So I know what I said about my Eldorado, but.....

I know in the thread about my '67 Eldorado I said it would be the last old car I got for a long time, but.....

..... there's been an old car sitting down at my father's shop for the past decade. It belongs to a friend of the other owner of the place. It's always sorta been in the way no matter where it was put, and lately it's really been a nuisance because it's been sitting in the end of a building that needs to have a floor poured in it to be used for storage. The possibility of junking the car has come up a few times, but it never happened because its owner wanted to hang onto it. My father's friend told me he was going to the owner's house last Saturday to ask him one more time if he wanted to junk it. So I asked that if he was given the okay to junk the car, would it be okay if I were to just take it instead, to which he replied that would be fine. So Monday afternoon I'm over to start the Eldorado up and drive it around the yard when John (the guy who went to ask about the car) walks up to me and tells me he got the okay to junk the car, so I could take it. I was pumped! So what did I get for free, you ask?

Posted Image

A 1974 Lincoln Continental limousine! Silver with a black top and a black interior, 18-inch factory stretch with a divider window and two rear-facing jumpseats with separate AM/FM/8-track and only 62,000 miles! Runs and drives great; now all I need to do is get her to stop and she'll be roadworthy (relatively). Pretty swank, eh? :lol::lol::lol:

Hey XP... where can I get my very own Anal Dwelling Leprechaun?

Seriously, I had to pay $70 for a rotted out old '87 Mercury Topaz

for the demolition derby & you score a FREE 1974 Lincoln. And it's

a factory stretch limousine none the less. I'd love to get in on that

kind of good luck. Maybe you can find me a '59 Buick Electra 225

Riviera for like $250 in your travels... ahhh f*ck it, let's shoot for

the stars, any 1931 Cadillac V16 Dual Cowl Phaetons out there for

less than $3000 in mint condition?

is that a monte carlo wheel in good condition?  could i have to to replace a wheel that has been scratched somehow.    :lol:

213091[/snapback]

Good spot on the identification, but you don't want it. The picture's not big enough to show the nasty bend in the outer lip of it; the shop uses it to wrap a garden hose around in the warmer months :lol:

Good spot on the identification, but you don't want it. The picture's not big enough to show the nasty bend in the outer lip of it; the shop uses it to wrap a garden hose around in the warmer months  :lol:

213197[/snapback]

that's pretty funny. one of mine also has a slight bend in the rim (bead?), accidentally went over a median at night that was recently put in, but not enough to ruin it.

still that's a mammoth of a stock car lol

Sweet find. Update us with more pics when you get the chance.

So what all needs work on it? Whats it got for an engine? Are you going to keep the nifty white walls? DETAILS MAN! WE NEED DETAILS! :)

213277[/snapback]

The driver's side stretch panel is smashed in, but both doors are fine and close like new; I can beat it back out and do a little bodywork there; the rest of the car is incredibly solid. Needs paint, too. A good tuneup is in order, as is a carb rebuild and new vacuum hoses and stuff, but nothing major. I may get a new top for it if prices aren't retarded. Power is delivered by the mighty Ford 460. Will I keep the wide whites? Absolutely! The set that's on it now are like thirty year-old nylon tires, though, so this particular set will have to go. But not to worry; I think some BF Goodrich Silvertown Radials with a 3-inch or so whitewall are in order! :lol:

Excellent find, WMJ! People on the Professional Car Society forums are trying to help me identify a body builder and that photo's the best I've seen yet. It appears to be a '73, but still, it's a big help! Where's that brochure from? Is it for sale?