 5 percent increase versus last year – driven by a 10 percent retail sales gain with 154,114 vehicles sold.
      Fleet sales of 43,460 vehicles, including daily rental, commercial and government segments, declined 9 percent. This reflects the company’s plan to front-load fleet sales this year.
      F-Series sales increased 11 percent, totaling 72,089 trucks, the truck line’s best November sales since 2001. F-Series retail sales were up 14 percent.  
      “Strong retail sales increases for both F-150 and our all-new Super Duty pickups drove F-Series above the 70,000 vehicle mark – a November threshold we have not seen in 15 years,” said Mark LaNeve, vice president, U.S. Marketing, Sales and Service. “Plus, strong consumer demand for well-equipped Super Dutys helped boost Ford’s overall average transaction prices in November, which are up $1,000 versus a year ago – well ahead of the industry average of $320.”
      Ford brand SUV sales totaled 60,079 vehicles for November – a 20 percent increase. Escape was up 11 percent; Explorer grew 14 percent, Edge climbed 32 percent and Expedition gained 75 percent.  
      Lincoln sales increased 19 percent, with sales totaling 9,429 vehicles. Retail sales were up 20 percent. Lincoln MKZ was up 9 percent, while Lincoln MKX was up 30 percent. Lincoln’s all-new Continental had its best sales month since launch – with 1,419 cars sold. 

    • By Suaviloquent
      So basically, I read the review. But really I picked this source because these are the first good pictures in good natural lighting to show the new Conti in production spec. I like the way it looks, I think this paint colour is very adventurous, but the blue paint with the blue interior is my personal favourite. I think the Conti screams luxo, and American luxo really well. It may not be to your tastes, but oh well, I can accept that America still knows how to make big sedans, however flawed or incomplete this or the CT6 are.
       
      Again, I only looked at this article for the pictures.
       
      More are their link:
      http://www.motor1.com/reviews/127066/2017-lincoln-continental-first-drive-review/
    • By cp-the-nerd
      http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2017-lincoln-mkz-30t-awd-test-review
      Zero to 60 mph: 4.8 sec
      Zero to 100 mph: 12.0 sec
      Rolling start, 5-60 mph: 5.5 sec
      Standing ¼-mile: 13.4 sec @ 105 mph
      Top speed (governor limited): 150 mph
      Braking, 70-0 mph: 156 ft
      Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad*: 0.93 g
      EPA: 17/26 mpg
      Curb weight: 4307 lb
      As Tested: $59,975 (base price: $43,735)


      There's so much to break down in this review, because the numbers tell so little of the story. Like the Fusion Sport, the engine is the car's greatest asset. Hit the gas and it gives serious thrust, though it's connected to an aging 6-speed automatic. Looking at the test results with no context, this seems to be just a hair behind the Audi A6 3.0T, which would be an excellent achievement, but as you read through the driving impressions things look less rosy. Fitted with the mind boggling selection of Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires (meant for dedicated high performance cars), the .93g of recorded grip was overkill for the FWD-based chassis.

      "...Worst of all, after cornering, the whole car wags like the tail of a Newfoundland puppy that just discovered freeze-dried chicken jerky. It then takes some time to recover its composure. And the all-wheel-drive system isn’t able to keep up, either, as the MKZ still wants to torque-steer off the road.
      ...these are summer-only sports-car tires fitted to a car tuned for all-season touring rubber. In fact, the placard in the doorjamb of our test car gave away the fact that it started life without these tires—the placard listed a different tire size than those fitted to the car—which Lincoln reps no doubt swapped in hope of improving test numbers.
      One gets the sense that these tires were specially chosen for vehicles that would see performance testing by the media. According to Lincoln’s online configurator for the 2017 MKZ, the optional summer tire will be a 245/40R-19 (just like the Michelins on our test car); although the Lincoln website doesn’t specify the tire brand or model, it’s hard to imagine dealers ordering high-performance rubber for this car."

