Reviews: 2007 Honda Civic Si Sedan

Variance

Reviews: 2007 Honda Civic Si Sedan

Posted Image

In the end, the Si sedan is so good that it makes the Si coupe seem faintly pointless. Sure, there will always be a market for the Civic coupe's space-pod, two-door profile. But almost everyone else will appreciate the combination of practical packaging with foot-to-the-floor performance.

To find out which Civic Si is better for you, take this quiz. You use rear seats for: A) transporting Volcom hoodies and collecting empty Rockstar cans; B) you don't know what that means but still enjoy running the tachometer up to 8,000 rpm. If you answered "B," then the 2007 Honda Civic Si Sedan is your ride of choice.

The 2007 Honda Civic Si Sedan will make you believe that you can own a four-door car that you can use for your daily commute and yet still have fun on your favorite back roads over the weekend. The Si sedan has a raw, honest character that sets it apart from most modern cars. Yeah, it's a little rough, but it likes it rough.

Edmunds

Fly did you actually mean the Sedan? I think the coupe has a longer hood than the sedan.

I think i'd probably take the Si Sedan over the coupe just because of practicality purposes. I wasn't too fond of the stubby hood but I've gotten used to it now.

Fly did you actually mean the Sedan? I think the coupe has a longer hood than the sedan.

I think the sedan is better proportioned than the coupe. It has a short hood and short deck but gets away with it because its more 'balanced' with a huge cabin. Maybe its me.

In the end, the Si sedan is so good that it makes the Si coupe seem faintly pointless.

the coupe was pointless to begin with because it was a coupe.

Coupes in general 95% of the time make no sense.

If you're gonna buy a coupe, then jeesus, get a real coupe, not some wanna be coupe like a civic. The Civic coupe is a toy compared to a real substantial coupe.

Thank God the Camaro will come to market soon and save the day for those who want a REAL coupe.

Edited by regfootball

the coupe was pointless to begine with because it was a coupe.

If you're gonna buy a coupe, then jeesus, get a real coupe, not some wanna be coupe like a civic. The Civic coupe is a toy compared to a real substantial coupe.

Thank God the Camaro will come to market soon and save the day for those who want a REAL coupe.

So by your definition the M3 coupe is a toy compared to the 3-series sedan? I don't think so.

the coupe was pointless to begine with because it was a coupe.

Hmmmm.....I'm sure I could find a thread SOMEwhere with you singing the praises of the Cobalt SS/SC "coupe"

:scratchchin:

:AH-HA_wink:

The 3er coupe is more substantial, but I would argue that a 6er is far more of a 'real' coupe in the sense of obnoxious, pointless selfishness, which is really what a real coupe is all about. A two-door Civic is about economy and sportiness. A larger personal luxury coupe like a 6-Series, Eldorado, Monte Carlo, Mercedes SL, Mark VIII, first-gen Lexus SC, or Riviera is about excess. I just turned in an '07 Monte Carlo I had as a rental for the past week and even in that, you get a different feeling than driving a sedan.

The 3er coupe is more substantial, but I would argue that a 6er is far more of a 'real' coupe in the sense of obnoxious, pointless selfishness, which is really what a real coupe is all about. A two-door Civic is about economy and sportiness. A larger personal luxury coupe like a 6-Series, Eldorado, Monte Carlo, Mercedes SL, Mark VIII, first-gen Lexus SC, or Riviera is about excess. I just turned in an '07 Monte Carlo I had as a rental for the past week and even in that, you get a different feeling than driving a sedan.

Speaking of the `06 Monte Carlo, I sat in one at the auto show I went to. I have to say the interior materials are nicer than that of the Impala...but I still hate everything from the nose back on the exterior.

Actually I am not a huge monte fan but I like it because it is clean and modern from a visual standpoint. Dislike the interior of that car, tho.

As for the Civic it is very different and I kind of like it but I like the Golf Gti, Mazda 3, Mini Cooper S, etc. a little better.

Chris

Exactly. I just saw a new CL550 in black and it was a gorgeous example of excess and exuberance. I'd take a 3er sedan over a 3er coupe because buying a 3er "for style" is pathetic, except for maybe the cabrio.

the coupe was pointless to begin with because it was a coupe.

Oh ya, so what do you call the Cobalt Coupe?