2005 Cadillac DeVille convertible

Flybrian

Yeah, and strangely enough, they convert quite a few of these every year. Used to be mainly Eldorados, but when those ceased production, the Deville was the next best option...not nearly as popular, though, as would be expected for a larger and more commonplace 4 door sedan.

Here is the link to the 2006 DTS Convertible--it looks even better:

http://www.coachbuildersltd.com/2006dts-tu.html

A new DTS Convertible would look even better if it were converted to a two-door, with appropriate structural reenforcements--similar to the first generation Seville 'San Remo' Convertibles and Coupes (they featured a full-sized rear seat, were full length models, but had longer coupe-type doors, integrated into the bodystyle)--and had the longer doors. The only one I'm finding a link to now is shown here:

http://mclellansautomotive.com/photos/B28487.jpg

When the original Seville "San Remos" turn up for re-sale, they fetch a high price, as they were very well-constructed, hand-built, nicely done conversions. I think most were done from '77 through '79 models, not on the '76 versions. (The chopped two-seater conversions looked terrible.) The new DTS conversions are also offered by Newport Convertible Conversions, out of California. Full-sized Cadillac Convertibles have always been great! :)

Wow. That San Remo has very Rolls-like lines. Unexpectedly classy for an oft-neglected car. I still want a Coach Builders Eldorado as their style of doing the convertible top is far superior to others I've seen.

Thanks for the links and welcome to the site, by the way!

Funny you mention the "Rolls like lines." Remember, in its day, this car shared roadways like Worth Avenue and Rodeo Drive with the Rolls-Royce Corniche Convertible, and for thousands of dollars less money.

Notice that owners could personalize these models, making them one of few truly "Coachbuilt" vehicles of the modern car era, yet available at authorized Cadillac dealers. This particular Sable Black car with Saddle Leather Interior (standard Cadillac colors for 1978) has special front lights, interior with excessive leather appointments, and wood, and unique bodywork details, but each one I've seen is so very well executed, in my opinion. All of them featured the horizontal Eldorado Tail Lamp design, some in single row, some in double row. Sure wish I could add this one to my collection! :)