      In the end, this car would have likely found greater fanfare with the high-end all season touring tires that it was engineered for. Let the luxury and impressive 400 horsepower engine speak for themselves without trying to be some sort of poseur sport sedan. This also leads us to the other elephant in the room: $59,975 as tested. That's the cost of a Fusion Sport and a Fusion Hybrid combined... for a car based on the Fusion.

      Personally, I'm FAR from sold on Lincoln's latest direction, and this review only cements the impression of confused luxury goals and engineering compromises.
    • By William Maley
      FORD TRANSIT SALES GROW IN SEPTEMBER; FORD'S OVERALL U.S. SALES DOWN 8 PERCENT VERSUS YEAR-AGO
      Ford Transit U.S. sales increase 6 percent versus year ago, with 10,799 vans sold September marks F-Series’ best retail sales month of the year; total Ford F-Series sales of 67,809 down 3 percent Total U.S. sales of 204,447 vehicles down 8 percent from a year ago; retail sales down 4 percent and fleet decline 21 percent DEARBORN, Mich., Oct 3, 2016 – Ford Transit vans U.S. sales grew 6 percent last month with 10,799 vans sold. Overall Ford U.S. September sales totaled 204,447 vehicles, an 8 percent decline versus a year ago.
      Retail sales declined 4 percent in September, with 162,327 vehicles sold for the month. Fleet sales of 42,120 vehicles, including daily rental, commercial and government segments, were down 21 percent, consistent with the company’s plan to front-load fleet sales this year. Sales to daily rental companies declined 36 percent for the month. 
      “We continue seeing strong customer demand, especially for vans and pickup trucks, including our all-new Super Duty,” said Mark LaNeve, Ford vice president, U.S. Marketing, Sales and Service. “Demand for a rich mix of our all-new Super Duty pickups helped boost Ford’s average transaction prices by $1,100 versus a year ago, outpacing the industry’s $400 average.”
      September marked 2016’s best month for F-Series’ retail sales. Ford F-Series sales totaled 67,809 vehicles, a 3 percent decline. 

    • By William Maley
      LINCOLN, FORD VAN SALES UP IN AUGUST; TOTAL U.S. SALES DOWN 8 PERCENT ON LOWER INDUSTRY VOLUMES
      Lincoln sales increase 7 percent in August on gains from new Lincoln MKZ and Lincoln MKX with 9,243 sold; Lincoln retail sales up 10 percent Ford van sales total 20,355 vehicles for the month – best-ever August sales; Ford Transit sales gained 17 percent, with 11,993 vans sold Ford F-Series sales down 6 percent, with 66,946 trucks sold; August marks F-Series’ best retail month of the year Total U.S. company sales of 214,482 vehicles decline 8 percent; retail down 8 percent and fleet down 10 percent DEARBORN, Mich., Sept. 1, 2016 – Lincoln sales rose 7 percent in the U.S. in August versus a year ago with 9,243 vehicles sold, while Ford Motor Company vans reached best-ever August sales with 20,355 vehicles sold. Overall U.S. company sales totaled 214,482 vehicles, an 8 percent decline. 
      Retail sales totaled 168,543 vehicles for the month – an 8 percent decrease. Fleet sales of 45,939 vehicles, including daily rental, commercial and government segments, were down 10 percent. 
      Lincoln’s retail sales grew 10 percent, thanks to a 55 percent retail increase in Lincoln MKX sales and an 8 percent uptick in MKZ retail sales.
      “Strong sales of high-end Lincoln vehicles and Ford SUVs also helped us continue outpacing the industry in average transaction pricing, which increased $1,200 versus a year ago,” said Mark LaNeve, Ford vice president, U.S. Marketing, Sales and Service. “Vans continue to be a bright spot for Ford – a consistent growth story for us this year.”
      August’s record van sales were up 13 percent versus a year ago, driven largely by Ford Transit gaining 17 percent, with 11,993 vehicles sold.
      Total truck sales were down 2 percent, with 88,372 vehicles sold. Ford F-Series sales of 66,946 trucks mark a 6 percent decline – and F-Series’ best retail month of the year. 

       
  • Recent Status Updates

  • Who's Online (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online