• Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

    Sales Figure Ticker: December 2016


    • The end of 2016 has arrived. Which brands can say it was a good year and which ones would like to forget it?

    Maserati North America, Inc. - Up 58.5% (1,694 Vehicles Sold This Month, 12,534 Vehicles Sold So Far This Year)
    Jaguar Land Rover North America - Up 30.5% (12,573 Vehicles Sold This Month, 105,104 Vehicles Sold So Far This Year)
    Volkswagen of America - Up 20.3% (37,229 Vehicles Sold This Month, 322,948 Vehicles Sold So Far This Year)
    Audi of America - Up 13.7% (23,195 Vehicles Sold This Month, 210,213 Vehicles Sold So Far This Year)
    Subaru of America, Inc. - Up 12.3% (63,177 Vehicles Sold This Month, 615,132 Vehicles Sold So Far This Year)
    General Motors Co. - Up 10% (319,108 Vehicles Sold This Month, 3,042,775 Vehicles Sold So Far This Year)
    Nissan North America - Up 9.7% (152,743 Vehicles Sold This Month, 1,564,423 Vehicles Sold So Far This Year)
    Volvo Cars of North America, LLC - Up 8.4% (10,129 Vehicles Sold This Month, 82,724 Vehicles Sold So Far This Year)
    American Honda Motor Co. - Up 6.4% (160,477 Vehicles Sold This Month, 1,637,942 Vehicles Sold So Far This Year)
    Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. - Up 5.8% (243,229 Vehicles Sold This Month, 2,449,630 Vehicles Sold So Far This Year)
    Porsche Cars North America, Inc. - Up 2% (4,015 Vehicles Sold This Month, 54,280 Vehicles Sold So Far This Year)
    Ford Motor Company - Up 0.3% (239,854 Vehicles Sold This Month, 2,614,697 Vehicles Sold So Far This Year)
    Kia Motors America - Up 0.2% (54,353 Vehicles Sold This Month, 647,598 Vehicles Sold So Far This Year)
    Mazda North American Operations - Down 1.8% (28,754 Vehicles Sold This Month, 297,773 Vehicles Sold So Far This Year)
    Hyundai Motor America - Down 1.9% (62,305 Vehicles Sold This Month, 775,005 Vehicles Sold So Far This Year)
    Mercedes-Benz USA - Down 4.8% (37,057 Vehicles Sold This Month, 380,752 Vehicles Sold So Far This Year)
    BMW Group U.S. - Down 5.4% (37,493 Vehicles Sold This Month, 365,204 Vehicles Sold So Far This Year)
    Mitsubishi Motors North America - Down 6.4% (7,383 Vehicles Sold This Month, 96,267 Vehicles Sold So Far This Year)
    FCA US LLC - Down 10% (192,519 Vehicles Sold This Month, 2,244,315 Vehicles Sold So Far This Year)

