Pics from Montreal

mustang84

More

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Graffitti art...people are paid to make these to keep "bad" graffitti off the streets

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Remaining part of an old defense wall that used to run the perimeter of the city before being torn down

Posted Image

The Travelodge we stayed at is the brown building in the left photo that says "hotel"

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

203866[/snapback]

The Cathedral is weak on the outside but gorgeous on the inside. Celine can get married in the main church, the rest of the world has to get married in one of the small chapels in the back.

I love that overpass that looks at the Convention Center with the freeway (Autoroute Ville Marie) buzzing underneath

The leaves look pretty green. I will be there in about 1 week.

Great pix. What a KICK-ASS city. If I was more resistant to cold weather, I think I would enjoy living there...after all, my friends call me the "welcome wagon" for foreigners....and there are lots of them in Montreal, right?

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Travelodge we stayed at is the brown building in the left photo that says "hotel"

Posted Image

203868[/snapback]

those Romanesque limestone rowhouses are cool, but I like newer construction...I would be depressed living in something that musty and frumpy

Look at those cool buildings and the copper dome...I swear, Montreal looks especially good under gray skies...I don't know why

The Travelodge...AAARRRRGGGGHHHHH....not THIS time!

Don't tell me you didn't have a GREAT time!

Edited by trinacriabob

@ Bob:

The Notre-Dame was kind of strange. I wasn't expecting much when I saw it on the outside, but it was amazing inside. It's kind of deceiving...the interior is mostly wood, so you're not expecting it when you walk through the doors.

The leaves were starting to fall when I was there, but there were still some trees that had green in them so hopefully you'll get there in time.

@Ven:

No, we never went to the Village...not really my kind of neighborhood. :P Most of the nights we went out we were on St-Laurient or Rue Peel. St-Laurient seems kinda seedy during the day, but it really lights up at night.

@Croc:

I didn't really get any in my pics, but trust me, they were there! :AH-HA_wink:

They ALL have nice full asses. I swear it's in the drinking water.

203924[/snapback]

No. Thankfully not. They are on the thin side....European style. No big shoulders and calves to be seen...at least, not as many as you would see in a city in the heartland.

In this regard, Montreal is a lot more like Europe than America....NO FAT CHICKS.

Yeah, the girls weren't the corn-fed American types...they were all pretty slender.  After coming back and getting off the plane in Chicago, it was like stepping into another world.

204019[/snapback]

I agree. Don't get me wrong we do have fat people here but not as many as the states. You guys seriously have to raise the price of happy meals, hell if our food was as cheap as yours I'd be fat too.