Pimp my Prius?

Taking a page from the tuners, Toyota said a sporty Touring Edition of its popular Prius hybrid sedan will hit showrooms later this month, with a base price of $23,650, including a $580 shipping charge.

Link

The 2007 Prius Touring Edition will feature 16-inch alloy wheels, a larger rear spoiler, foglamps and high-intensity-discharge headlamps. A tuned suspension will be standard equipment. Toyota also raised prices for the base Prius by $450 for '07. The Prius will start at $22,755, including a $580 shipping charge.

No... this is dumb. It's a PRIUS. A car designed to NOT be performance oriented, designed to not show off excess and designed with modesty (although some owners contradict that) in mind.

Wow... 16 inch wheels and a small spoiler... I dunno what's sadder? The fact that Toyota conjured up this idea, or that people will likely buy it.

?  Nothing wrong with offering upgrades...an economy car doesn't have to be a bare-bones penality box...

177918[/snapback]

Have you driven one? The car is SO far from a performance car, a Corolla handles better, accellerates faster (at least it feels like it does, I don't know about 0-60 times). I can see adding 16" alloys as an option... but a suspension upgrade and a spoiler? It takes quite a while to get up to 60.

People don't buy the Prius to outperform people in anything other than emissions and fuel economy (which it doesn't do very well).