HarleyEarl

Harley's Triviama V

11 posts in this topic

really? I was going to guess Olds by the graphics.

Nah, it's based on a Pontiac Ventura. The ribbed tails, grille, and finely-finned wheel covers (all production) give it away. I'm interested in reading something on this one. I actually like the '75-'79 X bodies for some reason.

I just can't beat Balthazar's immense knowledge of concepts. I thought this one would stump everyone. :)

It's the Pontiac GTO concept:

Posted Image

Do you have any more info on it, Harley? Like the drivetrain? Was it a 350 or 400? Auto or manual? I'm interested.

I don't know that any powertrain specs were finalized. This proposal was very short-lived- these may be the only pics ever released (taken??) of it; they're the only ones I've ever seen, and only a few times at that.
Given that the '74 GTO was a 350 only (auto or manual), likely this one would've been the same.

If this car was based on the Citation, Ventura, Omega "X" body family, The engine that was introduced then was the narrow-angle V-6. It probably would also be in this prototype, if in fact it had an engine! The "X" family of cars, introduced in 1980 became notorious for having one of the most flexible frames around. They would bend just from hard driving!....... and in an accident, they would tear in half! These were all front wheel drive vehicles.

Yes, but this is a 1975 proposal, not an FWD '80s X-body. X-bodies from the mid '70s routinely ran 350s of their respective divisions.

I swear the 80s X-cars are too famous for the earlier versions' own good. In any case, when hooked up, a lot of 68-79 Xes are quite sexy.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room