the official I hate ROSIE O' DONNELL thread

Rosie doesn't "play nice" with others. She's rude, self-centered and disrespectful.

That's what the whole thread is about...Reg started this to poke at an unsavory individual...it isn't about her crusade to justify the oppressed or whatever it is she represents. It's about her delivery.

About a month ago, I did the "L-E-S-B-I-A-N-S" thread. It was exactly about this nastiness and not at all about their doing the "deed." I recounted a story of taking a plane ride up to Portland to see Mom for Thanksgiving and having to sit next to a lesbian who scowled at me several times for no apparent reason.

But I might add that in the last week I have had 2 positive run-ins with lesbians. Last weekend, I went to K-Mart and the checker there, an obvious short mannish middle-aged lesbian, probably Hispanic or Italian, was all smiles and very pleasant...though she was even more pleasant to an attractive 28ish woman behind me in line. Yesterday, I was sitting at Starbucks reading with my head down and was interrupted by this lady (athletic, fleece pullover, middle-aged, single, Subaru in the lot) who happened to be in one of my night classes at the univ. about 3 semesters ago and she invited herself to sit down with me and talk to me for half an hour. (And someone posted that I gave off the vibes of a homophobic moron on my thread).

Reg's thread is about Rosie's brittle and calloused demeanor. I would suspect most men and women don't find that endearing. Granted, there are times when seeing a crass comedian (and you are up for it) can be fun. But this is her to the core.

Lesbian anger is not easy to deal with. It's a real downer from what I can see. I think a lot of lesbians are angry, either because of things that have shaped their lives, discrimination they have encountered or simply that there may be more testosterone that is in a state of imbalance with a normal female estrogen level, thus making them edgy and aggressive. And, if Rosie is as angry as she appears to be, it repulses me that she (and Madonna and Angelina, for that matter), because of their monied status, can accelerate through the normal adoption channels to enjoy parenting when they may not be fully qualified to do so as some of the others who are hopefully waiting.

Yes, Rosie is the "c" word. Trump may be an "a-hole," but Rosie is still the "c" word. Thanks.

:hissyfit:

Yea because writing a novel about NOS @ NAIAS is such a better use of one's time...:rolleyes:

That thread was certainly a better use of my 15 mins than anything in this thread. Plus it made people laugh. Laughter is good.

(OK...maybe it was 20 minutes.)

Edited by CD/BP

That thread was certainly a better use of my 15 mins than anything in this thread. Plus it made people laugh. Laughter is good.

(OK...maybe it was 20 minutes.)

No one is twisting your arm and forcing you to read this thread. It's making fun of a celebrity...no different than a thread making fun of Britney Spears, or anyone else. If you can't see that, then I can't help ya.

ETA: It's been making me laugh aplenty in here...reg is hilarious.

Edited by Croc

OK. Carry on with the celeb drivel.

:rolleyes: You must not be a fan of Perez Hilton then, huh? Sucks that celeb "drivel" isn't your thing, but it seems to be pretty popular...

ETA:

Bald kitty?

:lol: Edited by Croc

:rolleyes: You must not be a fan of Perez Hilton then, huh? Sucks that celeb "drivel" isn't your thing, but it seems to be pretty popular...

No I'm not a fan of Perez Hilton (no idea why anyone would be) or celebrity drivel. Maybe those people need more in their lives besides pop culture.

15 minutes to write all that? Quite an accomplishment, Mr. Doane.

*shrug* A couple pages in 15-20 mins ain't no biggie if you have ideas in your head.

Edited by CD/BP

No one is twisting your arm and forcing you to read this thread. It's making fun of a celebrity...no different than a thread making fun of Britney Spears, or anyone else. If you can't see that, then I can't help ya.

ETA: It's been making me laugh aplenty in here...reg is hilarious.

I'm not poking fun at Rosie, I am flat out questioning why she is even a celeb. She ceased being funny when, 15 years ago?

She has prolonged her wretched career how?

Posted Image

She comments on the actions of everyone else but implies she has free reign to live life unquestioned. If she has a scalpel, she has to go under the knife, too.

WHEN has ROSIE EVER admitted any wrongdoing in anything or shown any humility. That's what I want to see. Man, she must be one messed up person.

As far as Britney goes, K-Fed should get the kids. It would be an upgrade. As a parent, its f@#king sad to have to watch human garbage like Britney Spears do the things she does and not feel 1000% sorry for her kids. She clearly is not taking her responsibility very seriously at all. Or 'Michael Jackson's' kids.

Edited by regfootball

No I'm not a fan of Perez Hilton (no idea why anyone would be) or celebrity drivel. Maybe those people need more in their lives besides pop culture.

Perez is popular because he is hilarious. No one visiting the site gives a $h! that Mischa Barton was snapped walking along Beverly Blvd, but it's sooooo funny all the $h! he writes on the picture...drawing cocaine from the nose, writing ICKY ICKY POO or WHERE'S THE BEEF?? etc. Oh and nicknaming Britney Spears' kids as Tater Tot and Small Fry? That was truly inspired...The guy's funny, that's all. Celebrities take themselves waaaaaaaay too seriously...kinda like Rosie!

