Do you support Unions?

lakefire

Do you support Unions?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support Unions?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure / Depends

You gotta be kiddin me. More than half the people on this site arent old enough to have seen the BS that goes on it the workforce and the other half is white collar oriented. Im sure the results will be just as you want them. 1877. poll. Sent only to white Americans "Do you support Indian Reservations" 1840 poll. Sent only to Southern white people "Do you support slavery"

Sincerely yours, Union Josh. I have to agree with the 'Edge on this one. Also Unions do not controll any company. They propose an agreement to which the CEO signs off on. News to you, isnt it? Not really, just the truth you wish to ignore. Truthfully we could all sit here and debate whether Unions are good or not. I will however say things were not this bad 7 years ago.

OK actually truth is some of the purpose of UNION or organized labor some would agree with but the nonsence they will disagree with. ' Therein lies the problem with Unions. I sure hope they get controll over this one day but its so hard to change people and they influence the next generation, it just gets ugly. Same thing happens in the silver spoon districts too.

And you know what, unions are still gaining control in certain sectors where people are having a hard time dealing with their employer. Hell, there are companys that unionize their own company with their union of choice. Namely CUSP in Ontario, CLAC in most of Canada. They are unions that allow workers to voice a common opinion but they don't give the workers the power for work stopages. Most unions don't even consider them unions.

I'm not necessarily against it... but I feel there needs to be limitations and such. Especially with the UAW. Talk about too much power... As it stands, the General's weakest spot because of that. For the most part, though, it just depends. Some unions are overpaid, some underpaid; some have too much power, some not enough power. That's where I stand.

I AM FOR ONE FOR UNIONS I wish i was a union employee but so many compinies are droping ther union. like my brothers company went bankrupt so they could pay there employees 7 dollars less an hour and get more clients cheaper because they dont charge as much! I could go on and on but you dhould pray young ones that you work for i union cause in the near future im goin to union before its to late. none of that bullshit that companies say no raise this yeat or no bonus this time. I AM FOR UNIONS. (PERIOD)

I agree the little guy needs protecting - to a point. But when it becomes a case of the tail wagging the dog - no. Government unions are a menace because in many cases there is no competition for their services and the belief is there that government are a deep trough of money. If you really get into the theory of it, the workers controlling the company is pure Communism. Capitalism dictates that labor is just another commodity and should be liquid, transferrable and expendable. Obviously, somewhere in the middle lies the perfect society. And we ain't there yet!