What happened to pinned XP topic

it was pulled by the administration I think. For reasons i dont know yet. MightyMouse and Balthazer should make another one. with more pistures please!!!!

Guest YellowJacket894

I miss that topic.

I remember reading that GM had a XP-??? Bronco project from around 1964 or so. (It was named Bronco, correct? I know it was a small, two door SUV, probably meant to compete with the Scout or Ford of the same name.) Thought that was kind of neat.

I think the original Bronco came out in '66. I'd like to see pictures of that GM concept. Seeing old prototypes and design proposals is always entertaining. Not sure what the harm was, I was hoping to hear the reason as well. Edited by ocnblu

Guest YellowJacket894

I think the original Bronco came out in '66.  I'd like to see pictures of that GM concept.  Seeing old prototypes and design proposals is always entertaining.  Not sure what the harm was, I was hoping to hear the reason as well.

170123[/snapback]

Then that is a...rather strange coincidence. (And, yeah, you're right. The Bronco was new for '66. I guess it was a sole Scout competitor.)

Wow really ? I would like to recieve a PM from Balthazar on this one at least. Im more than disappointed, had a bit of effort into that one meself, but the overall effort was astonishing and it may have been the most complete history of GM's XP vehicals anywhere. That was one of the few good topics on this forum......................... :P

Guest YellowJacket894

The list is.... going someplace. I want to make sure it'll get there safely.

170189[/snapback]

It's going to be part of a website, if not a website itself...isn't it? :scratchchin:

Guest YellowJacket894

No- the intent is publication.

170260[/snapback]

Make sure you also find a paperback publisher for cheapskates like myself, Balt. :D

No- the intent is publication.

170260[/snapback]

Make sure it has huge, glossy press release photos from Wieck, words like 'colour' and 'realisation', inaccurate data, and two obscure TVRs for every American car like every other concept car book I've seen!

Make sure it has huge, glossy press release photos from Wieck, words like 'colour' and 'realisation', inaccurate data, and two obscure TVRs for every American car like every other concept car book I've seen!

170392[/snapback]

Now this one did go right over my head.......must of never seen these books, is there a story behind this ?

***There shouldnt be any inaccurate data if Balthazar edits it.

............Hey..............Ill do the spelling edit................... :blink:

Edited by razoredge

I miss that topic.

I remember reading that GM had a XP-??? Bronco project from around 1964 or so. (It was named Bronco, correct? I know it was a small, two door SUV, probably meant to compete with the Scout or Ford of the same name.) Thought that was kind of neat.

170110[/snapback]

XP-748 was a "Leprechaun" utility vehicle -LUV- hah.

Concept from the early 60s, which was refined and renamed blazer

shortly before production started...

Guest YellowJacket894

XP-748 was a "Leprechaun" utility vehicle -LUV- hah.

Concept from the early 60s, which was refined and renamed blazer

shortly before production started...

170437[/snapback]

That's it! Don't know why I thought the name was "Bronco."

Leprechaun...damn, I'm glad GM didn't keep that name for production.

170392[/snapback]

Not likely since Balthazar is not the typical a$$ clown who drives

an orange MG-B and preaches about the roadcorse superiority

of some one-off hand built exotic with a Fiat motor. :spin:

I was too in this instance... although occasionally I go

overboard on the Aurora "ribbage", still I hope the

XP list does not include any TVRs. 8)

Not likely since Balthazar is not the typical a$$ clown who drives

an orange MG-B and preaches about the roadcorse superiority

of some one-off hand built exotic with a Fiat motor. :spin:

171445[/snapback]

Nope.........Balthazar certainly is not this sites................ass clown