Guest YellowJacket894

Bald kitty?

:spit: :rotflmao:

Pan-uche? Britney Spears's pan-uche?

. . .

Someone mentioned that O' Donnell stopped being funny 15 years ago. Yeah, I have a statement as a reaction to that statement: she's never been funny. I can laugh harder at Pauly Shore in Bio-f@#king-Dome than I can at anything she's said. Give her a bad sitcom with John Goodman (does the f@#king Flintstones movie count here?), make Arnold Whatthef@#kishislastnameagain? marry her, throw in a few flannel shirts and you have Roseanne Barr part two.

Someone needs to shut the fat bitch up and put her in her place.

Edited by YellowJacket894

Sorry, what was the first example of an irrational accusation? Proof of what, that I'd question her child-rearing abilities? DUH! Because how can someone be a PARENT when their maturity growth is so stunted? Picking fights with Kelly Rippa?? Acting like a bully? These aren't just isolated incidents...they are part of a continuing pattern of behavior. Rosie could very well be verbalizing the proper values to her children relating to conflict management and interpersonal relationships...in other words basically getting along with others...but actions speak louder than words, and when she acts so brashly, what kind of message is that sending to her children? Rosie doesn't "play nice" with others. She's rude, self-centered and disrespectful. Regardless of anyone's personal politics or whatever, you need to be able to exist with others in this world. And I don't think Rosie is capable of teaching her children that because she herself cannot seem to emulate it.

And then I said, but maybe that's what Kelly is for.

So, what was so difficult to understand? Frankly, it sounds like you've got a little axe to grind against me...grow up! Reg was the one who brought it up anyway, and I just don't disagree with him on it.

I don't agree with your assessment of her. I don't believe she bullies, I believe she listens and corrects herself. I don't believe she has shown hubris, EVER. I don't believe she is disrespectful or rude. I do believe the whole Kelly Ripa thing was a bunch of inflamed emotions, on BOTH sides. But who cares? They are celebrities, and their job is to hash it out, keep things interesting. Ultimately with her, she keeps things interesting by sharing her opinions, because her opinions are interesting. If you don't agree, then just say that, but the accusations you are making are far from tthe truth. That being said, you can go along thinking what you want, and I will do the same.

Also, yes actions do speak louder than words. If you had viewed the entire fight the way it played it out, you'd know she spoke on the subject once to share her first opinion, which is when he returned with the scathing remarks, then she gave a very brief and funny response, then for two weeks he bitched and moaned to whomever he could, then she remarked again. So who is the bad parent, and whose actions are out of line? Her kids also don't watch TV, which is a great example of what a smart person she is, so I doubt they even know about it.

The whole grow up comment is yet again you trying to make me look bad. It's silly, you questioned something I completely, undoubtedly, and couldn't possibly more disagree with you, which is her parenting abilities, and you being the master wisdom of the world professed how your far-removed viewpoint couldn't be closer to the truth.

Edited by turbo200

:lol: I'm trying to make you look bad? I don't have to try man...your entire last paragraph says it all: first off YOU questioned me...for agreeing with REG, and quite rudely no less. REG questioned her parenting abilities, he brought that up, not me. I just don't disagree with him. I have never said I'm the master of wisdom, I have just stated my opinion, and when you questioned why, gave reasons for my opinion. You are the one who can't seem to disagree politely, what with that "irrational accusations" phrase you threw in. So you don't agree...but you don't need to be accusing me of being irrational because I interpret her behavior differently than you do. I really don't care if you agree or not...but the name-calling and personal stuff needs to stop because this is the internet and I really don't have the time nor patience to deal with it. Edited by Croc

OKAY, you win!

For a breif understanding of where "irrational accusations" came from read the context of the thread, you'll see I spouted off about people hurling insults and invective, rather than strong evidence. Hence the whole irrational accusations, then you provided the rather lovely bit about child-rearing abilities, here I thought you were a student didn't think you took a part-time job as a nanny for Rosie's children to make you so lovingly aquainted. So, Narcissus, that wasn't directed solely at you. Ooops, there I go with the name calling again.

EDIT: I see you didn't respond in the other thread, please do, it'll be entertaining.

Edited by turbo200

OKAY, you win!

For a breif understanding of where "irrational accusations" came from read the context of the thread, you'll see I spouted off about people hurling insults and invective, rather than strong evidence. Hence the whole irrational accusations, then you provided the rather lovely bit about child-rearing abilities, here I thought you were a student didn't think you took a part-time job as a nanny for Rosie's children to make you so lovingly aquainted. So, Narcissus, that wasn't directed solely at you. Ooops, there I go with the name calling again.

EDIT: I see you didn't respond in the other thread, please do, it'll be entertaining.

:lol: Man, you need to just chill out...

R. O'D. is a lame, stupid, 2nd amendment hating bimbo

PERIOD.

but it's sooooo funny all the $h! he writes on the picture...drawing cocaine from the nose, writing ICKY ICKY POO or WHERE'S THE BEEF?? etc. Oh and nicknaming Britney Spears' kids as Tater Tot and Small Fry? That was truly inspired...The guy's funny, that's all.

Simple pleasures.

Edited by CD/BP