Perfect Riviera on Ebay

zoomtm

My perfect Riv would be a black '71 boattail w/ no vinyl top, 455, Buick mags, narrow stripe whitewalls.  Big, bold, & beautiful.

A silver '63-65 would be my second choice.

Dude, you are speaking my language, totally. Right now I own a Bright White Diamond metallic over taupe '96 with chrome turbine wheels; it's on ice right now. I'm driving my 1979 Cadillac Coupe DeVille for the time being. But yeah, I'm definitely on the hunt for a '71 GS with buckets and a console; that's my top choice too, but I'd take any year of them with the exception of '86-'88, unless I could find some sort of super low miles '88 Silver Anniversary.

My perfect Riviera would be a 1985 white convertible with the dark cherry leather. I would like it equipped with the 3.8L Turbo, cast aluminum wheels, leather sport steering wheel, digital dash, electronic touch climate control, and memory seats. :) I'd also like a '63, '65, '73, '85 coupe, '88 T-Type, '89, '99, and and '99 Silver Arrow! :blink: That's all I want.

My perfect Riviera would be a 1985 white convertible with the dark cherry leather.  I would like it equipped with the 3.8L Turbo, cast aluminum wheels, leather sport steering wheel, digital dash, electronic touch climate control, and memory seats. :) I'd also like a '63, '65, '73, '85 coupe, '88 T-Type, '89, '99, and and '99 Silver Arrow! :blink: That's all I want.

Hah, well since we're naming all of the ones we want, here's my list....

-'63 GS

-'66 GS

-'70 GS with fender skirts

-'71 GS with buckets and a console

-'72 GS with buckets, a console, factory sunroof, and Max-Trac so it's super weird

-'73 GS Stage 1 (only year offered on a Riviera)

-'74 GS (last year there WAS a Riviera GS)

-'78 LXXV

-'79 S-Type

-'81 T-Type

-'83 XX

-'84 convertible

-'88 Silver Anniversary

-'96 Bright White Diamond Metallic with chrome turbine wheels (check!)

-'97-'99 Light Jadestone Metallic, supercharged, all the toys

-'99 Silver Arrow

One down, fifteen to go! :lol:

Such a shame. Even if it is a '73, no car of that nature deserves some bad 80's Miami Vice paint job. Interesting though, it looks very similar to the 1971 that Hot Wheels released this past year....

That's a crime against the automotive world. Jezzus why do peaople insist on eliminating chrome only to make everything monochromatic. :puke:

Posted Image

The last generation Riv was so beautifully designed.  Too bad the interior let it down in a big way.  Just too cheap for this type of car.  Part of GM's dark days.

The interior styling may be a let down to some, but it looks like it held up VERY well in this 11 year old car. It still looks new (minus the after-market wood trim package). The mid-90's weren't as dark as people want to believe. GM turned a new leaf with the new G-platform vehicles. :)

That's a crime against the automotive world. Jezzus why do peaople insist on eliminating chrome only to make everything monochromatic. :puke:

Posted Image

Do you understand the meaning of the word 'monochromatic,' because if you think it means 'without chrome,' it doesn't.

That Riv is about as unmonochromatic as you can get and not scald the retinas.

Maybe you need glasses then because this car burns my retinas just fine. And even if Sixty8 misused the word he still got the point across: body color bumpers and deleting exterior brightwork is an easy way to make a car look like $h!; very rarely do cars look good with things of that nature done. The 1970 Oldsmobile Cutlass Rallye 350 comes to mind as one that does, but that was factory. Toss the same car to some toothless mouth-breathing backyard hack redneck and watch it quickly turn into ten pounds of $h! in a five-pound bag; a fate much like that of the '73 Riviera we see here. I wonder if he knows his sister still would have had sex with him in it before he destroyed it...

Edited by XP715