We Take Life For Granted

Farkas

Last night, my best friend got into a head-on collision.

Her parents called me at like 7.30 and were like "Julie* got in an accident", and I was like "I'll be at the hospital as soon as I can."

So I get there and wait around for like 4 hours and finally get to see her because she was being released. I was so happy to see her alive, I started crying and she was crying, and everyone was crying. And then I said how lucky she was and how I needed to go, but I'd come over to her house and we'd talk.

So I went over this afternoon and she told me all about it. She said it was her fault. She was trying to pass someone on a 2 lane highway, and that she mis-judged the space and time she had. Then she swerved and then corrected as to not get hit, but got hit right directly where she was sitting.

Luckily a nurse was right behind her in traffic and rushed over to her car ans started talking to her so she wouldn't black out.

As for injuries: A few cuts on her face and stitches near her left eye where the windscreen fell on here. Also because of the glass, some of the skin on her arm got sliced off. The dashboard also pushed itself in and gave her a nasty cut on her leg. She is doing well though, and for that I am extremley happy.

Here is her car: A 1997 Volvo 850

Before:

Posted Image

Stock Photo

After:

Posted Image

* Not Real Name

Edited by Farkas

She is doing well though, and for that I am extremley happy.

Good ... glad to know she is doing well, even after that ordeal.

But, you're right ... too often, we take life for granted ... and only find out "too late" how fragile it is.

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

chdQB = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/quilt.html

"My arms are wide open & will always be" ... Emerson Drive ... 'Fall Into Me'

A longtime friend of the family was in a nasty wreck a few months ago...

We were just happy he was ok...

he was caught smashed in the left rear as someone in a ram van chose to blow though a clear red light...

Besides a broken wrist and getting a bit beat up...he was fine

His cavalier looked like someone rolled it or something...

He changed for the better after it too..