Chrysler Targets Asian-Americans in New Ads

Variance

Chrysler Targets Asian-Americans in New Ads

Posted Image

Now that Chrysler feels it has the goods, it is going after the Asian market with its new Sebring.

Along with women, African Americans and Hispanics, Chrysler is targeting its marketing, which breaks with tv ads on Nov. 1, toward Asian American buyers.

This is a first for Chrysler and an experiment with measurements to see how Chrysler did, admitted Susan Thomson, senior manager of Chrysler global brand communications at the briefing of the new Sebring ads.

The Sebring will be advertised to Asian Americans on tv, in print media and on the Web in three Asian languages - Mandarin, Korean and Hindi.

Thomson said: “It's the first time we feel we've had a competitive vehicle” in the segment dominated by Asian brands with popular names like Honda and Toyota. With a total Chrysler brand market share that barely measures a 1 on the share Richter scale, Chrysler has no place to go but up in sales to Asian Americans, Thomson noted.

Read "Chrysler going after the Asian American audience" @ Edmunds Straightline

The Sebring will be advertised to Asian Americans on tv, in print media and on the Web in three Asian languages - Mandarin, Korean and Hindi.

210422[/snapback]

It's going to be painful to both the customer and the salesperson if a Korean American walks into a Chrysler dealership without knowing any English... Unless there happens to be a Korean-speaking salesperson on site.

We have advertising in Asian papers in my city... No biggie...

Hell, even our city's' political candidates distribute campaign material in English, Mandarin, Cantonese and in Indian.

As for a non-English speaker entering the dealer, chances are, they will bring in a person who knows English... and besides, they should be able to speak English anyway.

We have advertising in Asian papers in my city... No biggie...

Hell, even our city's' political candidates distribute campaign material in English, Mandarin, Cantonese and in Indian.

As for a non-English speaker entering the dealer, chances are, they will bring in a person who knows English... and besides, they should be able to speak English anyway.

210457[/snapback]

YES!!! :yes:

I agree. It's critical to learn English (or at least know Spanish, depending on region) to get by in this country.

210468[/snapback]

I agree with the first part, bt I refuse to learn spanish just to be able to communicate in this country. If they wanna speak another language, fine, but they should know English too.

YOu guys are dreaming. In areas where certain minority groups achieve critical mass (Markham, Ontario comes to mind), they simply don't need the rest of us any more.

Get used to it, boys and girls. In certain areas of both our countries, English is becoming rare, if not extinct. I have had many Asian or Muslim customers walk into our store and demand someone who speaks Cantonese, Farsi, or whatever. It was rare 5 years ago, but it is happening more and more.

A few of us were talking about this the other day and we realized that WE are the ones with the problem. In 20 years, those of us who are unilingual - even though we do speak fluent English, will be the ones at a disadvantage.

Stats Canada did a recent survey and were shocked to discover that recent immigrants weren't settling in as well as those that came before. Really?? Why is this news to everyone but the government?

When you can drive for blocks and blocks in certain sections of the city and there isn't an English sign in sight (and I am not talking about Montreal, either!) you know they aren't catering to us and don't care if we ever step foot in their place of business.

They're gonna have to try harder. Go to the parking lot of any 99 Ranch supermarket, and you'll be lucky if there are any new domestics at all. The last time I went, it was.... Honda, Honda, Toyota, Toyota, Toyota, Lexus, Honda, Toyota, Toyota, Lexus, BMW, Lexus, Acura, Honda, Honda, Toyota, Volvo, Toyota, Toyota, Toyota, Toyota, Mercedes, Toyota, Lexus.

What's hilarious is that inside the market, every shopping cart had CHEVY AMERICAN REVOLUTION ads, and there were Chevy posters everywhere else. It didn't work.

Edited by empowah