T1GHT WH!P$ TROPHY TRIVIA

Fly is kicking everyone's behinds right now... You guys better step

up & at least attempt an answer. This one should be easy enough.

Posted Image

Name this car including a basic list of specifications. :)

Shame on you guys... 10 hours and nothing. :P

O.B. is killing me. :lol:

I can't beleive none of the Camaro obsessed have not

identified this car. It's one of the best looking 1st gen.

Camaros and is historically significant.

1968 Dana Camaro

On the original paperwork, the car was ordered as a 3.73 posi, but it was changed by Dana to a 4.10 positraction rear end. The car came from Chevrolet factory painted with its original paint which is still on the car. It entailed a special order process in which Chevrolet painted it a different factory color other than which was available in the stock color choices. Frank says Chevrolet actually had to do a production stop in the assembly line to accomplish this. The color was referred to by the Dana sales people as "Chevy truck orange". He didn't recall the actual factory name of the color. In reference to this Camaro having the double dash paint code on the trim tag, some car enthusiasts are mistaken in the belief that it designates that a car was only sent from the factory in primer. This Camaro was positively painted orange by Chevrolet at the factory.

Per its invoice, it is equipped with an L71 tri-power 427 by Dana. The factory options are as follows: RS/SS, Muncie close ratio 4-speed, 3.73 posi, power disc brakes, special instrument package, custom interior, center console, AM/FM radio, tinted glass, light monitor system (i.e. fiber optic), LH outside racing mirror, and paint delete (i.e. special code on the trim tag designating primer only or special paint choice).

This is where Dana took over. Dana-supplied high performance equipment consisted of the aforementioned 4.10 posi rear, an L88 camshaft, lightweight clutch, traction bars, and Dana's trademark fiberglass hood.

Score one point for Olds Guy. :D

You went well above & beyond in your explanation.

I also did not know it was painted at the factory by

Chevy. This car shows up in a lot of books, web

sites & magazines.

Posted Image

Posted Image

WMJ: One of two 1969 Camaro ZL1-RS produced.

This car included ZL1 emblems & the rare bumperettes.