Hyundai Accent SR Concept

Posted Image
Posted Image

Hyundai introduces Accent SR concept at Frankfurt

Hyundai has issued the following press release:

With the new Hyundai Accent due to be launched next year, Hyundai Motor Company elected to make a detailed exploration of the emotional, high performance and high tech potential of the new model. The result is the Accent SR -a refined, exciting and forward-looking concept car which provides a fascinating glimpse of future possibilities in this class.

As a concept car, the Accent SR is significant in demonstrating a new approach by Hyundai to a high-performance market segment which it has not corporately entered in the past. The internal designation of the car is SR and the chassis, engine and styling take the car firmly into up-market grand tourismo territory.

With the new Hyundai Accent due to The Accent SR measures 4,035 mm (L) by 1,745 (W) and 1,470 (H).

Integrated front, and rear roof spoilers, together with stylish deep sill side spoilers give it a distinguished and purposeful look.

Much thought has been invested in the characteristic way in which the frontal treatment blends grille, headlight clusters, character lines and A pillars into a charismatic and powerful stance.

The suspension is lowered and widened, and the car rides upon custom designed 18 inch alloy wheels with 225/40R profiled tyres.

Extended wheel arches front and rear are unified by a strong shoulder line moulding, while side air vents draw cooling air into the rear wheel arches.

The rear treatment, blending the roof spoiler into the rounded hatchback top, features an extension of the lower side sills on either side of the aperture bearing the twin oval tailpipes.

The rear passenger windows are also upswept to meet and compliment the rear spoiler line, evoking some of the greatest GT cars of all time.

The result is attractively modern, well-tempered, aggressive elements.

The clear lines and highly succinct outline are further highlighted by the use of pearl white paint, complemented by clear glass, black bezel and aluminium cylinder light clusters both front and rear.

Leather covered sports seats, door inserts and a leather rimmed sports steering wheel set the style for the driver.

The instruments are prominently clustered and rear-radiation lighted for ideal driver visibility and readability.

Aluminium pedals and inserts further add to the highly sporting ambience.

The wraparound fascia includes an integrated 8 inch graphic display screen, and 3 USB 2.0 ports for multimedia use.

The lighting in the central console and fascia is modulated by the use of high-glossy and matt black materials.

Touch screentype controls activate electric windows, mirrors, seats etc, which are LED backlit for optimum convenience.

A surround system of airbags introduces curtain airbags to the Accent range for the first time.

The result is a powerfully impressive and fully unified interior, guaranteed to arouse the emotions of any committed driver.

The new Accent suspension, featuring MacPherson strut front with new torsion beam rear suspension has been further refined and tuned for the Accent SR.

The result is a chassis which can easily handle the unspecified, but high, power and torque output of the 2.0 Turbo engine for which the car was designed.

Transmission is via a 5-speed automatic gearbox.

Technologically the car features, among other innovations, ESP, motor driven power steering (MDPS), and a tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS), which will almost certainly be carried over to the incoming new model range at various trim levels.

Overall length 4,035 mm Power Train 2.0 Turbo engine

Overall width 1,745 mm Transmission 5-Speed automatic

Overall height 1,470 mm Tires 225/40R

Wheelbase 2,500 mm

2005-09-14
AutoIndex.org Edited by HarleyEarl

Wow, it looks... good. Actually it's downright handsome for a subcompact. Much better than a Civic Si, Golf, Corolla or Ka...

Hyundai is starting to worry me more and more.  If they keep bringing out good cars like this and the Sonata, there is no stopping them.  It is amazing how they have improved over the years.

[post="14563"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

my thoughts exactly, the bigger auto makers better watch their asses if hundai keeps this up

Good. To the best of my recollection the South Koreans did not bomb the f*&$ out of Pearl Harbor in a Terrorist Attack/declaration of war. I'd rather have Hundai gain market share than the Japanese. Yes I "went there". I'm not a big fan of P.C.ness.

Good.

To the best of my recollection the South Koreans did not bomb the f*&$ out of Pearl Harbor in a Terrorist Attack/declaration of war. I'd rather have Hundai gain market share than the Japanese.

Yes I "went there". I'm not a big fan of P.C.ness.

