What happened to this web site?

usa1

Cheers and Gears used to be constantly updated with new information and articles. For the last several months, it's been fairly static with old news article. There used to be a real rivalry with GMInsidenews on who would beat who to the news. What happened?

I like getting GM and car industry news from several sources and have enjoyed visiting Cheers and Gears in the past.

Mark

I'll take my share of the blame.

This summer I had a job that ate up a lot of my time and energy and I just recently started my college classes again which, while not as time-consuming as the job was, still cuts in on the free time I have nonetheless.

I've said in the past that I would try to do better but only recently do I feel I really have. I know I used to do a lot better as far as the news goes.

All I can say is I'll continue to try to do my best and hope to improve in this regard.

-Variance

(Signed so you know I'm serious. :AH-HA_wink:)

Cheers and Gears is updated with news stories and articles multiple times a week, if not a day. We have a whole section devoted to member articles and car reviews that sess lots of action. As for the rivalry with GMI, let's just say we're not concerned with it. We're most interested in making C&G the best that it can be - continuing what made it so great in the first place, but coming up with new ideas that keep it from going stale.

Of course, if you have a suggestion for an improvement or a feature that you'd like to see, please let us know. :)

Thanks for the information. My feedback would be to update the front page more regularly. The "Top Stories" and the "Hot Topics" are what I check the most. I don't go into the forums if I don't see new items on the front page. Could me my issue, but it's how I've browsed in the past.

Thanks for the your efforts on this site. It's appreciated by GM enthusiasts like myself.

Mark

Most regulars have the forums bookmarked, so they dont notice the front page. I agree that it needs to be updated, if nt daily, then anytime a big story comes out. And C&G doesn't need to worry about GMI, its www.thegmsource.com that we need to worry about. Its going to be a huge site, nevermind the little fact that there has been ONE (1) post over there in the month of September.

I think we've been updating rather frequently over the past few months, especially with our new frontpage format. Instead of one Top Story every now and then, we run C&G: This Week, with a story every day or two. These are then archived in the C&G Top Stories thread for a week-by-week recap of what's been going on.

As far as the Hot Topics, we try to update those daily with news that's not as 'great' as would go on the headline banner. Naturally, GM Hot Topics get updated more frequently than Other Guys Hot Topics.

You can blame this week on me. I've been in the process of moving and I've finally settled down in the new house with our cable television and internet being reconnected. Expect frequent updates once again. :):CG_all:

I belong to about a dozen forums... C&G is not only

my home on the internet but about 70% of my

time on the web is spent right here on this very site.