The Mothertruck

Camino LS6

It's sooooo big! -thats what she said-

:rotflmao: X2

Actually the truck is pretty cool. The chassis has been sandblasted and painted, the engine is a brand new Goodwrench 4-bolt main EFI 350, the wheels are new American Racing alloys, it has a TH400 trans, and I have a boatload of new GM parts just waiting to go on it. The truck itself has something like 82k on it.

The 73-87 full-sizers are awesome, from a time when trucks didn't have to be anything other than trucks. My father has a 1983 Silverado with the 350 V8 that he put TBI and A/C in with factory GM components. We've used it to pull down trees and gazebos. It almost got a big block transplant when we had a travel trailer and it actually broke a sweat pulling it through the mountains. We ended up selling the trailer, so now the big block sits in our garage.

The 73-87 full-sizers are awesome, from a time when trucks didn't have to be anything other than trucks. My father has a 1983 Silverado with the 350 V8 that he put TBI and A/C in with factory GM components. We've used it to pull down trees and gazebos. It almost got a big block transplant when we had a travel trailer and it actually broke a sweat pulling it through the mountains. We ended up selling the trailer, so now the big block sits in our garage.

I would have to agree. I loved my dad's old 77 Scottsdale... before it rusted out and he took cheap spray paint to it. First flat black, then camo, then flat black again. :blink:

Very, very cool. Scallop side GM trucks are the quintessential trucks of my generation.

When I hear "huge pickup" this is exactly what I picture... late 70s/80s GMC/Chebby.

• 5 months later...

I've been weighing my options, and I may delay Project Camino a bit longer when the wagon is done so I can finish this one first. The lower level of the barn is looking a bit overstuffed right now, and the Camino job is going to need LOTS of floorspace so I think it makes sense to do this one first to make room.

Besides, this project is so close to being done it shouldn't take very long.