[post="14661"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I can't believe you still use Pearl Harbor as an excuse to not liking the Japanese... I do too, actually... but it's more or less because my birth is on December 7th. How nice, huh? :P

Good.

To the best of my recollection the South Koreans did not bomb the f*&$ out of Pearl Harbor in a Terrorist Attack/declaration of war. I'd rather have Hundai gain market share than the Japanese.

Yes I "went there". I'm not a big fan of P.C.ness.

[post="14661"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Dude, if Pearl was terrorism, then so was the Battle of Taranto, the Doolittle Raid, and high-altitude carpet bombing in Vietnam. Just because there was no impending warning of the actual battle doesn't make it terrorism. There was a formal declaration of war and not only that but years and years of growing antagonism between us and the Japanese.

Posted Image
Posted Image

You've Really Never Seen a Hyundai like This Before

http://www.auto123.com/en/info/news/protot...spy?artid=49133

"You've never seen a Hyundai like this before." As often as quoting a tagline for a commercial is cliché in the world of journalism, I couldn't resist adding this one, simply because I - or you, for that matter - really haven't seen a Hyundai like this before. The Accent SR Concept adds a whole new dimension to the recently updated Accent, and justifiably has been causing commotion in Frankfurt and across the world. It should make Hyundai rather proud.
(more in link)

Hyundai is starting to worry me more and more.  If they keep bringing out good cars like this and the Sonata, there is no stopping them.  It is amazing how they have improved over the years.

[post="14563"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I agree. They have been doing really well for themselves. They still don't make anything I would buy, but it is starting to seem that it is only a matter of time before they do.

As far as the Accent goes, looks pretty good. Ford better be working on the next Focus.

David

Dude, if Pearl was terrorism, then so was the Battle of Taranto, the Doolittle Raid, and high-altitude carpet bombing in Vietnam. Just because there was no impending warning of the actual battle doesn't make it terrorism. There was a formal declaration of war and not only that but years and years of growing antagonism between us and the Japanese.

[post="14975"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Are you kidding? They were in Washington DC days before talking about peace in the Pacific. Pearl Harbor WAS terrorism. WE were NOT engaged in WWII as of Dec. 7th 1941. If someone tells you otherwise they've probably watched the Ben Affleck movie a few times too many which was IMHOa bit too sypathetic to the Japanese.

Wow...I mean...wow. My wife likes little commuter cars like the Civic hatchback. She would absolutely love this car if it had everything to offer, inside and out. Knowing Hyundai, it'll offer nearly twice as much as Honda for less money. Such rapid growth and gained interest. The way I see it is that going from a laughable car company to one that has been receiving such praise and interest in such an extremely short period of time is abolutely commendable. They're definitely earning market share by doing things right - through their product. Honda and Toyota rely solely on consumer ignorance to product loyalty. Hyundai will back their shit up! Sure, the home-front market has something to worry about; however, I'd love to see Hyundai plant a giant footprint on HonToyo's ass as they shout to "move it or lose it". Go Hyundai!

[post="14975"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

way to show some respect, asshole. i cannot believe you just defended the bombing of pearl harbor. go back to russia, commie.

youre a DICK, in the purest sense of the word

way to show some respect, asshole.  i cannot believe you just defended the bombing of pearl harbor.  go back to russia, commie.

[post="22873"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

See, I underlined the parts where I defended the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor...

...oh yeah. That's right. I didn't

Thanks for the enlightened comments about me, though. 'Preciate it. :rolleyes:

way to show some respect, asshole.  i cannot believe you just defended the bombing of pearl harbor.  go back to russia, commie.

[post="22873"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Hey gramps, the Cold War ended 15 years ago. Now shut the piehole and stop acting like you know because you don't. You don't know Fly, you clearly don't know much about Pearl Harbor and you barely have a grasp of Communism, your knowledge limited to its ties with Russia. This is a car forum, not an attack forum. Now go smoke some pipe tobacco, put on some Jergens, and take a nice long nap in your rocker until you CALM DOWN! Edited by Croc

That's a tight little hatchback. Compare that to the rust bucket, oil-burning Excel of 20 years ago. Hyundai has learned very quickly how to make an appealing car. Edited by ocnblu