Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

07 HYUNDAI ELANTRA

regfootball

Lazy $h!...

http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/pw/07elantra.htm

As far as the character line along the side of the car goes, however, I may be in the minority, but it doesn't do much for me. I think it produces a somewhat dated look that shortens the car and shrinks the wheels. The difference between a flowing line and an expanding waist is surely subjective, but there you go. The back, front and interior, I think are terrific.

Someone finally puts it in print! Thank you!

Lazy $h!...

http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/pw/07elantra.htm

Someone finally puts it in print! Thank you!

210758[/snapback]

because its so hard to type canadiandriver.com

my favorite LOL moment was them trying to explain the curvy character lines as being inspired by the korean landscape or some korean architecture.

MEH! that's the same kind of baseless bull$h! that architects and architecture students pull out of their ass as an explanation for some sort of validation of design themes they had no idea on. they pulled something out from between their ass cheeks and try to intellectualize it into a valid reason.

in all honesty, though, the exterior did not turn out as horrible as i thought it would based on spy photos.

the interior while pleasant, is already dated. and the door panels and seats are wholly uninspired.

still, if its cheap and roomy, it will sell. the car this will steal the most sales from is the corolla. so in that regard I root them on.

i bet the interior smells like all the other korean cars do, some sort of mixture between urine and toxic chamicals. MMMMMMMMM, nice!

Edited by regfootball

The interior looks ok but the exterior is a forgettable mess! WHy does every damn new car that comes out have to copy the Asian bland theme. The previous Elentra had a protective door molding, why not this one? The shape just looks odd and bland at the same time. Hopefully this is not the current theme Hyundai will be using on there future products.

What's with those interior colors? Makes it look like $h!! The exterior...still sucks, and their "reasoning" behind it is nothing more than a load of crap, just like how "atrists" with no skill pull some meaning out of their ass to justify it.

Edited by Dodgefan

First off this thing looks like a 4 door version of a first gen Tiburon to me with those character lines and front end. Anyone notice the "Infiniti" interior? notice the steering wheel, the center stack....and with the digital HVAC screen shaped exactly like an Infiniti clock..... geez I thought the Sonata was a blatant rip off of the Accord, this thing looks like and old family member on the outside and a car that it could never dream of being on the inside :rolleyes:

Edited by Delta Force79