Will the 2008 Cobalt be in Detroit ??

Ive heard by a few that it will , but just wondering if anyone can confirm it ? Finding any kind of info on it is proving to be quite difficult .

The only 08 I heard of is at the Lordstown plant with w 260 HP Turbo.

I work with someone with family at the plant and they said they have a car there getting ready for next summers change over.

He said the car look much the same the SS. I asked what HP rating and he saidright now they are claiming the same as the Solstice at 260 HP.

I have no way to confirm any of this but it will be nice if it is true on the HP rating.

I was under the assumption that the turbo SS would come with the mid-cycle-refresh.

Could very well be?

When info comes from factory workers who really don't care about cars any more than just a job I am sure many detail were left out. That is why I left the last line "if it is true".

Right now they are mostly worried about what cuts will happen and if they get a new car in 2010.

The only 08 I heard of is at the Lordstown plant with w 260 HP Turbo.

I work with someone with family at the plant and they said they have a car there getting ready for next summers change over.

He said the car look much the same the SS. I asked what HP rating and he saidright now they are claiming the same as the Solstice at 260 HP.

I have no way to confirm any of this but it will be nice if it is true on the HP rating.

Nope, I'm pretty sure the Balt will be at chicago...

I hear they have a few 08s being tested now.....

THough I think that changeover is late this summer...

I'm pretty sure the new SS is that 260hp turbo...

It sounds like it gets the 08 malibu front end, nip tuck the sides, freshen up the rear, and update the interior.....

I hear they have a few 08s being tested now.....

THough I think that changeover is late this summer...

I'm pretty sure the new SS is that 260hp turbo...

It sounds like it gets the 08 malibu front end, nip tuck the sides, freshen up the rear, and update the interior.....

Any word on the 2.2 getting VVT?

Be nice if they made a 4 dr Turbo.....and an automatic one too. While there at it...6 speed auto and direct injection for the 2.4L

I hope it looks nice. I find that GM usually screws up the mid cylce refresh of their vehicles.

Then I hope you like the new Malibu, because it will somewhat look like that.... :pbjtime:

They should have both SS styles this time....

The Astra is on the list for Chicago ...still nothing for the Coby though . Maybe New York , hell I dunno :D

• 2 weeks later...

Then I hope you like the new Malibu, because it will somewhat look like that.... :pbjtime:

They should have both SS styles this time....

I seen the 08 Cobalt on the superbowl commerical last night and it looks just like the 08 Malibu in the front.. im thinking they could show it at the Cleveland auto show.. would be nice since they build it not far from Cleveland..

I seen the 08 Cobalt on the superbowl commerical last night and it looks just like the 08 Malibu in the front.. im thinking they could show it at the Cleveland auto show.. would be nice since they build it not far from Cleveland..

It's going to depend.

Rumor is they might push the refresh back till 2009...though that might not be a good idea...

If it does come out-it will be a later show...

That was not the 2008 Cobalt . That was a GM built Cobalt for the 2005 Sema show to promote the cobalt within the aftermarket .