Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HarleyEarl

Jeep Patriot

15 posts in this topic

That looks very much production-ready. That also looks like someone did a bad job of photochopping a "rugged" background into a studio shot of the truck. -RBB Edited by RBB

Is that supposed to replace the liberty or is it an addition to the lineup either way I think it looks pretty good. FWD or RWD based?

Is that supposed to replace the liberty or is it an addition to the lineup
either way I think it looks pretty good.
FWD or RWD based?

[post="13095"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The Patriot and Compass will be built on the same platform as the Dodge Caliber.

The Patriot and Compass, if produced, would be the first front-wheel-drive vehicles for the Jeep brand

http://www.detnews.com/2005/autosinsider/0.../A06-272616.htm

Very sharp looking. I love the trad Olive color. I'd own one. Will it be available with a diesel? What engine choices will it have? I'm interested in reading more... *click*

EDIT: BLEH! I certainly hope there's going to be a true manual transmission available... I just saw the letters "CVT" and that turned me off bigtime...
Edited by ocnblu

Don't be confused by Patriot's car-based structure and AWD system. Latest from DCX is that the Patriot will be "trail-rated".....which means it conquers the Rubicon...! AWD systems (with the right tires) can be quite effective. BMW's new X-Drive on the new X3 and the revised X5 is a superior system off-road....it's only the performance-biased tires and stiff suspension's lack of wheel travel that keep it from going as far off-road as any Land Rover. The actual AWD system, however, is world-class. Jeep can do this too.....and will most likely equip the Pursuit with decent off-road tires, skidplates, etc.

They will be FWD "based", but notice they both have "4x4" badges on the back of them. I don't if that just means AWD, or an actual 4x4 setup.

I like it, too. Probably the only Jeep I'd give strong consideration to purchasing. Hopefully interior pics come soon.

now that is what im talking bout, thats a jeep, that compass is not. let jeep build this and let chrysler or dodge have that compass

Is that supposed to replace the liberty or is it an addition to the lineup
either way I think it looks pretty good.
FWD or RWD based?

[post="13095"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Both. The Patriot is almost as big as the current Liberty (about the same size as the Ford Escape), but the next Liberty will be bigger — closer in size to the Xterra and Saturn Vue — as shown by its Dodge Nitro sibling. DCX will claim the Liberty goes from a compact to a midsize SUV, and although that's a stretch it will be close enough to the bottom of the D-segment to be reasonable.

It will have transverse layout with an older 2.0 L diesel supplied by VW, even though DCX has a more modern and powerful unit built by Mercedes, and licences a similar design to both Hyundai and GM who will both have more advanced versions in their competing crossovers. Mitsubishi's version (the next Outlander) will also use a more advanced (Ford-Peugeot) diesel. Edited by thegriffon

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0