    Brands:
    Acura - Up 1.9% (17,148 Vehicles Sold This Month, 161,360 Vehicles Sold So Far This Year)
    Alfa Romeo - Down 7% (52 Vehicles Sold This Month, 516 Vehicles Sold So Far This Year)
    Audi - Up 13.7% (23,195 Vehicles Sold This Month, 210,213 Vehicles Sold So Far This Year)
    BMW - Down 5.2% (32,835 Vehicles Sold This Month, 313,174 Vehicles Sold So Far This Year)
    Buick - Up 2.8% (21,288 Vehicles Sold This Month, 229,631 Vehicles Sold So Far This Year)
    Cadillac - Up 3.2% (21,446 Vehicles Sold This Month, 170,006 Vehicles Sold So Far This Year)
    Chevrolet - Up 12.8% (212,959 Vehicles Sold This Month, 2,096,510 Vehicles Sold So Far This Year)
    Chrysler - Down 32% (16,776 Vehicles Sold This Month, 231,972 Vehicles Sold So Far This Year)
    Dodge - Down 21% (36,329 Vehicles Sold This Month, 506,858 Vehicles Sold So Far This Year)
    Fiat - Down 54% (2,606 Vehicles Sold This Month, 32,742 Vehicles Sold So Far This Year)
    Ford - Down 0.6% (227,063 Vehicles Sold This Month, 2,502,973 Vehicles Sold So Far This Year)
    Genesis - N/A (1,733 Vehicles Sold This Month, 6,948 Vehicles Sold So Far This Year)
    GMC - Up 5.8% (63,415 Vehicles Sold This Month, 546,628 Vehicles Sold So Far This Year)
    Honda - Up 6.9% (143,329 Vehicles Sold This Month, 1,476,582 Vehicles Sold So Far This Year)
    Hyundai - Down 4.6% (60,572 Vehicles Sold This Month, 768,057 Vehicles Sold So Far This Year)
    Infiniti - Up 20.6% (18,198 Vehicles Sold This Month, 138,293 Vehicles Sold So Far This Year)
    Jaguar - Up 259% (4,294 Vehicles Sold This Month, 31,243 Vehicles Sold So Far This Year)
    Jeep - Down 6% (83,159 Vehicles Sold This Month, 926,376 Vehicles Sold So Far This Year)
    Kia - Up 0.2% (54,353 Vehicles Sold This Month, 647,598 Vehicles Sold So Far This Year)
    Land Rover - Down 1.9% (8,279 Vehicles Sold This Month, 73,861 Vehicles Sold So Far This Year)
    Lexus - Up 3.2% (41,182 Vehicles Sold This Month, 331,228 Vehicles Sold So Far This Year)
    Lincoln - Up 17.8% (12,791 Vehicles Sold This Month, 111,724 Vehicles Sold So Far This Year)
    Maserati - Up 58.5% (1,694 Vehicles Sold This Month, 12,534 Vehicles Sold So Far This Year)
    Mazda - Down 1.8% (28,754 Vehicles Sold This Month, 297,773 Vehicles Sold So Far This Year)
    Mercedes-Benz - Down 6.4% (32,011 Vehicles Sold This Month, 340,237 Vehicles Sold So Far This Year)
    Mercedes-Benz Vans - Down 4.6% (3,860 Vehicles Sold This Month, 34,304 Vehicles Sold So Far This Year)
    MINI - Down 7% (4,658 Vehicles Sold This Month, 52,030 Vehicles Sold So Far This Year)
    Mitsubishi - Down 6.4% (7,383 Vehicles Sold This Month, 96,267 Vehicles Sold So Far This Year)
    Nissan - Up 8.3% (134,545 Vehicles Sold This Month, 1,426,130 Vehicles Sold So Far This Year)
    Porsche - Up 2% (4,015 Vehicles Sold This Month, 54,280 Vehicles Sold So Far This Year)
    Ram Trucks - Up 10% (53,597 Vehicles Sold This Month, 545,851 Vehicles Sold So Far This Year)
    Smart - Up 77.3% (1,186 Vehicles Sold This Month, 6,211 Vehicles Sold So Far This Year)
    Subaru - Up 12.3% (63,177 Vehicles Sold This Month, 615,132 Vehicles Sold So Far This Year)
    Toyota - Up 6.4% (202,047 Vehicles Sold This Month, 2,118,402 Vehicles Sold So Far This Year)
    Volkswagen - Up 20.3% (37,229 Vehicles Sold This Month, 322,948 Vehicles Sold So Far This Year)
    Volvo - Up 8.4% (10,129 Vehicles Sold This Month, 82,724 Vehicles Sold So Far This Year)

    0


    Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0


    User Feedback




    Really interesting seeing the huge gains in CUV sales and mostly losses in the car ranges.  Know the Rogue beat out the Rav 4 for Dec and very interested to see how it stacked up to the CR-V.  Maybe the Star Wars Rogue one mash-up really helped haha. 

    0

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    6 minutes ago, FordCosworth said:

    Those are some larger downers for FCA divisions. Even Jeep down 6%? Only brand not down was Ram Trucks.

     

    That is to be expected as the Patriot and current Compass are phased out, along with the Dart and 200.  This is absolutely expected and no big deal. 

