Buick Enclave Ordering Guide

Flybrian

Let's make every feature superior to every single other competitor's features in an all-out pissing contest, just like when that was done by the .... .. . . .... .. ...... .. .... . . . . . . . . .

?

Pretty much the entire modern minivan segment is a pissing match.

Edited by empowah

Height adjustment CAN be a definite need! How about the passenger who wants to get their butt off the floor so that they can sit more in a sitting position, instead of the seat being low to the floor and forcing them to sit with a "legs out" posture?

Whenever I'm in a friends' car with a power passenger seat, I always adjust the height.....or at least the height of the front side of the bottom cushion (to put me more in a "V" position and to give my lower thighs more support.)

You've been spoiled by the Germans, who do the symmetrical seat adjustment thing on all their cars. Most Asian and US cars don't have 'em.

You've been spoiled by the Germans, who do the symmetrical seat adjustment thing on all their cars. Most Asian and US cars don't have 'em.

My CTS has full power passenger seat......at $41K maybe, but it has it....

My mom's Regal GS has full power passenger seat......and that's a 2000 model.

My Aurora has an 8-way with lumbar, our Bonneville, our '99 Regal had it, our Toronado...

Again, forget about any competitors for now. GM has done/does it in other leser vehicles. Again, even te vehicles the Enclave is replacing had this feature. It just doesn't make sense.

Also, the passenger seat has 4-way adjustments... and 4-way lumbar! Now does it make things better?

Yes it does. They're removing equipment most passengers don't notice and adding things that you can brag about. Power seatback adjustment is much more impressive than the old-school GM six-way power seat manual recliner.

Our Odyssey doesn't have passenger height adjustment, and no one misses it because of the chair-like seat height. Four-way power lumbar probably improves comfort more.

Edited by empowah

Yes it does. They're removing equipment most passengers don't notice and adding things that you can brag about. Power seatback adjustment is much more impressive than the old-school GM six-way power seat manual recliner.

Our Odyssey doesn't have passenger height adjustment, and no one misses it because of the chair-like seat height. Four-way power lumbar probably improves comfort more.

Exactly... most SUVs/CUVs already have an upright seating configuration. It won't be missed in the Enclave. However... a $52,000 import luxury/sport sedan... hmmmm.

You can now build and price them on KBB:

http://www.kbb.com/kbb/NewCars/2008_Buick_Enclave_SUV.aspx

A FULLY loaded CXL AWD with White Diamond paint (the highest cost paint option) tops out at $46,285 MSRP and $42,348 invoice.

SO, not much different from the Acadia in truth, and an even nicer set of features and details.

You can now build and price them on KBB:

http://www.kbb.com/kbb/NewCars/2008_Buick_Enclave_SUV.aspx

A FULLY loaded CXL AWD with White Diamond paint (the highest cost paint option) tops out at $46,285 MSRP and $42,348 invoice.

SO, not much different from the Acadia in truth, and an even nicer set of features and details.

Wow... no really new and exciting exterior colors.

Why would there be? If you've seen recent GM pallets, it was kind of a gimme was would be available. At least the list is long, though, with a choice of whites, the upgraded red, and all the other great choices.

Pricing one out finally, I DEFINITELY see one as a possibility now. Love the Acadia, but can't get it optioned just the way we'd want it, and an Enclave CX with just one or two little options is beyond perfect--made in White Diamond with Cashmere, and call it a day :AH-HA_wink: