I'm Pretty Excited...

NOS2006

I want to look 5 years into the future and see what treasures are sitting inside GM's walls right now. With all this speculation on engines, upcoming models, and now transmissions.. one's got to wonder. Chevy's getting a whole new face within the next year or two, Zeta will be debuting full-force, an 8-speed-automatic is in the rumor mill, Cadillac will be twice the company it is now, and GM's really cracking the whip on quality all across the board. Damn, I keep hearing new rumors and things "within the walls" and it just gets me antsy.. like that speculated 3V V8 and the "experimental 470 HP engine" found inside a CTS-V. And then with DI coming about and us hearing about 300+ HP V6 engines.. how effing insane!

Alright, maybe I'm crazy, but damn it I'm excited as hell for GM!

I'm definitely excited for GM's future and glad I've been a 100% supporter since I started driving in late 1991. I agree with you NOS and ocnblu that it really is a great time to be a GM enthusiast. And while some naysayers here will bring up current vehicles, NOS did say in the very beginning that he wonders what GM will look like 5 years from now.

Croc, I already sat in a 2007 GMC, oops I mean Pontiac :P , Torrent and I like the new interior 100 times better. The dash layout, added features and new styling have improved the Torrent enough that I would seriously consider one if in the market (I think I'd wait for it to become a GMC though!).

Nothing's wrong with it.  It looks better than the Cobalt, and is probably the best, most competitive vehicle in the Pontiac lineup, pending my inspection of the refreshed Torrent.

191316[/snapback]

Are you sure you're not forgetting something:

Posted Image

I too share the excitement. It's amazing that this time last year we were worried about whether or not there would still be a GM to talk about. Not only does that look to be the case, but it looks like from MY2007 forward they;ll be kicking ass and taking names.

I want to look 5 years into the future and see what treasures are sitting inside GM's walls right now. With all this speculation on engines, upcoming models, and now transmissions.. one's got to wonder. Chevy's getting a whole new face within the next year or two, Zeta will be debuting full-force, an 8-speed-automatic is in the rumor mill, Cadillac will be twice the company it is now, and GM's really cracking the whip on quality all across the board. Damn, I keep hearing new rumors and things "within the walls" and it just gets me antsy.. like that speculated 3V V8 and the "experimental 470 HP engine" found inside a CTS-V. And then with DI coming about and us hearing about 300+ HP V6 engines.. how effing insane!

Alright, maybe I'm crazy, but damn it I'm excited as hell for GM!

191169[/snapback]

I to am excited about the direction GM is going as I am a new fan after buying the Tahoe. I never thought I would buy American, but the Tahoe changed that for me. I was wondering where you got you're information, as I hope it is all true as I want GM to kick major ass!

I to am excited about the direction GM is going as I am a new fan after buying the Tahoe. I never thought I would buy American, but the Tahoe changed that for me. I was wondering where you got you're information, as I hope it is all true as I want GM to kick major ass!

191594[/snapback]

Other than about 4 Camaro websites/forums, this is the only forum I visit :AH-HA_wink: Everything I hear about the industry comes from cheersandgears.com, baby!

191594[/snapback]

How many years have you been driving non-domestic vehicles?

...it competes in a segment of 3...and that isn't enough for me to call it "competitive."

Did not Ford, Chevy/GMC & Dodge compete in the pick-up market against each other for decades and decades and decades? Was that not 'competition', either?

Solstice is a critical, consumer and physical success story, eating heavily into mazda's corner on the market. It competes extremely well, thanks.

It only takes 2 to tango.

How many years have you been driving non-domestic vehicles?

191632[/snapback]

Posted Image

3 years too long we have 2 jettas that I regret buying, one the 2000 (POS) getting rid of it soon. and the 2003 we will drive for a while, but I had an 89 Jeep Cherokee, and now I am a Chevy fan as I absolutey love my 07 Tahoe LT!

I can't stop talking about my truck!

Edited by XM DUDE

Very cool. My dad's almost 42.. I've been trying to fit my parents into a Yukon, Tahoe, or Acadia once their Durango lease is up. However, I know he wants to get himself a "project car" now that I'll be out of the house and my sis will be a little older and more on her own (she'll be 16 when the Durango lease is up). Well, actually, my dad's Grand Prix is going to be my sister's.. so he'll probably end up with a "project car" and an SUV.. Who knows. But my mom's obsessed with the Saturn Sky now lol.

Anyway, pretty cool to see a middle-age guy switch to GM and be so passionate over it. :thumbsup:

Very cool. My dad's almost 42.. I've been trying to fit my parents into a Yukon, Tahoe, or Acadia once their Durango lease is up. However, I know he wants to get himself a "project car" now that I'll be out of the house and my sis will be a little older and more on her own (she'll be 16 when the Durango lease is up). Well, actually, my dad's Grand Prix is going to be my sister's.. so he'll probably end up with a "project car" and an SUV.. Who knows. But my mom's obsessed with the Saturn Sky now lol.

Anyway, pretty cool to see a middle-age guy switch to GM and be so passionate over it. :thumbsup:

191640[/snapback]

Well I am very patriotic and I really believe in buying American, The VW's were temporary insanity, but it is all GM from here out!