Great XLR Review

chevelle454

Almost flukey in it's positivity. Off his meds??

>>"it may be the best car built in America, period."<<

Lookie: both a compliment and a disclaimer! The positives are quantified by 'by General Motors' or 'in the U.S.'; the negatives are always compared worldwide.

190510[/snapback]

I don't know why you're complaining. Would you rather have him not compliment the car at all?

I'm complaining because his approach (at best) is ridiculously outmoded and the playing field is still on a crazy tilt.

I don't remember about which vehicle a recent writer's article stated: 'a good choice if you must own a domestic' {paraphrase}- WTF is that S? Why are some writers still practicing segregation? It's BS.

I'm complaining because his approach (at best) is ridiculously outmoded and the playing field is still on a crazy tilt.

I don't remember about which vehicle a recent writer's article stated: 'a good choice if you must own a domestic' {paraphrase}- WTF is that S? Why are some writers still practicing segregation? It's BS.

190867[/snapback]

Car and Driver comparo between the XLR-V, new Jag XKR, SL65 (or maybe 55), and a couple other cars. The XLR-V got that disclaimer.

Ya see, this is a really creative new twist on journalism. You compliment just one American car, then with the remainder of your statement you can qualify all other American cars as heap piles. Man............that is so cleaver.........went over nearly everyone elses head. Its that subliminal message thing.

"puts all others to shame"

So this 100,000 dollar American car aint bad for an American car but the rest are to be ashamed of. OK I get it, Im so glad he pointed that out, for a second I though American cars were at least OK but now I see the truth.

:pbjtime:

Hate to see the bad review comments.

It's a complimentary piece....does it need to be broken down into syllable by syllable analysis?

9-3 review right below it also was glowingly positive, even going so far as to prefer the Saab to the BMW 3....

Let's move on from the media bias mindset and produce product they can't disparage!

It's a complimentary piece....does it need to be broken down into syllable by syllable analysis?

Let's move on from the media bias mindset and produce product they can't disparage!

There already is product they have little or no cause to disparage, but backhanded disparaging still continues. And my comment was not a systematic analysis of the piece, merely a singular comment on the ancient mindset of the reviewer. Whether you see it regularly or not, it's also part of the problem and it needs to be corrected, not ignored.