    0

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Good to see GM end the year on a positive note. FCA is beyond hurting when Jeeps sales are declining. Probably temporary but not a good sign if this goes on for an extended period of time. 

    0

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    14 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

    Good to see GM end the year on a positive note. FCA is beyond hurting when Jeeps sales are declining. Probably temporary but not a good sign if this goes on for an extended period of time. 

    remember, they are losing the Patriot altogether which generally accounted for 10 to 12k sales a month and not replacing it.  Sales will be down for sometime unless the Compass picks up all of the lost Patriot/Compass sales or all the Patriot interest goes to the Renegade which i don't really see happening. 

    0

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    4 minutes ago, Stew said:

    remember, they are losing the Patriot altogether which generally accounted for 10 to 12k sales a month and not replacing it.  Sales will be down for sometime unless the Compass picks up all of the lost Patriot/Compass sales or all the Patriot interest goes to the Renegade which i don't really see happening. 

    Like I said, probably temporary given how strong Jeep sales have been lately. Time will tell. 

    0

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    6 minutes ago, Stew said:

    remember, they are losing the Patriot altogether which generally accounted for 10 to 12k sales a month and not replacing it.  Sales will be down for sometime unless the Compass picks up all of the lost Patriot/Compass sales or all the Patriot interest goes to the Renegade which i don't really see happening. 

    FYI, Cherokee was down huge, by over 1/3rd.

    0

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 minute ago, FordCosworth said:

    FYI, Cherokee was down huge, by over 1/3rd.

    And it is less than a year away from a MAJOR MCE.  And that just happened to be a VERY huge month last year.  Mustang Sales for example, where down at least that much.

    3 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

    Like I said, probably temporary given how strong Jeep sales have been lately. Time will tell. 

    My big worry is that the new Compass will no doubt be quite a bit pricier than the current one and the Patriot which will drive sales down comparatively in concert with having 1 less model to sell.  Oddly enough I think you are more optimistic here than I am lol. 

    0

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    5 minutes ago, Stew said:

    And it is less than a year away from a MAJOR MCE.  And that just happened to be a VERY huge month last year.  Mustang Sales for example, where down at least that much.

    My big worry is that the new Compass will no doubt be quite a bit pricier than the current one and the Patriot which will drive sales down comparatively in concert with having 1 less model to sell.  Oddly enough I think you are more optimistic here than I am lol. 

    No Stew Mustang was not down " at least that much ". 19% is nowhere near close to 34%...

     

     

     

    0

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    9 minutes ago, FordCosworth said:

    No Stew Mustang was not down " at least that much ". 19% is nowhere near close to 34%...

     

     

     

    Yet total sales are quite a few thousand less than the Cherokee which means yes, that lower percentage is just as painful for the Mustang, especially since it doesn't have stablemates based on the same platform to make up the slack.  

     

    We could bring up the Fusion and the fact it is down 25% despite a decently heavy refresh and new submodels for 17. 

    0

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    8 minutes ago, Stew said:

    Yet total sales are quite a few thousand less than the Cherokee which means yes, that lower percentage is just as painful for the Mustang, especially since it doesn't have stablemates based on the same platform to make up the slack.  

     

    We could bring up the Fusion and the fact it is down 25% despite a decently heavy refresh and new submodels for 17. 

    Spin away. 

    ( I think this has to be a first - someone comparing Mustang sales to a CUV )

    And now you want to discuss Fusion Sales vs a CUV? 

     

    Edited by FordCosworth
    -1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    11 minutes ago, FordCosworth said:

    Spin away. 

    ( I think this has to be a first - someone comparing Mustang sales to a CUV )

    And now you want to discuss Fusion Sales vs a CUV? 

     

    Thought we were just picking out a specific vehicle for a brand that happened to have lower sales compared to last year right?  I mean seriously dude. 

    2

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 minute ago, Stew said:

    Thought we were just picking out a specific vehicle for a brand that happened to have lower sales compared to last year right?  I mean seriously dude. 

    Really?

