Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Autoweek Reviews the Outlook...

Wow.  Really nice.  GM really did thier homework on this one.

225341[/snapback]

Happy to say I completely agree.

GM can make class leading & superior product, which is something we've known but they've often not proven.

This vehicle (& its mates) has winner written all over it. The only criticism I could offer is the pricing: $43k for a Saturn? That might be a tough sell and seems to indicate that the Enclave will be creeping even higher, especially with a V8/Ultra model in the future. Are we going to see a $50k Buick?

true. though i'd also like to hear more in depth handling reports such as direct comparisons before declaring it a complete winner. great review. it does sound like it drives pretty nice, i'm just not sure the roads in Michigan can be all that revealing when it comes to handling, unless they took it to a test track and didn't mention it.

true. though i'd also like to hear more in depth handling reports such as direct comparisons before declaring it a complete winner. great review. it does sound like it drives pretty nice, i'm just not sure the roads in Michigan can be all that revealing when it comes to handling, unless they took it to a test track and didn't mention it.

225352[/snapback]

No one is going to be driving these things around the test track; these are family vehicles. They need to drive and handle well while running errands and ride well on the highway.

The fuel mileage was very good! That's 50% better than what the GTO gets!

At a price some 15 percent lower, it matched up well against an MDX also in our fleet recently.

Sounds like the Enclave will be spectacular! Unless the new Pilot is better than the MDX, the Outlook should be superior.

$44k is rather pricey for a Saturn, but I doubt that many buyers will go to the loaded-to-the-gills versions.

What does this mean for the Enclave though? $50k loaded?

Anyone else notice they mentioned a Chevy version to be named later? I thought it was just the trio(Saturn, GMC, Buick) that were going to happen. Unless I missed something along the way, I don't recall ever hearing about a Chevy version.

I also found the last sentence quite funny..."Now Outlook joins the mix, there's a new Vue on the horizon, and all that remains is to replace the Ion with an Opel to complete Saturn's transformation." I guess timing was a bit off, as we now know GM will have a US Astra to replace the Ion.

My big concern is really the price point. However as opposed to another poster above who makes a reasonable suggestion of the Enclave coming in at $50,000, where does this place the Acadia?

I was under the impression Saturn was the low end, GMC played mid range, and Enclave upper end. Now I'm wondering if because Saturn is trying to go against the Volkswagens and other Euro/Japanese markets, if this will put the GMC at the entry level? Odd because I personally think the GMC has more clout and a more luxurious interior. Any thoughts?

So that would then make the Chevy the low end, starting around $24K-26K? Saturn base XE model starts at $28K according to Autoweek. GMC is now where? Starting at 30K-31K for entry level base model?

There's also one heck of a swing in terms of Saturn's base model price to the fully loaded one. $27,990(XE base) all the way to $43,809(Autoweek's loaded XR tester). The base on the tester was only $32,290...They really get you on the options don't they. 10K in options, sheesh!