Loitering at the Dealerships

I was out and about today and did a walk-about through some dealerships. Here are my impressions: 1. Nissan Skyline: as I was walking across street to the dealership, this car comes up to the stop sign looking like nothing more than a garden variety Nissan from the past. I glanced up and see someone in the 'passenger seat' and for a split second, thought, hell, there's no one driving that thing, no one in the 'driver's seat'. I had to chuckle, it was a right-hand driver, probably imported from Japan directly. I then realized it was a Skyline. 2. Pontiac G6 Coupe: it is very slick in person, but man, I am finding it hard to get used to that overly excessive wheelbase. It seems out of proportion to the car. Now , that was close up, I saw a black one from a distance and then it seemed to look better. 3. Chevrolet Impala LTZ and SS: This car is great in photos and even better in the flesh. I like everything about it. This car deserves to be a huge success. GM has to get the message out about this car. Why anyone would even consider one of the Japanese family sedans is beyond me. The interior is so good. I am totally impressed by the new Impala. Please, if you hear of someone looking to buy in this market, let them know what Chevy has...it's a gem. 4. Chevrolet HHR: It looks much smaller in person. I was slightly underwhelmed by it. It's a 'me too' car. Chrylser has one, GM needs one. It doesn't have that 'wow' factor when the PT Crusier was introduced. It could be because I have seen so many photos of the HHR in advance...if one was looking for a 4 cyl practical little car, then this has some extra personality I guess. The interior is on the cheap side. 5. Lincoln Pickup: coming up to it in profile, it looks too much like an F-150. The Cadillac pickup is recognizable from any angle. 6. Ford 500: Dull, dull, dull. Ungainly proportions. Dull. 7. From the used car file: I saw a 2005 Bonneville GXP in the lot and it had the most incrdible after market wheels. This car was absolutely stunning. Sexy, hot. Just some of my very quick initial impressions. Edited by HarleyEarl

Today I was at the Pontiac/Buick/GMC dealership. They have a whole load of G6 GTPs sedans and the new coupe. G6 GTP: the big wheels on this transform this sedan...it looks so much better..not so elongated. The multi slat sunroof is very neat, but I wonder about the weather tightness of it...could be problematic down the road...and that sunroof is very expensive. G6 Coupe: in the flesh this coupe is really a fastback, more pronounced than I had realized. Impressions: I didn't like the G6 early on...looked too narrow, but that GTP has me swayed....looked very sexy. I see many G6s...must be selling well. Does anyone know how the sales are doing?

the g6 coupe actually looks real cool in gtp form, the big wheels make up for the excessive wheelbase. From afar and in motion it also has a very cool profile, and definitely looks like a fastback. It's a hot car, I think it will do well, wish it came with the GTP rims all around, cause the GT rims suck on it.

7.  From the used car file:  I saw a 2005 Bonneville GXP in the lot and it had the most incrdible after market wheels.  This car was absolutely stunning.  Sexy, hot.

I've seen a couple of newer (cladless) Bonnevilles with the old school wheels like this:
Posted Image
Except they were the gold painted ones that you usually only see on mid-90's red Bonnevilles. Those, in gold, on a silver 2005 do not look good at all.

• 2 weeks later...
Was at the Chevrolet/Cadillac/Chevrolet Trucks dealership today. Saw these: Cadillac CTS-V: In black, o man, these are nice. Pictures don't do it justice. Gorgeous, muscular....HOT! Chevrolet SSR: usually I see these in loud colors like yellow or red. This one was in a sandy silver color and suddenly I saw this truck in a whole new light. It looked very classy. I think the SSR is a loud design and looks better in more subdued colors. Edited by HarleyEarl