Blue Devil..?

NOS2006

If it is the same one on Automobile magazine's web site [the link here is not working to see what you have posted] it is along the lines of what I have been hearing to expect.

Unoffical word out of GM has been to expect a road going C6R like road car 650 HP appox. The last I heard the target weight goal was now listed at 2,900 pounds.

The aero package on this car was going to be heavily modified much to handle the additional MPH top end the car would have.

Posted Image

This may be a chop but I would expect something not to far removed from this.

This will be one Chevy that will be respected world wide!

No they won't, they will say it has too much wind and engine noise at 210 MPH.

184605[/snapback]

... air planes have a lot of wind noise...

and quite frankly i'd be happy to have that problem... going 210 mph...

but the 2002 camaro ZL1 660hp was capable of 225 if i remember so i dont think the corvette ought to be too far away from that...

I sure hope we don't see something like this in person. Maybe it's just a bad chop, but it really uglies up the Vette. Too Ferrari/Viper esque for my tastes. Maybe get rid of all the vents on the top of the fenders and change the same of the air inlet on the rear qtrs to an original shape and it could be okay. It's definitely aggressive and one mean SOB, but its too homemade hodge-podge looking to me.

Well the performance should be near the C6-R. The present Z06 is 400 pounds heavier and 100 HP shy of the present racer.

The Devil should come in if reports are correct at about 100 pounds heavy and may have 35-50 HP more per than the racer. Add in the racer has more drag, lower gears and down force, I can see the street car having a higher top end than the racer.

This is comon in high end super cars. The Mclearen F1 street car was faster than the racer for all these same reasons.

I expect a 205-210 Top end as once you get to those speeds the drag is so much more harder to overcome. The new car will have better aero but not enough to climb the top speed by a lot more.

Now you 0-60 and 0-100-0 times will be killer. Those are usable real world numbers most owners will test themselves. Few will ever try the top end.

I sure hope we don't see something like this in person.  Maybe it's just a bad chop, but it really uglies up the Vette.  Too Ferrari/Viper esque for my tastes.  Maybe get rid of all the vents on the top of the fenders and change the same of the air inlet on the rear qtrs to an original shape and it could be okay.  It's definitely aggressive and one mean SOB, but its too homemade hodge-podge looking to me.

186725[/snapback]

well thats pretty much what the C6R looks like... so... it doesnt even look like a chop to me...

http://seriouswheels.com/pics-2005/2005-Ch...p-1920x1440.jpg