    Maybe your liberal schooling ( :P ) wasn't clear on how to separate discussion points? Like as in having the Cherokee and Mustang in the same sentence is a direct comparison. 

    Class dismissed.

     

     

     

    0

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    Just now, FordCosworth said:

    Really?

    Maybe your liberal schooling ( :P ) wasn't clear on how to separate discussion points? Like as in having the Cherokee and Mustang in the same sentence is a direct comparison. 

    Class dismissed.

     

     

     

    LOL, poor, poor boy.  Loves pointing out negatives, but guess what, your chosen manufacturer isn't a special snowflake, they have their sales slumps too. 

    0

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    12 minutes ago, Stew said:

    LOL, poor, poor boy.  Loves pointing out negatives, but guess what, your chosen manufacturer isn't a special snowflake, they have their sales slumps too. 

    Thanks Captain Obvious. Ever mfg has inclines and declines. 

    Yet Jeep Division is down, Ford CUV/SUV is up. Taking in consumer buying preferences, that hopefully won't become a trend for Jeep.

    0

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    11 minutes ago, FordCosworth said:

    Thanks Captain Obvious. Ever mfg has inclines and declines. 

    Yet Jeep Division is down, Ford CUV/SUV is up. Taking in consumer buying preferences, that hopefully won't become a trend for Jeep.

    Speaking of obvious, one should note that only the Cherokee and the Patriot are down and being that the Patriots reason is because it is a goner, Jeeps situation is not near as dire as you are making it out to be. All of Ford is not okay either. The Escape was down for the month and the Explorer is down for the whole year. That is what's obvious here. 

    1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    11 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

    Speaking of obvious, one should note that only the Cherokee and the Patriot are down and being that the Patriots reason is because it is a goner, Jeeps situation is not near as dire as you are making it out to be. All of Ford is not okay either. The Escape was down for the month and the Explorer is down for the whole year. That is what's obvious here. 

    " All of Ford is not okay either. "

    * Captain Obvious' sidekick fails to note second sentence in what he quotes.

    -1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 minute ago, FordCosworth said:

    " All of Ford is not okay either. "

    * Captain Obvious' sidekick fails to note second sentence in what he quotes.

    Enlighten me while you (once again) pass off insults. Fact. All of Ford (including the CUVs you are touting) is not okay. Debate it, argue it, whatever but these petty little insults are what got your own sidekick dismissed from here so you might want to reconsider your "tactic" before responding here. 

    0

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    10 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

    Enlighten me while you (once again) pass off insults. Fact. All of Ford (including the CUVs you are touting) is not okay. Debate it, argue it, whatever but these petty little insults are what got your own sidekick dismissed from here so you might want to reconsider your "tactic" before responding here. 

    You're the one trying to argue something about Ford. 

    Not me. Nowhere did I say anything slightly alluding to " all of Ford is okay ". So knockoff your feeble attempt at putting words in my mouth.

    0

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 minute ago, FordCosworth said:

    You're the one trying to argue something about Ford. 

    Not me. Nowhere did I say anything slightly alluding to " all of Ford is okay ". So knockoff your feeble attempt at putting words in my mouth.

    And you're the one trying to argue something about FCA and last time I checked, this was a sales thread for all brands. No one put words into your mouth. You are merely interpreting it that way while dishing out more petty insults so maybe you should heed your own advice. 

    0

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    8 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

    And you're the one trying to argue something about FCA and last time I checked, this was a sales thread for all brands. No one put words into your mouth. You are merely interpreting it that way while dishing out more petty insults so maybe you should heed your own advice. 

    In regards to FCA, there is nothing to argue.

    Their piss poor numbers speak for themselves.

    0

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    3 minutes ago, FordCosworth said:

    In regards to FCA, there is nothing to argue.

    Their piss poor numbers speak for themselves.

    Yes but not when it comes to Jeep. If it weren't for them, FCA would be official toast.

    And there is plenty to argue. Your agreeing with this is not necessary for it to be true. 

    0

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites



    Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

    Guest
    You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
    Add a comment...

    ×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

      Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor