So I took the '98 Hawk out...

Camino LS6

...to get something to eat, and this grey-haired,Benz driving, back-up-before-looking, old bat damn near nails the front fender. If I hadn't reacted really fast it would have been ugly. As it was, I took a few seconds to stare into her mirror and use every expletive I could think of, remembering to mouth each one carefully in case she could read lips. :angry:

What the hell is wrong with people that the simple concept of looking where you intend to back-up before doing so escapes them?

The very first TrailBlazer we got at Chevrolet of Lowell was sold

about 2 hours after it rolled off the Peterbuilt's car carier. The

second one, & one of only a dozen in the area, March 2001 was

sold by me to my Manager's childhood buddy. It was a surprize

for his wife, after 3 hours of paperwork & registration he asked

me to drive it over to his house and give his wife her newest

present. On the way over to the house he pulled over at a small

town convenience and told me he'd grab a bottled water & he'd

do the same for me. I was programing the OnStar while on the

road and was about 90% done. My customer comes out of the

store and hands me a bottle of water, I tell the OnStar lady to

hold on for a minute so I can sefely pull back out onto the road.

I take the foot off the brake and as my foot touches the gas I

see a 1998 Eddie Bauer Explorer back up at about 20mph right

into my passanger side front fender.

The Lady gets out of her truck and asks me WTF I'm doing and

who I came outof nowhere...? I tell her I was there the entire

time she was in the store and call the cops.

Fu*king unreal!

Oh yeah.... I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune. Sux 4 sho.

People are so f@#king stupid. I can't name all the experiences I've had with stupid people.

Here's one: people who wait foreber to turn then pull out rigt in front of you...

Or people who pull right in front of you instead of waiting until you go by and there's no cars behind you.

Today some moron in a 1st gen CRV cut the corner of the turn she was taking and came dangerously close to the front end of my car. I blasted that horn, let me tell ya.

Like the stupid broad who backed into my car and later claimed she couldn't see it nor hear my horn blaring for a good five seconds?

226002[/snapback]

you need to move away from FL, fast. if there's any evidence that senior citizens drive worse, you've got it.

Well my personal observations are - that is the tecnique used by the rich. Whether they were driving Cadillacs 20 years ago or Benz and Beemers today, everyone will move out of their way.

Last night I had a pushy bitch in a beemer try to nose her way into the 5 ft space between myself and the car infront of me at a stop light. She was entering from a parking lot (OTB :rolleyes: ). Just so she wouldnt have to wait an extra 5 seconds for me to go first and clear the road. There was no traffic problem, no one behind me, she just needed to make sure her intentions came first......Well meet STEVIE.................BITCH! I pulled up another foot, she jerked ahead another foot, so I closed the door to within 2 ft of the guys bumper.......her jaw hung on the ground. "the audacity of those people in that...that...that....Oldsmobile. :angry: "

nothing would have pleased me more than have the bumper of that beemer crease the side of my keyed and paint tarnished - LSS.

Well my personal observations are - that is the tecnique used by the rich. Whether they were driving Cadillacs 20 years ago or Benz and Beemers today, everyone will move out of their way.

226064[/snapback]

Uh. I do a bunch of my work in a parking lot so I see lots of this crap, and it's not a technique of the rich. It's just basic stupidity.

Uh. I do a bunch of my work in a parking lot so I see lots of this crap, and it's not a technique of the rich. It's just basic stupidity.

226067[/snapback]

I didnt say only rich people do it. I was refering to their pushy or "nothing matters" driving tecniques. "Everyone...step aside! " years of this attitude creates someone that backs up without looking, pulls infront of people because you can do it, everyone knows the person will wail their brakes and never hit you so it doesnt matter if you cut them off. If they ram the bumper of thier expensive car up your butt and flash their lights while your in the fast lane already passing but they are going even faster, therefore you will hit your brakes, knock off your cruise control, drop your speed back, fall in line behind slower traffic just so Mr Highnmighty can make it on down the highway at 85. Just keep paying attention, maybe you'll see the tendency...maybe not.