MyerShift Will Be in Your Future

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to let you know I have been accepted and will attend the College for Creative Studies in Detroit.

I will enter into Transportation Design.

I guarantee someone will be driving my design(s) one day.

I so excited.

Sweeeet. I just came back from my sister's graduation at Art Center College of Design, Pasadena, where there were a few transportation design graduates. I took pics of their grad show last night, which I'll post later.

182320[/snapback]

Please do...I take it we will be seeing samples of their work.

Congrats, Steve. You'll be happy to know that Chris Pauwels also attends CCS. Lots of luck to you.

Very cool, dude. I probably would've went into design, but I hate art classes because of a past experience lol

182630[/snapback]

I hated art (and most architecture classes - which I do for a living) because of all the 'effin weird creative types in there....and, according to my grades and reviews, I was regarded as having talent.

My question: does one have to be an introverted socially inept weirdo to design stuff: buildings, toaster ovens, cars, whatever? <_<

At any rate, best of luck and ENJOY. College is a time to learn and have fun in the process.

My question:  does one have to be an introverted socially inept weirdo to design stuff:  buildings, toaster ovens, cars, whatever? <_<

182975[/snapback]

Oh, that's why the Japanese are so into design (hell, they even combined toaster ovens and cars with the xB)! :pokeowned:

:smilewide:

Edited by NOS2006

Sorry, it's been ahwile since I've been on...

But thank you all.

I am so excited about this.

I leave the second week of January to start classes.

I just love art. I took art courses all 4 years of high school, and always enjoyed it through elementary.

I don't know about socially inept, I'm just not the biggest people person, lol. I am definitely "weird", but very likeable in most instances. Some are unable to swallow my personality/quirks, but, that's okay. Everyone has their own opinions and views.

Also, I was thinking... maybe after my career launches in the next, oh, what... ~4.5 years, I was considering the possibilty of being schooled for business management. I would like to run a company, it'd be so stressful and hectic! Sure would keep me busy.

Some of my ideas are: start my own design firm (like the firms of Europe), coax investors into me starting my own automotive corportation (American or Canadian based) which would be exceptionally difficult and probably not worth the time, or just eventually "take over" an existing company for which I have a passion for.

Of course, I would love to style AND engineer a whole automobile... sigh, so many ideas, so much passion, so little time, so little money.

Hey maybe Ill see you there in 2 or 3 years hopefully. Tell me how it is there because I plan to go there. BTW, how hard was it to get accepted. I am worried I won't because I heard it was tough. BTW I am a pretty introverted person. I don't talk much unless it is about cars. I like being by myself and I am usually very shy. That might support your conclusion Trinacriabob. I have always been like that but I just dont know why. People don't hate me or anything for it. Everybody in my grade knows me for my interest in cars and they have seen my drawings.

Edited by american_revolution_2005

At the open campus I went to in February (2006), they looked over my portfolio, told me what to work on, what they liked, and what they didn't like. They gave me suggestions.

They also told me they only accepted something like 25 out of 150 applicants a year.

Then, after applying early August, I took back my slightly revised portfolio, ACT scores, and High School Transcripts.

The whole interview, portfolio review, and acceptance only took like, 15 minuetes, I swear. It seemed so much easier than what I had imagined. So, for me, it was easy to enter. I was so excited, and they told me that they appreciated seeing enthusiastic students.

~No hard plastics~

Oh, definitely. As long as I can convince the bean counters. Looks like I mgiht just have to control everything from start to finish :AH-HA_wink: .

And, if I work for Chrysler like I want, I will take away this current, awkward, and heavy handed styling.

Edited by MyerShift

Ok. Do they let you go in at the open campus even if you're in Grade 11? I'll have to go see what I'll have to work on. I always doubt myself when I complete something. Everybody tells me they're good but I am getting tired of that. I would like them to critique them instead of just say they're good. I have had maybe 2 people tell me what they really meant other than on C&G. Because of that I feel like I wont get accepted in because I will have something wrong.