Jeep Patriot

Is that supposed to replace the liberty or is it an addition to the lineup
either way I think it looks pretty good.
FWD or RWD based?

[post="13095"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The Patriot and Compass will be built on the same platform as the Dodge Caliber.

The Patriot and Compass, if produced, would be the first front-wheel-drive vehicles for the Jeep brand

http://www.detnews.com/2005/autosinsider/0.../A06-272616.htm

Very sharp looking. I love the trad Olive color. I'd own one. Will it be available with a diesel? What engine choices will it have? I'm interested in reading more... *click*

EDIT: BLEH! I certainly hope there's going to be a true manual transmission available... I just saw the letters "CVT" and that turned me off bigtime...
Edited by ocnblu

Don't be confused by Patriot's car-based structure and AWD system. Latest from DCX is that the Patriot will be "trail-rated".....which means it conquers the Rubicon...! AWD systems (with the right tires) can be quite effective. BMW's new X-Drive on the new X3 and the revised X5 is a superior system off-road....it's only the performance-biased tires and stiff suspension's lack of wheel travel that keep it from going as far off-road as any Land Rover. The actual AWD system, however, is world-class. Jeep can do this too.....and will most likely equip the Pursuit with decent off-road tires, skidplates, etc.

Is that supposed to replace the liberty or is it an addition to the lineup
either way I think it looks pretty good.
FWD or RWD based?

[post="13095"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Both. The Patriot is almost as big as the current Liberty (about the same size as the Ford Escape), but the next Liberty will be bigger — closer in size to the Xterra and Saturn Vue — as shown by its Dodge Nitro sibling. DCX will claim the Liberty goes from a compact to a midsize SUV, and although that's a stretch it will be close enough to the bottom of the D-segment to be reasonable.

It will have transverse layout with an older 2.0 L diesel supplied by VW, even though DCX has a more modern and powerful unit built by Mercedes, and licences a similar design to both Hyundai and GM who will both have more advanced versions in their competing crossovers. Mitsubishi's version (the next Outlander) will also use a more advanced (Ford-Peugeot) diesel. Edited by thegriffon